The Corroboree
space cadet swami

Wanted - Diplopterys cabrerana seed. (chaliponga)

Looking for seed or cuttings to buy or trade of "Diplopterys cabrerana" (chaliponga).

^^ Would also be interested. Have some cacti n seeds to trade or $ if required!

u and every1 else I'd say..

Not aware of this one being in Oz in live form. I'd love to be wrong though.

• Like 1

take-a-number-dispenser.png
  • Like 7

Yes - rare as hens teeth - anyone got hens teeth?

No, sorry....can i interest you in a little bit of Rocking-Horse shit ?

• Like 3

^^ Sweet as, I'll use my unicorn tears on the rocking horse shit to grow some hens teeth... Would be easier than finding D.C. seed.

I haven't even managed to find it on an overseas site(s) for sale, just 50-100gms dried leaves. Any members here from Peru?

• Like 1

lol. rocking horse shit and unicorn tears makes hens teeth.. thank god! i been wondering what to do with them =) i too seek this plant. one day when im old and grey i feel it will turn up =P

*takes a ticket*

i will not try to get one through. mary mary, how does youre garden grow? with the help of others my dear LOL

I know of someone on another forum who was selling chaliponga seeds and I almost bought some off him 'til I discovered he lived in peru. I doubt they would have ever gotten through customs.

edit: coincidentally I think I just found him again through a post on this forum,

going by the username 'shamanic plants'

Edited by Pseudo Mexican

I know of someone on another forum who was selling chaliponga seeds and I almost bought some off him 'til I discovered he lived in peru. I doubt they would have ever gotten through customs.

1200 of them arrived for me.

When shamanic plants first offered chaliponga (Diplo cab seeds) he was led to believe thats what they were by local shamans in his area.

After much research & a lively discussion on another forum, it turns out those seeds were for Alicia anisopetala, which as it turns out, is much more desirable than Diplo cab.

I am 100% certain that the real identification is Alicia anisopetala, the plant that at one time we all thought was Diplopterys cabrerana because of the properties it has. This plant is known in my area by some shamans that I know and work with as "Black Ayahuasca" and is a plant that is considered to be very strong. This is not just me saying so; this is what people who know the plant say. One of these is also a botanist who makes his living by selling and exporting this vine as Black Ayahuasca. I must make clear that it is not just two or three people who say that this is Black Ayahuasca (Alicia anisopetala), but rather it is the great majority of those who know this plant in my city who say so.

hxxp://forums.ayahuasca.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=26779&start=105

Jumping in line as well... ^^^ Alicia anisopetala :lol:

A little bird tells me that Alicia is in the country and should be available soon. But if there is one thing growing plants will teach you is that patience is a vertue.

Edited by rahli
  • Like 3

I'm being patient too. Got anything yet Zelly? Pictures please!

• Like 1

A little bird tells me that Alicia is in the country and should be available soon. But if there is one thing growing plants will teach you is that patience is a vertue.

It is my understanding as well that these seeds successfully found their way to Oz and I would whole heartedly agree, that patience is a virtue, most especially when it comes to those seeds and this plant. Some seeds took up to a year to germinate.

http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/7275/ewc.mp4

The video was posted slightly more than a year ago, today the plants are well established but still relatively small compared to similar vining type plants.

• Like 1