The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
apothecary

Sydney Meet

Yeah i had a really good day too! really nice to meet you all..

WHY WHY WHY MUST I WORK!!!!!!!!! ana.gif

Sorry to miss the meet people, was going to bring that thankyou present for fugushi that I mentioned in passing to him. Oh well, next time.

We'll have to make the next one for a public holiday, that way everyone should be able to make it (in theory)

Hope you all had fun though

blang, if i know you well enough by now, i know that work for you is not a chore, nay, au contraire, tis a pure plesaure ;) those scripts are the scripts of the gods, let them possess you and change you and become you!

Tripitaka it was wonderful to meet you, and it was equally wonderful to meet the famous Amulte and Larissa (sp) and equally equally as wonderful to see Alice again.

blang, if i know you well enough by now, i know that work for you is not a chore, nay, au contraire, tis a pure plesaure ;) those scripts are the scripts of the gods, let them possess you and change you and become you!

I guess it's just the whirlwind of life, in this case I believe it was more of a time chaos issue than anything else :lol:

I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned here at The Corroboree.

Sydney Ethno Meet

Saturday 22nd September

10am

Cactus and Succulent Garden - Royal Botanic Gardens, Sydney

It's been organised by the good people across at AustralianEthnobotany, see link here http://www.australianethnobotany.com/viewtopic.php?t=554

The more the merrier with this kind of thing so that's why I thought it should get mentioned here.

If you've ever thought of meeting your fellow enthusiasts and are free on the day you should join in! Don't be shy. You can read back on this thread to get a feel for how recent past meets have gone.

I don't know if I can go yet (hinges on my brother's b'day celebration plans) but if I'm free I'll definitely show up.

Moderator: Can we please have this added to Upcoming Events and Calendar?

This is likely to be a recurring once monthly meet at the gardens we will see how it goes and if the attendance is good. Come on Sydney show us you are commited to the ethnobotany community :wink: In all seriousness though, we honestly think Sydneysiders' should have a monthly meet as there is enough of us in the community from the area to warrant a regular meet.

The reason it wasn't mentioned here was that it is a trial run and we were aiming for a small meet to test the waters.

PM me for more info or you can contact me at [email protected]

Thanks.

Hope to see some of you there.

EDIT: Just to clarify, these meets aen't secret and the first of the monthly Sydney meets is on the 22nd of September, meeting time and place is as above.

Edited by Phosphene_Dream

Hmmm hopefully I'll be able to attend this one... have missed the past couple.

On another note, anybody interested in meeting up at Earthdance. There is a 90% chance I'll be going :D.

When is Earthdance? Was toying with the idea of going[not that I even know when it is, knew it was coming up soon though], but don't really like large crowds particularly.

Hmmm, don't think I will be going. I prefer to just meet up with people at the meets. Less stress.

Have a great day to those who are going though.

:)