The Corroboree
incognito

Buying a bong

Well I've decided on buying a newy. Has anyone here bought one online? Can u recommend a company that will ship to nsw? How about recommendations for type/styles? I've budgeted around two hundred. Help a brother out!

i see you've put up to $200, so this is within the range, and no it's not a bong, but it's seriously the best thing i've ever used, and cant imagine a better product.

http://www.vaporgenie.com/Glass.html

the sherlock glass vg is worth the price, it's pleasant to use and watch the vapor spiral through, and it is extremely efficient.

open1500x1000jpg.jpg

• Like 2

I'd recommend getting a simple sorta roor or ehle bong and a few nice glass conepeices. I bought a weedstar bong and regret it a bit.

My preference is pure glass, no other matter at all in the bong so nothing can flavour the smoke and it can be cleaned to perfection with a bit of metho and some rice. The only compromise I make with my bong is sometimes I use a carbon filter with activated charcoal in it. The Roor conepeices will need a glass mine/star though because the hole is ridiculously big.

I bought mine and a bunch of other things from everyonedoesit dot co dot uk, their range has been pretty shitty lately though, they advertise lots but have no stock of most items.

If you're gonna buy a glass bong i'd recommend you check out youtube videos and google it for posts on forums talking about it.

I bought a Weed Star Elevator bong and it wasn't what I thought it would be at all lol. It's good but I wish i paid more for a better company.

Edited by Distracted

These guys ship to NSW (or did 12 months ago) but they are expensive. Be sure to check out their 'Pourers" too :wink:

http://www.offyatree.com.au/shop/category63_1.htm

Dont know about your locale, but many tobacconisist in Sydney have a selection in their "secret cupboard". Just be sure to ask when there's no-one else in the shop, or they may deny your request to look at their wares. I got a lovely heavy duty Agung pyrex from a tobacconist in Newtown for $35 a few weeks ago.

This bad boy was the bomb I miss him :(

weed_star_mr_li_f.jpg

The diffuser, ice notches and thick as fuck glass made it perfect :)

http://www.everyoned...iProductID=4361

Dealt with these guys a handful of times a few years ago were very good. They do some good flavourings to :) they are based overseas though I had to wait 2 months for a package once.

:edit: didn't see ya post there distracted I've noticed they have hardly anything in stock to :( bummer! I loved looking at the $1000+ Billy's and dreaming about having one lol

Edited by Jonstn

i see you've put up to $200, so this is within the range, and no it's not a bong, but it's seriously the best thing i've ever used, and cant imagine a better product.

http://www.vaporgenie.com/Glass.html

the sherlock glass vg is worth the price, it's pleasant to use and watch the vapor spiral through, and it is extremely efficient.

+1 for the GVG!

It can also be modified to vaporise other Spicy material very effectively.

• Like 1

+1 for the GVG!

It can also be modified to vaporise other Spicy material very effectively.

i know right, it's seriously the best product out there.

by the way, including postage it's $129 i think, and you'll get it within 5 working days or something, they're very quick.

why waste money on something inferior?

Wow the one Jonstn posted looks sick!

But having tried all methods, I'd seriously go for a vape over a billy. Tends to make it go further.

• Like 1

Jonson I love that bong! Vaporizers aren't for me. U just don't get that hit. To bad they r sold out or else I would buy one. I'll email them and find out if they will be back in stock.

Edited by incognito

No worries mate glad to share it Mr Li was my best friend for ages lol

My mate just did a order off an Australian based site that looks quite similar to the Mr Li I posted earlier, once it arrives I'll take some pics and flare the website up here :wink:

But yeah I'd email everyonedoesit see if they'll be getting it in soon, it's such a nice smoke especially on hot summer days when it's packed with ice cubes :)

Jonson I love that bong! Vaporizers aren't for me. U just don't get that hit. To bad they r sold out or else I would buy one. I'll email them and find out if they will be back in stock.

that's fair enough, my first vape was a lot like that, no hit like with a bong, but this the glass vaporgenie, it's a lot more similar to combustion, just without the combustion.

some more positives, it smells nice, and it certainly wont smell out your room if you do it inside with the windows closed, it is a lot less harsh on the throat, tastes nices, no smoke smell, no smelly bong/bong water smell, easier to clean, more efficient than smoking methods, meaning you'll save money.

i'm very passionate about it...

