#26 Bush Turkey

Bush Turkey

Shaman's Apprentice

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts
  • Climate or location:Dry/Hot

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:21 PM

i think it mainly needs to be done outside the triangle. We should want to get them away from the cops and the rural watch area. People in the triangle look for hippies to dob in.

i dont see the point of doing it in the triangle

doing patches in the triangle WILL get found buy other hunters.

out of the triangle no one is looking so they will not get found

Edit: can someone donate some melb's or tassie's

Edited by Bush Turkey, 11 April 2012 - 02:25 PM.

My name is Luca........... I live on the second floor

#27 Therefore

Therefore

∴ svarte gærninger ∴

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts
  • Climate or location:Shroomville, Subland

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:38 AM

^^ yeah, the area that is the initial target is not in the blue triangle. Also there is a member way out of the area who is doing good work in a place where the conditions are probably even better.
BT there is some melb subs in WA. Apparently they are ripping nicely.

Yes yes, talk of blue triangle but in fact all teh good work is being done outside that zone. heh heh heh
  • Bush Turkey likes this

#28 wizofoz

wizofoz

Day Tripper

• Members2
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Climate or location:Western australia

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:10 PM

I live in perth and will go to extreme lengths to get a spore print off someone in WA name ur price :)

#29 wizofoz

wizofoz

Day Tripper

• Members2
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:13 PM

Just curious when would be the best time to start hunting for shrooms in the blue triangle?

#30 Bush Turkey

Bush Turkey

Shaman's Apprentice

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:41 PM

do some research
  • Therefore and jwerta like this

#31 Therefore

Therefore

∴ svarte gærninger ∴

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts
  • Climate or location:Shroomville, Subland

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:52 PM

do some research

This site alone will give you excellent research on what your looking for. Honestly you won't believe some of the awesome information to be find here and elsewhere.

#32 nut

nut

Psychonaut

• Members2
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • Climate or location:wa

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:34 AM

Just curious when would be the best time to start hunting for shrooms in the blue triangle?

As BT said,also think about what this thread is saying.the "blue triangle" is hammered.the areas you will prob go will have more old red bull,beer bottles and bongs then anything else,then to make it more interesting for you,there is the VERY real risk of being jumped on by the law and given a real talking too,a car and person search....ALSO if jumpin a wire fence looks like a good idea,you best know the farmer,i know a few and apart from cattle getting somewhere they are not sposed to be nothing pisses em off more than randoms on their property,they all got radios in their utes and make games of it with their neighbors catching marron poachers and in the area you talking the trespassers with a serious interest in grasses and logs on their farm,not trying to be negative but there's a lot to think about doing what I think your planning to do......just thought I'd highlight some of the traps in what is a small area under a lota pressure and attention

Edited by nut, 11 May 2012 - 01:22 AM.

• jwerta likes this

#33 smidge

smidge

Day Tripper

• Members2
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Climate or location:Perth + Dwellingup

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:46 PM

Ha, I adore the idea of "mycological grenades"...visions of rebel military action, hijacking council systems with fungi bombs to prevent totalitarian control of minds and hearts. Sorta like guerilla gardening, but even sneakier and more fun.

Apart from increasing genetic diversity in the "blue triangle" is there any reason this can't happen somewhere else in WA?

#34 kramer

kramer

Day Tripper

• Members2
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Climate or location:Australia

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:41 PM

Count me in!
  • Therefore likes this

#35 wizofoz

wizofoz

Day Tripper

• Members2
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:35 PM

it has been researched but thats it no experience what so ever. no friends of friends even. but nothing teaches better than directly talking to the experienced, beez here,  no one likes to be the new kid, your either a bully / toffee nose or just had a bad day, regardless you wasted time to post that when you could have easily posted a decent answer or some of your old reading material ! help enlighten others don't keep it to your self  so  bush turkey is a strange nick name. do they actually exist? lemme guess research ?? :P ya feel me dawg? also im unique in my own right with unique abilities so what if you have to repeat your self its to a new soul!, im new to all this i read and read lots and lots we all do sometimes its nice to be spoon fed and have a conversation with another human being. sometimes i like my internet research to be validated by a 3rd party ya feel me?

on a brighter note is it true "mushie season" is nearly here? its nearly season am i right? i have no intention of entering someones property with out their knowledge im the type of person with the look and the schooling that i would not only be granted permission i will bring them a meal etc.. my uncles a farmer ffs in up north but trust me country folk are quality.

on a side note at a few of my local bush reserves around the south west i have noticed the council spraying a orange spray of  posion called "targa" i think and ;they spray it over all the fallen wood and mushroom grow sites, i asked the guy why and he said "to stop mushrooms from growing" i nearly punched him in his face, because there was not even 1 excuse even in his head to justify his actions, "DOING MY JOB MATE, no idea" so i didn't want to punch anymore after hearing that i felt sorry for him, devastating hey?

