The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
grandawood

Can't sleep? Try these Agarwood leaves

Hi everyone

Has any struggled with sleeping? Would you like to try agarwood tea as it is quite effective with science research which has been used in herbal medicine.

http://www.grandawood.com.au/pages/science-research-articles-the-benefit-of-agarwood-leaves

Warning: it is very bitter

http://www.grandawood.com.au/collections/agarwood-tea

Thank you

post-17122-0-73803100-1446591945_thumb.j

post-17122-0-73803100-1446591945_thumb.jpg

post-17122-0-73803100-1446591945_thumb.jpg

Where do you source it?
Is it a sustainable source?
Are the trees infected before harvested or are they uninfected trees?
Do you have any actual scientific research to back up the sleep claims?
I can't find anything credible in regards to insomnia treatment.
It sounds interesting but I like to be sure of what things are as best I can as it seems a new "snake oil" comes out near every second day.
Cheers :)

• Like 1

It's quite expensive too. I'd want some validation before I dropped serious cash on it personally.

• Like 1

And a threatened species which is why sustainability is something definitely worth verifying
As well as whether or not the stock is currently in the country or if your order gets dispatched from the farm in Vietnam that was mentioned.
If it were dispatched from there then I could foresee quarantine issues

Okay found one journal that looks reasonably legit in regards to testing sedative effect of 2 different types of agarwood oil along with pure chemicals (the major constituents of the oils) and lavendar oil.
The lavendar oil has superior sedative properties and curiously the two different "major constituents" from each of the two different oils both sedated the mice similarly.
I say that's curious because I wonder what the effect would be, in regards to sedation, if the same system were to test the effect of solvent vapors and other more common oils? There may be some kind of nervous system depression at play which may not be a fantastic thing if it is a similar mechanism to how solvents work.

http://www.borraikrisana.com/fulltext.pdf

• Like 1

I use a solvent - EtOH in grape juice to help me sleep. I drink it as it would take far too long to inhale enough to get any significant effect.

I only drink four nights a week though, I like to stay up all night listening to the junkies next door fight so I stay current with all the latest slanderous insults and gossip.

• Like 3

Hi, it is from my family plantation site. It is cultivated agarwood for sustainable future. I have to obtain CITES (cites.org) appendix II to import here. CITES permit could only be issued from the origin growers. We are in the business for more than 20 years in oversea but new in Australia. The stock is with me in Brisbane, NOT from oversea as I import stocks and I am not drop shipping.

Just like diamond, as default, it is expensive as:

1. ALthough it is cultivated, it takes 7 years for the Aquilaria trees to grow before being infected by yeast and fungus. When being attacked, the defence mechanism is created, hence agarwood
  2. It takes another 2 years before being harvested as if less than 2 years, the quality would be inferior as those wood are immature
  3. Wild agarwood is still exist but in the bridge of extinction.

I have sent several samples when the promotion was on, teaviews.com gave me the following review:

"I steeped 1 teabag in one cup of boiling water. The tea has a smell very unlike any other teas I have had. It reminds me of a damp forest and a camp fire. It smells bitter and astringent. I only steeped the tea for 3 minutes allowing the water to become light brown but the flavor was powerful. This is some very, very strong tea. It’s hard for me to describe the flavor but for some reason it reminds me of burnt wood. I read that some people just consume little bits of this tea at a time and I’m wondering if that’s because they can’t down a whole cup. It has a little bit of a sweet aftertaste, but even adding sugar doesn’t help the extreme bitterness.

The first time I consumed this tea, I made some mistakes. For one, I steeped it too long. 3 minutes is really all the time this tea needs. Next, I added sugar in attempts to cover the bitterness. This didn’t help at all in my opinion. If you’re going to sweeten this tea, use honey. The time of day you drink this tea is also important! It seriously makes you sleepy. The first time I drank it at noon and I just wanted to nap all afternoon. The second time I had it before bed and slept like a baby. Also, keep in mind that this tea does indeed affect your bowel movements. Make sure you drink this tea when you’ve been eating properly. I also read that some people are allergic to Agarwood essential oil, meaning they are likely allergic to Agarwood tea as well. This is important to keep in mind before ordering."

I have highlighted here, you can click on those link from my page to get the journal articles

http://www.grandawood.com.au/pages/benefit-of-agarwood-herbal-infusion

I have the woodchips as well, again all from our Agarwood plantation site.

• Like 3

And a threatened species which is why sustainability is something definitely worth verifying

As well as whether or not the stock is currently in the country or if your order gets dispatched from the farm in Vietnam that was mentioned.

If it were dispatched from there then I could foresee quarantine issues

I understand, you are 100% right, I have applied import permit from CITES and export permit from my brother farm for the 3rd import. There would be quarantine issue if I don't have the paper work to support my wares. However, I am confident that I am legit :)

Our oud oil have been exporting to Japan and USA to make anti-cancer agent, but hey, just ignoring the medicinal sites of it if you are in doubt, as the Oud Oil itself, the smell is fantastic.

Not sure if you heard of Agar Aura and Ensar Oil, yet I am not that level, but I believe mine is still wearable :) humbly speaking as it has been used and praised by several customers.

• Like 1

Looks like you have legit sustainable product so that is awesome
And appreciate the response also.
Still a little skeptical on the sleep properties of it but as far as fragrance goes it is apparently unique and hasn't been synthetically replicated so that's always cool.
And it does seem to offer a few medicinal benefits such as analgesia (or at least lower sensitivity to heat) without anti inflammatory action and it has a laxative effect.

• Like 1

Looks like you have legit sustainable product so that is awesome

And appreciate the response also.

Still a little skeptical on the sleep properties of it but as far as fragrance goes it is apparently unique and hasn't been synthetically replicated so that's always cool.

And it does seem to offer a few medicinal benefits such as analgesia (or at least lower sensitivity to heat) without anti inflammatory action and it has a laxative effect.

You are right, as the scientific evidence is not conclusive. Here is another feedback from customer: :)

fb6048b8ff021bfb369c9eeb4caa38cdc88a1bd2