The Corroboree
tipz

Unable to upload to gallery

I just attempted to upload a number of shots into the cacti album.

Upon uploading, tagging, and writing descriptions, I reviewed and then hit publish.

I then recieved a message stating that i do not have permission to use this feature

[#1-gallery-review-process-5] Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

I was logged in and cant think why this may have occured.

This is the first time i have attempted to upload some pics to the gallery.

Any ideas ?

Edited by tipz

touche' ET ( all files were well under the limit though )

I shall begin to search the ferkin search engine now. ( i should know better by now :P )

Edited by tipz

I could be wrong... but I think you'd have to create your own album in your gallery and upload there

i have the same problem.

i'm too old to click around too much, i used to have no problems uploading in the past.

my pic uploade alright in my thread, but refuses to upload in the gallery....

i have the same problem.

i'm too old to click around too much, i used to have no problems uploading in the past.

my pic uploade alright in my thread, but refuses to upload in the gallery....

Well I have the opposite I can upload to the gallery but the dialogue box for uploading to the thread is missing the bottom half.

It's most annoying, I can't even close the box and have to close the tab and reopen it to move on.

I don't know anything about the gallery as I don't use it, but the upload function in the posts works fine. Is your browser current? java enabled? etc.

are you using anything that might cause limitations, such as mobile device, odd/old browsers, security settings, etc?

bottom half?

the new uploader is quite small. which part of the text below can't you see? also, have you tried the basic uploader?

Attach Files

Chose Files Used 23.98MB of your 97.66MB global upload quota (Max. single file size: 2MB)

Trouble uploading? Try our basic uploader

Here's a test. I believe I was at fault. Human error usually is, so I'm not surprised.

I'm now using full editor and attaching the file at the bottom, bit like an email.

--edit--

Thanks Torsten I think I was clicking on my media library and for some reason the dialogue screen was too big for mine. It seems to have cleared up now, I can't replicate what I was doing. I found the attach files function on the full editor I was being lazy and using the quick post function.

Unknown Epiphyllum

The one above is in the gallery attached using the My Media button.

The one below is an attached file from my hard drive.

post-4660-0-21628300-1328034152_thumb.jp

post-4660-0-21628300-1328034152_thumb.jpg

post-4660-0-21628300-1328034152_thumb.jpg

Edited by whitewind
  • Like 1

When you set up your own album, there is a box which has a default of 'temporary directory for root' or somesuch for the parent directory for the album.

Change it so that your album ends up in another directory, I just put mine under Propagation and Cultivation

Once I'd done that everything worked fine.

Hope that setting doesn't mean we get random personal galleries scattered everywhere- if so this could be an admin issue

Change it so that your album ends up in another directory, I just put mine under Propagation and Cultivation

Why would you do that if there is a gallery specifically named and intended for members albums? :scratchhead: [i guess your pics are all propagation anyway :P]

Go to gallery via the tab at top

Click the upload button on the right

where it asks to select an album to put the image into simply select 'new album' if you don't have one yet.

In the pop up screen put the album name you want to create, then select 'members albums' as the parent album and leave the rest as it is.

Upload the image and then click publish.

If you do not select 'members album' as the parent album then you will get an error because the original set up was designed so that all members albums had to be in this album - which is intuitive and logical. Obviously someone has found a way around this and now member albums are scattered all over the place and will become very difficult to manage in the future.

i guess your pics are all propagation anyway

That'd be it then :)