The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DiscoStu

Seven Steps of Highly Effective Manipulators

150113-mak-syria-map-jan-embed.jpg

Seven Steps of Highly Effective Manipulators

You might think that after seeing the consequences of their campaign for “freedom and democracy” in Libya, journalists like Nicholas Kristof and “humanitarian campaigners” like Avaaz would have some qualms.

Unfortunately they have learned nothing. They have generally not been held to account, with a few nice exceptions such as this Greenwald/Hussain article. And now they are at it again. Many well-intentioned but naive members of the U.S. and international public are again being duped into signing an Avaaz petition based on fraud and misinformation. If the campaign succeeds in leading to a No Fly Zone in Syria, it will result in vastly increased war, mayhem and bloodshed.

The following illustration shows the sequence and trail of deceit leading to Avaaz’s call for a No Fly Zone in Syria.

unnamed-1024x622.jpg

PURPOSE Inc.

This is an international PR firm. CEO is Jeremy Heimans, a co-founder of Avaaz.

President is Kevin Steinberg, previous CEO of World Economic Forum USA (antithesis of World Social Forum). Their website describes their goal:

“Purpose builds and accelerates movements to tackle the world’s biggest problems.”

In this case the “problem” is reluctance to take over Syrian skies and land.

For a hefty fee, “Purpose” will dupe the public and break down that reluctance.

Toward that end, Purpose created “The Syria Campaign”.

The Syria Campaign

The Syria Campaign began in spring 2014. One of their first efforts was to work to prevent publicity and information about the Syrian Presidential Election of June 2014. Accordingly, “The Syria Campaign” pressured Facebook to remove advertisements or publicity about the Syrian election. Since then Syria Campaign has engineered huge media exposure and mythology about their baby, the “White Helmets” using all sorts of social and traditional media. The campaigns are largely fact free. For example, the Syrian election was dismissed out of hand by them and John Kerry but taken seriously by many millions of Syrians.

The Syria Campaign is managed by Anna Nolan, who grew up in northern Ireland and has very likely never been to Syria. In addition to promoting the White Helmets, Syria Campaign promotes a new social media campaign called “Planet Syria”. It features emotional pleas for the world to take notice of Syria in another thinly veiled effort pushing for foreign intervention and war.

According to their website, The Syria Campaign received start-up funding from the foundation of Ayman Asfari, a billionaire who made his money in the oil and gas services industry.

read the rest

the map is isis territory at the start of this year, i know it's expanded down to palmyra now, getting all these gains since the US strted arming JAN (remember, there is NO moderate opposition in syria, it's all jihadists). the campaign talks about a targeted no fly zone, I'm assuming in the north which will directly aid isis.

from the campaign:

The US, Turkey, UK, France and others are right now seriously considering a safe zone in Northern Syria. Advisers close to President Obama support it, but he is worried he won’t have public support. That’s where we come in.

so they're up to their old tricks. haven't heard about this on the oz news but i don't pay much attention.

Thanks Stu. Very interesting. I don't believe much that I hear anymore when it concerns the few countries getting in the way of US hegemony.

The ME is just a playground for all the elitists that run everything. Once the world wakes up to what's really happening around them, by then it will be too late.

The world won't wake up.

I'm not even sure I'm awake.

We took a wrong turn years ago...

when we came out of the trees :(

remember the white helmets? cos i sure do

CQM5YerUYAA-dbW.png

CQM5YdoVAAAEAD5.png

Curious what you think of this Stu.

The west hasn't been invited into Syria for good reason. Russia has presumably been invited, in any event they want to keep their port secure and they have some agreement there with Syria.

Russia knows what Isis are and what the west is up to.

Israel has nothing to say??

what do i think?

it's tough, Syria is a no hope situation. Russia is in and so is Iraq to defend the Assad regime. they'e going in all in to bolster the assad regime and fight the rebel forces.

the rebel forces are, to put it mildly, complicated. The FSA died a long time ago and the only opposition fighters left are al quaeda affilates.

there is no moderate opposition in syria.

the US is claiming to support "moderate" rebels but we hear time and again so called "defections" of US trained militia to islamist groups, I don't believe this is an accident, the US knows full well they are training islamist (read: al quaeda) fighters, I don't believe they are so stupid to think otherwise

so where are we? we have the US training groups linked to al quaeda and ISIS and we have russia directly attacking them. China is also wheighing in with aircraft carriers int he region.

syria as it was is finished. they can't go back. I don't know what the future holds but it will be decided by the US and russia, and no one else

peace in the middle east will not be attained in my lifetime, i'm sure of that

The west hasn't been invited into Syria for good reason

er, no. the west has been involved in syria since the start

edit: i thought invited read involved,

israel is planning a ground invasion of syria, they only want control of the golan heights and greater syria i think is of no concern to them

Might you be so kind as to provide more info on the Israeli ground invasion?

i only have alex jones, and the links they provide are in hebrew,

but look through the links you can see israel is prepared to go to war against iran, and hezbolla

http://www.infowars.com/israel-prepares-ground-invasion-of-syria/

i can guarantee you israel will respond with force against iranian or hezbollah build up in the region.

I get a good serve of non mainstream news from here:

http://www.zerohedge.com/

There are plenty of articles on what is currently going on with Syria. Most articles are pretty good however the accompanying commentary is best avoided.