The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
mutant

Anyone into grindcore?

these are kind of intro... the first tune from csso is a carcass cover with acoustic instruments!

cista ryza what a nice band! would better call it hardcore/crust with a grind twist and then some than plain grindcore though

So I am really into it grindcore... used to be, anywayz... so I dont listen to it all the time... never did, but hadnt listened to it for a while, until recently.... so I kind of remembered it these days with a fellow grind friend from the old days...

some random now legendary grindcore bands I love

birdflesh (still active)

these are a bit more metal than my usual tastes, that is there is constant trash and death influence in their riffs.. but the "funny" attitude and the overl devotion to speed and grindcore parts, plus extreme vovals.. a simple song title is enough to catch (or not) the humorous vibe : "More garlic" . Band that typically appeals to death/thrash fans, even if they dont like grindcore... From sweden

dahmer (rip)

legendary canadian based band, nuff said... I love the sound, drums riffs vocals and relentless style despite the technical limitations... they dont do it like this anymore.... one of the best samples of pure grindcore riffing in all its dirtiness!

discordance axis (rip)

these band I can easily say its one of the finest gridncore bands ever... among the best IMO.... they feat a drummer and 2 guitarists but NOT a bassist. A truely unique and original band. USA... probably me fave gridncore drumming ever... the most unusual riffings... maybe my fave? haven't thought about it a lot to narrow them down to 3 or 5 faves...

a favourite song, you got to check them out more they're something if you like extreme music, even if you dont like other grindcore shit...

squash bowels (still active, but have been realeasing more typical death grind albums with less edge in both speed, riffs and vocals the last decade... last album (2013) is thankfully refreshingly sick and grindcory) * early material is sick gore grind with unreal vocals...

one of the most relentless grindcore drumming and general grindcore-ness ever captured in a single album... again a legendary band from poland.. by far their best album IMO, from 2002

note how the first song is begining bursting out of speed and energy... wut drumwork!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7IJ7hH6fSA

dead infection (just read they're still active, haven't been really following recent works)

legend grindcore/goregrind from poland again... another crazy drummer...

Edited by mutant

apart from dahmer, all the other bands are pretty well known , at least among the grind crowd

so I will mention some bands I love but are less known.

warsore (rip)

these are ozzies, from melbourne I think.. its the overly extreme vocals and the drumming style and overall raw sound I love about them

gride

Czech republic, hyper fast and technicall hardcore-grind, with trashy riffings, one of them bands that I simply have in my heart, seen them live they're awesome musicians...

bathtub shitter

wacky japanese grindcore act , love the scream vocals ..

cock and ball torture

german sickos, gore grind most oriented in mid tempo shit... I first didn't like them so much... nor did I like gore vocals at first.. but after a while they begin to grow on you.

the famous funny video is on c+b music...

ahumado granujo (rip I think)

czech gridncore act who also mixed their gridncore with electronic music in their last album

and a videoclip!!

unholy grave (I assume they are active, just heard this 2011 release and it kicks some serious ass in the same old unholy grave way...)

crazy japanese, they have been realeasing shit for more than 2 decades , maybe the definition of the cult grindcore band...

awesome sound and riffing , tons of releases and split vinyls... these dudes manage to maintain their raw sound!!! I am thrilled to listen to 2011 material sounding like the old shit...

aussie freaks back in the 90s

Edited by bullit
  • Like 1

no big surprise here, bumpity though...