Cosmopolitan Libertine

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts
  • Climate or location:temperate

Posted 26 May 2015 - 08:20 PM

150113-mak-syria-map-jan-embed.jpg

Seven Steps of Highly Effective Manipulators

You might think that after seeing the consequences of their campaign for “freedom and democracy” in Libya, journalists like Nicholas Kristof and “humanitarian campaigners” like Avaaz would have some qualms.

Unfortunately they have learned nothing. They have generally not been held to account, with a few nice exceptions such as this Greenwald/Hussain article. And now they are at it again. Many well-intentioned but naive members of the U.S. and international public are again being duped into signing an Avaaz petition based on fraud and misinformation. If the campaign succeeds in leading to a No Fly Zone in Syria, it will result in vastly increased war, mayhem and bloodshed.

The following illustration shows the sequence and trail of deceit leading to Avaaz’s call for a No Fly Zone in Syria.

unnamed-1024x622.jpg

PURPOSE Inc.

This is an international PR firm. CEO is Jeremy Heimans, a co-founder of Avaaz.

President is Kevin Steinberg, previous CEO of World Economic Forum USA (antithesis of World Social Forum).  Their website describes their goal:

“Purpose builds and accelerates movements to tackle the world’s biggest problems.”

In this case the “problem” is reluctance to take over Syrian skies and land.

For a hefty fee, “Purpose” will dupe the public and break down that reluctance.

Toward that end,  Purpose created “The Syria Campaign”.

The Syria Campaign

The Syria Campaign began in spring 2014. One of their first efforts was to work to prevent publicity and information about the Syrian Presidential Election of June 2014. Accordingly, “The Syria Campaign” pressured Facebook to remove advertisements or publicity about the Syrian election.  Since then Syria Campaign has engineered huge media exposure and mythology about their baby, the “White Helmets” using all sorts of social and traditional media. The campaigns are largely fact free. For example, the Syrian election was dismissed out of hand by them and John Kerry but taken seriously by many millions of Syrians.

The Syria Campaign is managed by Anna Nolan,  who grew up in northern Ireland and has very likely never been to Syria. In addition to promoting the White Helmets,  Syria Campaign promotes a new social media campaign called “Planet Syria”. It features emotional pleas for the world to take notice of Syria in another thinly veiled effort pushing for foreign intervention and war.

According to their website, The Syria Campaign received start-up funding from the foundation of Ayman Asfari, a billionaire who made his money in the oil and gas services industry.

read the rest

the map is isis territory at the start of this year, i know it's expanded down to palmyra now, getting all these gains since the US strted arming JAN (remember, there is NO moderate opposition in syria, it's all jihadists). the campaign talks about a targeted no fly zone, I'm assuming in the north which will directly aid isis.

from the campaign:

The US, Turkey, UK, France and others are right now seriously considering a safe zone in Northern Syria. Advisers close to President Obama support it, but he is worried he won’t have public support. That’s where we come in.

so they're up to their old tricks. haven't heard about this on the oz news but i don't pay much attention. 

Edited by DiscoStu, 26 May 2015 - 08:29 PM.

• ThunderIdeal, jwerta, ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ and 1 other like this

What’s remarkable is that atoms have assembled into entities which are somehow able to ponder their origins.

#2 ThunderIdeal

ThunderIdeal

FUCKED UNIT

• Trusted Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,312 posts
  • Interests:plasma cosmology, electric universe theory
  • Climate or location:Brisbane

Posted 27 May 2015 - 11:18 PM

Thanks Stu. Very interesting. I don't believe much that I hear anymore when it concerns the few countries getting in the way of US hegemony.
-just because replies haven't been thick n fast in the affirmative to your theorizing , doesn't necessaily mean no-one here cares or understands you , or even that they're asleep because they're not arguing your point the way you see the world and how each paradigm fits into that. I've read so many wondefully worded and DEEP shit on sab over the years, that it rivals published works in some cases.....bloody not as dry that's for shiz. Personally, i'd say, some people here know what you are saying, have probably explored the presented ideas in their own time previously but naturally, would rather, skip, run, twirl and dance to the beat of their own drum when it comes to these matters. So just because someone for example, does not want to fill in a space on your dance card, does not mean that you should stop airing your views for discussion. How many times does a thread metamorphosize like some organic creature flapping it's wings for the first time here in sabland.... and in the end -the seeker finds at the very least- some answers to their question. Alot of the time you need to knead that dough thoroughly before it's ready for the oven tin. -quote from etherealdrifter

#3 Jameson2

Jameson2

Day Tripper

• Members2
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Climate or location:NSW

Posted Yesterday, 07:16 PM

The ME is just a playground for all the elitists that run everything. Once the world wakes up to what's really happening around them, by then it will be too late.

Edited by Jameson2, Yesterday, 07:17 PM.

#4 Glaukus

Glaukus

Sincere kook

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Climate or location:Australia

Posted Yesterday, 09:02 PM

The world won't wake up.
I'm not even sure I'm awake.
We took a wrong turn years ago...
  • theuserformallyknownasd00d likes this