• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ

☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ

⚕ Thunder Horse ⍾ Ninja ✰

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 994 posts
  • Location:Viltheed, Outer Shpongolia, Valle Pharquois Scopulicious, Werdermannianna, Taquimbo, Validacea
  • Interests:Magick💫 plants🌵 Mycology🍄 Nature🐱 Virtue🌏 Aquaria🐟 sustainable living🐸 family values💖 Quality of life🙆 Healing🎃
    Anthropology😸
  • Climate or location:zone 8 & 12+

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:24 PM

ok I've definitely given every last ounce of love I have spare to my cacti... they used to prickle me really bad at first ..

but last time I repotted them , not one of them that stabbed me hurt this time... nor when i reach around them to open and close windows

Either my skin has hardened up to them, or

my nerves have fucked off south from the surface of my skin..., or

I've "sanded" down the spines ... perhaps causing them to blunten .... what with my having been stabbed so much already

or they must really love me ... I like to think it's the latter myself ... since the newest trichos fell over yesterday in the cuttings pot

and the only thing I had to catch them in a split second including a pre-emptive wince.... was my bare hand .... even that didnt hurt..

wtf?

perhaps my skin developed new spidey senses a bit like parking sensors detect obstacles or potential collision material?

Has anyone else noticed the phenomenom of previously-defensive cacti becoming more docile and gentle over time ...with regards to handling?

Edited by ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ, 30 October 2014 - 08:26 PM.

• Swiper and Dreamwalker. like this

Bliss wishes and happy growing! :wink:

Deseos bien aventurados y bendiciones las mas luminosas

#2 Nailthesnail

Nailthesnail

Soul Searchin

• Members2
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Interests:Veganism,Mountain Biking,snowboarding,art,music(mostly hiphop but I am open minded.)The love of my life and a bunch of other things.
  • Climate or location:Oceanic Climate NZ

Posted Yesterday, 03:23 AM

i had a cuzcoensis rooting and I chucked it outside it fell onto my hand and my hand is still having problems. I missed a day of work and couldnt move my thumb for weeks.

Just because it didn't hurt this time doesn't mean it won't again

But some of you won't survive the changes the earth makes, Swallowed by tsunamis, hurricanes and earthquakes. And that's just the first stage if you cannot reverse ways and realize that we are one regardless of our birthplace.

#3 ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ

☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ

⚕ Thunder Horse ⍾ Ninja ✰

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 994 posts
  • Location:Viltheed, Outer Shpongolia, Valle Pharquois Scopulicious, Werdermannianna, Taquimbo, Validacea
  • Interests:Magick💫 plants🌵 Mycology🍄 Nature🐱 Virtue🌏 Aquaria🐟 sustainable living🐸 family values💖 Quality of life🙆 Healing🎃
    Anthropology😸
  • Climate or location:zone 8 & 12+

Posted Yesterday, 03:43 AM

eek sorry to hear about your hand,

wishing you speedy passage thru the injury..

I'll be sure to vigilant /let the next one hit the deck in future

Bliss wishes and happy growing! :wink:

Deseos bien aventurados y bendiciones las mas luminosas

#4 hostilis

hostilis

CactiCultiHolic

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts
  • Interests:Lophophora, Trichocereus, Ariocarpus, Astrophytum, Gymnocalycium... Pretty much any cacti. Skate/long/skim boarding. Guitar. Poi
  • Climate or location:USDA Zone 6b

Posted Today, 07:32 AM

I still get poked daily, but it doesn't bother me as much anymore.  Glochids in my hands used to really bother me but I don't really care now. Lol. 

#5 M S Smith

M S Smith

Cactiphile Extraordinaire

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Take a wild guess.
  • Climate or location:flickr.com/msscacti

Posted Today, 07:47 AM

Naw, at least my plants didn't get more gentle, it's just that I'm used to it, but I did just dig one out of my piggy that "had none" which was a full centimeter long.  Took over two weeks of pain to loosen up, but it's better now.  Bad cactus!

~Michael~

• hostilis likes this

#6 zelly

zelly

Senior Citizen

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts
  • Climate or location:siberian wasteland

Posted Today, 12:37 PM

but I did just dig one out of my piggy that "had none" which was a full centimeter long.

you leave the reader to determine which body part is your 'piggy' ?

you're not talking about your head are you?......... :P

#7 Glaukus

Glaukus

Psychonaut

• Members2
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Climate or location:Australia

Posted Today, 04:34 PM

I've still got pus coming out of my foot from a big spine I trod on a few weeks ago...paying my dues.