The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
trucha

not entirely female

Question

Noticed on a cv. 'Grape Ape' growing in a friend's legal medical cannabis garden around a year ago.

post-900-0-93730300-1337373669_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

9 answers to this question

Hermies/The odd male flower are pretty common. Looks the goods though. I would be willing to pick out a few seeds to get some of that grape Trichome action. :bong::drool2:

• Like 1

Part hermi i would say also, quite common really. Sometimes your lucky and only get a few male parts, othertimes its the complete opposite.

Edited by Barnard

Most people seem to be trying to get rid of strains that have strong hermaphrodite tendencies - ie fairly normal for cannabis - largely due to lessening their need for consistent vigilance. I've always thought that strains that have such high tendencies (grape ape is not one of them) are also often the most interesting in character.

It was a bit too late in the season for it to make viable seeds but the grower certainly shared Bonchitis' opinion and would have taken that option if it was earlier.

If interested in a view of things around here that might diverge somewhat from the spin the media is trying to paint, visit craigslist and go to SF Bay area or in SF Bay area visit North Bay and in either one enter a search for any one or more of the following terms:

clones

medical

blue dream

white widow

Flaggers remove these ads daily since their presence is against craigslist policy.

if, there are only a few male flowers (1 to 3 on average on a whole plant), than this pollen will produce only female offspring.

those male flowers are very sought after, but rare.

offspring produced this way will not turn full on herm as some people believe.

all female cannabis seeds sell for 3 times the money, to normal seeds.

• Like 2

Lots of us certainly love and greatly value those 'feminized' seeds.

I thought this was a post about incognito at first.

• Like 5

SE Asian sativas that i see dont seem to herm in female plants like all them hybrids people be growing. its pretty safe and consistent, if you dont mind 3-5 month flowering times :)

I dont see why people dont also try to work pure sativas that dont herm at all (males still do sometimes) and just bring down size/flowering times. its just too easy buying a good indica nad cutting the gene pool. a pur estaiva that can finish in 10 weeks and stay small...no one dislikes a plant like that!

• Like 1

if, there are only a few male flowers (1 to 3 on average on a whole plant), than this pollen will produce only female offspring.

those male flowers are very sought after, but rare.

offspring produced this way will not turn full on herm as some people believe.

all female cannabis seeds sell for 3 times the money, to normal seeds.

i know of ppl who tried this and after two seasons of getting only herms they through away every seed and started again. They reckon one herm wrecked there entire 4th generation strain

some relavant very old info regarding this subject! :)post-70-0-80853700-1338263349_thumb.jpgpost-70-0-05643100-1338263425_thumb.jpgpost-70-0-55060200-1338263457_thumb.jpgpost-70-0-86279700-1338263489_thumb.jpg

SAM_1076_Converted.JPG

SAM_1077_Converted.JPG

SAM_1078_Converted.JPG

SAM_1079_Converted.JPG

SAM_1076_Converted.JPG

SAM_1077_Converted.JPG

SAM_1078_Converted.JPG

SAM_1079_Converted.JPG