• Like 1

i read somewhere aages ago that with a bong the lighter burns it at too much of a higher temp and you lose chemicals and some vaporisers burn at 60 something degrees wich is the ideal temp? (I think they were those electronic ones? ive never used a vap)

*dont quote me hahaha

Chef

i read somewhere aages ago that with a bong the lighter burns it at too much of a higher temp and you lose chemicals and some vaporisers burn at 60 something degrees wich is the ideal temp? (I think they were those electronic ones? ive never used a vap)

*dont quote me hahaha

Chef

i think the ideal is more like 170-210 degrees Celsius, and yes vaping is ideal for getting the right temp.

also, using flint lighters is bad for your health.

lol i said dont quote me, i knew i had something wrong (temp)

http://thebestvapori...rature-for.html

"The best vaporizer temperature for marijuana/thc vaporization is approximately 365°F (185°C), but is better thought of as a range between 355°-385°F (180°-195°C)."

"Studies have shown that once you reach 392°F (200°C) some toxins may begin releasing into the vapor, and you'll probably start to get an unpleasant taste from your herbs, so it is recommended to refrain from raising your vaporizer's temp past that point."

Edited by chnt

very clever you are :)

well there ya go. Duely noted

Chef

You know Danny from parties??? Part of the village crew and he's on your FB.

Ask him... he was talking about something to with trying to organise wholesale billies at psyfari last year (dunno if came to fruition but he could no doubt help with good value knowing the type of guy he is, and the one he showed me was bullshit good quality. Nicely designed and well thick glass. Would be the type of one I'd go for if I needed a new one.

Edited by -=IndigoSunrise=-

Made my mind up I want a mr.li. As thorpey says its "fully sick"

• Like 1

Damn, I have always been drawn towards the design of a ROOR, from looking at photos only, haven't seen or used one. So it's cool that someone in Oz is selling a range of them. A bit expensive though, when my new $35 pyrex does the same job. One day... one day...

I have always been reticent to purchase a bong from overseas and have it shipped here, because as far as I was aware, bongs are illegal in NSW, and have been for many years. Shipping from interstate is (for me) a safe option, but I wouldnt risk it from o/s.

In saying that, might this thread be at risk of contravening the recent strong re-iteration of rules concerning the discussion of illegal activities ? The OP clearly states a location of NSW as the shipping destination and his clear intention to purchase a bong. If in fact bongs are illegal in NSW, this thread expresses intent to import a prohibited product, and intent to possess an illegal product.

vapourisers are legal as far as i'm aware.

all signs are pointing to glass vaporgenie!!!

Edited by chnt

vapourisers are legal as far as i'm aware.

all signs are pointing to glass vaporgenie!!!

Maybe vapes are legal. I see no reason why not. I bought a SHITHOUSE vape a while ago from a Hong Kong E-Bay power seller. One of those jobbies in an aluminuim case, ceramic element and temp controls (digital) on the front face, and a fan at the back. Hunk of junk never worked properly, and I read many review on brand name rebadged other ones (dur, after I bought mine), and theyre just a shit design. Went in the bin. I should have used the $80 I paid to forcefully snort powdered tobacco, then roll a fattie with the notes.

But I digress. All signs arent pointing to the vaporgenie - the OP says in post #20

Made my mind up I want a mr.li. As thorpey says its "fully sick"

In this thread, the signs are pointing towards the Mr. Li exquisite bong.

I wonder how hard it is to keep clean ?

And whats the go with metho & rice to clean a glassie? I always soak mine in acetone, but that's not ideal for various reasons.

i'm trying to influence the jury here, you're supposed to agree with me...

i clean my glass vg with acetone, it's like brand new afterwards, but it doesn't really get dirty anyway, far superior to a bong in every way.

^^hence all signs point to glass vaporgenie