Just i heard rumors that some bush reserves you may get lucky and find a magic one well my old uni's mycology dudes would scour label and document every mushroom they found and there were reports of magics.(years ago) old research.

so trying my luck i rock up to the reserve with all my shit only to see some government pawn shitting over the whole bush. mother fucking what the fuck? how can they JUSTIFY poisoning and most of it is ranDOM poisoning assumed grow sites and other high risk areas, unless there is actually a mushroom visible which he showers with orange poison. :(

TARGA i was so upset at this knowledge. can anyone else offer opinion?

ONe LOVE

#36 Bush Turkey

Bush Turkey

Shaman's Apprentice

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:49 PM

it has been researched but thats it no experience what so ever. no friends of friends even. but nothing teaches better than directly talking to the experienced, beez here,  no one likes to be the new kid, your either a bully / toffee nose or just had a bad day, regardless you wasted time to post that when you could have easily posted a decent answer or some of your old reading material ! help enlighten others don't keep it to your self  so  bush turkey is a strange nick name. do they actually exist? lemme guess research ?? :P ya feel me dawg? also im unique in my own right with unique abilities so what if you have to repeat your self its to a new soul!, im new to all this i read and read lots and lots we all do sometimes its nice to be spoon fed and have a conversation with another human being. sometimes i like my internet research to be validated by a 3rd party ya feel me?

ONe LOVE

Are you serious? You obviously haven't done research if you don't even know when the season starts! I'm sick of people who want to be spoon fed info! And no I don't "feel you dawg". No ones gonna give info to some noob who could be the law. Every year we get questions like yours, in PM as well. It gets annoying. I'm telling you the same thing I was told UTFSE!

Yes I am in a bad mood. Just had to destroy my garden!

Edited by Bush Turkey, 23 May 2013 - 01:43 PM.

• Therefore, gilligan and wassonova like this

#37 wassonova

wassonova

Day Tripper

• Members2
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:stuff
  • Climate or location:WA

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:12 PM

Bush Turkey, what's that about having to destroy your garden? a myc garden?

#38 gerbil

gerbil

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,164 posts
  • Climate or location:Vic Cool NE dry forest

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:34 PM

on a side note at a few of my local bush reserves around the south west i have noticed the council spraying a orange spray of  posion called "targa" i think and ;they spray it over all the fallen wood and mushroom grow sites, i asked the guy why and he said "to stop mushrooms from growing" i nearly punched him in his face, because there was not even 1 excuse even in his head to justify his actions, "DOING MY JOB MATE, no idea" so i didn't want to punch anymore after hearing that i felt sorry for him, devastating hey?

so trying my luck i rock up to the reserve with all my shit only to see some government pawn shitting over the whole bush. mother fucking what the fuck? how can they JUSTIFY poisoning and most of it is ranDOM poisoning assumed grow sites and other high risk areas, unless there is actually a mushroom visible which he showers with orange poison. :(

TARGA i was so upset at this knowledge. can anyone else offer opinion?

Maybe it would be beneficial to talk to his supervisor or boss to find out exactly what they are targeting as 'mushrooms' is a bit vague as some of the shit kickers aren't the brightest and can generalise work purposes or possibly can't be arsed communicating whether bright or not. If the worker, supervisor or boss don't know or don't wish to communicate, ask for the contact details of who they are doing the work for, or use initiative and contact the local environmental works sector of the local council, the catchment management authority or equivalent or whoever the works may potentially be being done for: could be councils, various environmental/water/parks authorities etc.

It sounds likely that they are targeting Phytophthora with the use of Targa, as Phytophtora is a significant risk for the plants of the South West, and Targa has shown use as a control method for some Phytophthora species as far as i'm aware.

W.A, especially the south west, does have various social and or environmental issues regarding actives and people. I'm not overly familiar with Targa, nor it's impact on various fungal species, and the possibility is there that it may be being used to minimise or deter people chasing active species, though like most cases of 'council targeting actives' hysteria, if that is potentially what you are inferring, i'd say it possibly could be mis-interpreted and it is Phytophthora control.

#39 nut

nut

Psychonaut

• Members2
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • Climate or location:wa

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:34 PM

Don't tell nobody nuffin BT !! And what have you done to your garden!!!!