The Corroboree
cactuscarl

free Brazilian grape tree seed

Hi all I had this plant fruit at my place and after a little research I found out its a jabuticaba (probably incorrect spelling) Brazilian grape tree the berries are delicious and abundant I've never seen them before so I thought there would be a few of you who might like some seed

I have 5 packets of 5 seeds for the first 5 ppl who post here

if more ppl are interested I will pick some more just express your interest

• Like 2

Hi cactuscarl, i would like to add these to my fruit tree collection. Thanks for the seed offer

Wow thats an amazing looking tree,

Ill give it a try, maybe even bonsai it.

Thanks cactuscarl

Hi

May i try please,very generous.

I have never seen anything like that before,very beautiful.

Edited by mrp11

sounds cool I'd like to try ty

Ok cool just pm me your addresses and I'll get them sent out next week

all gone now but as I said just let me know if you'd like some and I'll probably get some more

Expressing my interest when you get some more seed.

Shall also pm you!

Cheers

Very interested :)

I would be interested in a bonsai project if any available in the future cactuscarl.

Fascinating looking tree.

WB

Hey i would be very keen on some seed if you collect another round.

pictures?

Wiki says some can handle the cold. If this is correct, consider me interested too please.

if you do get more, please let me know! thanks.

Awesome fruit, best ever. Tastes like fake grape lollies, and it's fruit! The flavour doesn't handle storage so even if you buy them you'll never get them to taste as good as they do straight off the tree. I know it as jaboticaba, but hey spelling differs in common names

Have grown it to several years harvest in a very sheltered environment, mostly shade, in a region with several medium frosts a year. I get a large bowl of fruit off it every morning fruit's on- about 2-3 weeks once or twice a year- hell prolific.

The tree gets huge after a bit so not too close to your house. Another problem for me here was rats getting the fruit before I did, once that was solved it was all go, too close to the house to get birds as much of a pest as they would be if it were planted down the back

I just read they are pretty true to type when grown from seed, didn't know that, very cool

• Like 1

Yes please cactuscarl :lol: ,

If you get some more I would love to grow these.

Cheers

jox

Wow didn't think so many would be interested there are a few ripe fruit left but there is another flush coming so in a few weeks I'll get yous to pm me and I'll see if I can get you all sorted

@ darklight

yeah how nice is the fruit taste like Lychee cross custerd apple but even sweeter. Doesn't hold its flavour hey, I was wondering why I haven't seen it in shops.

• Like 1

Have heard you can chuck them in your freezer to store them...

have a small plant growing next to a davidsons plum, pretty sure there is a fair few cultivars out there aswell.

You can buy this tree from Daleys Fruit and Nut online store for about $17. I haven't purchased one because it won't suit my climate, so I don't know about quality.

Daley's is where I got mine, it's a bonza

Edited by Darklight

Hi ppl I've had to move house and in the move I've lost a bunch of seeds. I can't find any of these seed and lost a bunch of other seed if I track them down I'll post them to everyone who pm me but it was a pretty hectic move so I have no idea where they are

Wow how cool does that tree look, maybe if I knock down a shed I will have room hmmm.