Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'bioassay'.
Found 2 results
Hi, I tested two species of ephedra in simple infusion made using something like this: I dont know english name.... "plunger infusionator"?? Used volumen of ephedra stem powder was more or less one cup of coffee in both bioassays. I drank two pots like above, using the same powder for extracting all "substance" of quantity used. Similar way as argentine mate. The species tested was E. fragilis and E. distachya (It could be major but I am not sure of ID). http://www.floraiberica.es/floraiberica/texto/pdfs/01_031_01_Ephedra.pdf E. fragilis was no active and I was able to sleep without any problem. One month later I tested E. dystachia /major. Definitely this specie was active. I felt my heart flapping and I was not able to sleep at night. I haversted both in October. I hope you find my short report interesting ;).
Tried out my latest successful Kanna type thing. Equal portions of Sceletium tortuosum (mostly stemmy material), D cooperi (probably) and Aptenia cordifolia (leaves, stems and roots) were fermented in plastic bag in a warm place for about 7 days. After drying in the sun for some time, the process was finished by a quick roast in the oven at 150 C to ensure dryness & to get rid of any remaining oxalates. Inhaled a lot of the dust that came off when powdering/crushing. Ate a bit of stem (pleaseant nutty/toasty taste). Very strong buzz, much stronger than any sceletium only kanna I made previously. No heavyness in the limbs, quite a pronounced adrenalin like feeling. Pulse didn't rush, but I felt the air was really getting into my lungs. This is of course not very conclusive by itself as my scelly is very stressed and this could explain the result. I will make preps of each individually over the next few weeks to see what comes out on top.