• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Responsible Choice

Responsible Choice

Apparent or Real?

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:Consciousness. BD gardening. Qi Gong & Tai Chi Chaun. Meditation. Drug law reform. Mycelium. Mantra and Kirtan.
  • Climate or location:The Void

Posted 24 July 2015 - 10:32 PM

Some one flicked this by me this evening through my site. I copy and paste it for your consideration...

There is a very interesting new Senate Committee championed by David Leyonhjelm (LibDems) that covers a range of issues that infringe on the personal freedom of citizens.

-       e-cigarettes ban/tax
-       bar lockout laws
-       recreational cannabis
-       bike helmet laws
-       video game censorship

This link is his press release on the subject…
http://www.watoday.c...716-gidlwa.html

The committee is accepting submissions until the 24th August – at the below link
http://www.aph.gov.a...Personal_choice

Probably a rare opportunity to have our voices heard on this subject that I think we all feel pretty strongly about (or at least should feel strongly about)
This only opened for submissions yesterday and by last night about 90% of the 34 submissions made are by the bike helmet crowd - lets make sure that the cannabis aspect is well represented and get some submissions in!

Edited by Responsible Choice, 26 July 2015 - 11:44 AM.

• Yeti101 and ThunderIdeal like this

:shroomer: Mushrooms are not medicine. Mushrooms are magic - Kilindi Iyi :shroomer:

Ever wonder why alcohol is legal in Australia and cannabis isn't? Me too! www.responsiblechoice.com.au :wink:

#2 Yeti101

Yeti101

Wildy Disjunctive

• Trusted Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy, freedom, Science Fiction and mindfulness.
  • Climate or location:Zone 5 Coastal NSW

Posted 25 July 2015 - 06:57 AM

Lots of aspects that are worth raising, not just from the cannabis angle - although the LDP are (on paper at least) committed to legalisation, something they need to be reminded of. I'll be making a submission, and I strongly encourage others to do so as well.
  • Responsible Choice likes this

Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you. – Pericles (430 BC)

#3 Yeti101

Yeti101

Wildy Disjunctive

• Trusted Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy, freedom, Science Fiction and mindfulness.
  • Climate or location:Zone 5 Coastal NSW

Posted Today, 09:23 PM

People might soon get sick of me bumping this :innocent_n: , but I'm going to, at least once a week, until submissions close. If I'm the only member here who makes puts something in, I will be disappointed.

I do have a question though, how else, and where else, could we spread the word of this? I'm doing what I can, but I'm not that well connected on the other forums that have members who might (or should) be interested.

• ThunderIdeal and Responsible Choice like this

Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you. – Pericles (430 BC)

#4 ThunderIdeal

ThunderIdeal

Twisted Member

• Trusted Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,471 posts
  • Climate or location:Brisbane

Posted Today, 10:03 PM

remember when the plant laws were coming in?  somebody or other made a kind of go-to website which had some of the basic information and i think there was also a form where you could make a general submission even without writing your own unique submission... or you could just modify the one provided, throwing your weight behind the effort without the actual use of effort.

somebody here also made a basic flyer pointing to said website which people could print and put on noticeboards, at nurseries etc

that kind of thing i think yeti.  i'm afraid i can't point you to cannabis-oriented forums or possible communities which might be organising an effort already, but there is bound to be one somewhere??

I bellowed at the firmament

It looks like the rain is here to stay

And the rain pissed down upon me

And washed me all away

. . .

And the tears that we will weep today

Will all be washed away

By the tears that we will weep

When we weep again tomorrow

#5 ThunderIdeal

ThunderIdeal

Twisted Member

• Trusted Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,471 posts
  • Climate or location:Brisbane

Posted Today, 10:05 PM

yeti this thread just isn't getting viewed.  it doesn't have the right subject header to attract the right attention.  start another thread mate, focusing on the particular issue which interests you.

I bellowed at the firmament

It looks like the rain is here to stay

And the rain pissed down upon me

And washed me all away

. . .

And the tears that we will weep today

Will all be washed away

By the tears that we will weep

When we weep again tomorrow

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: freedom, sovereignty, nanny state, e-cigs, cannabis, law reform