The Corroboree
Bush Turkey

Meet up: Perth

3rd Sunday each month sounds great

if you do decide on a location can you please make sure it has public transport near it as I don't have a car lol unless someone wants to give me a lift? xD

yeah thats what im looking for :) Last yeah we had a meet within walking distance from a train station. Just trying to find another spot like that that is central.

Sundays sounds awesome, how about the parks around Burswood?

i think ive found a spot. Was cosidering burswood but its a bit seedy :P What do you guys think of south perth foreshore about 300m from the ferry terminal. The western end of sir james mitchell park? There is shade, close parking and public transport access.

feedback???

• Like 1

na, its about 900m west of coode st jetty. The western side of sir james mithchell park

South Perth is good. You're right about Burswood being too seedy.

Suits

yeah these are gonna be more of a catchup.The meet in oxy's thread is gonna be more of a trade day id say

i'd prefer the other end of the foreshore, like around where the bunnings is on canning hwy/berwick st, there is always heaps of parking behind there.

i will settle for the other side though.

is there any grassed shady areas over that side? Might be a bit crowded though

there's a fair few trees surrounded by grass that side, but i'm not too sure on benches, so if there's like a pagola thing on the other side that might be a plus for the other side, there's definitely lots of trees though, i'm not sure how busy it gets, when ever i go there it's pretty good, a few people walking their dogs or jogging, that's about it.

Have a look at the end of Hurlingham road there is a small carpark also the next road that runs down to the river near the fisheries department (I think its still there)

Cheers

Got

im keen :-) not worried where it is.

i'm in, jwerta if you are NOR i can grab you on the way down, or anyone else if they need a lift. does that mean we are aiming for the 15th?

Likewise with me, I am happy to pick up anyone SOR that doesnt live too far away from the Kwinana Freeway. I can pick anyone up that lives within 5/10 minutes from the freeway between Rockingham and Perth City. Quite keen on a meet/trade day! Even if it was the 3rd sunday of every season, that would still be 4 times a year that we have a meet. I look forward to this meet, it's long overdue thats for sure! :)

All sounds good to me.. like others I will only be able to make it along once in a while, but definitely looking forward to meeting some more Perth peeps.

Didn't think of Burswood as seedy, as I've never been to the station and only been to the part along the river where it was all familes and people chilling, but I just remembered my brother got mugged at Burswood train station so that seems to confirm the seediness angle!

yeah ive been mugged twice in Burswood, its full of junkie crack heads. Oxy doesnt seem to be online much. The people who are FIFO are not getting back to me so i might just have to call a date and see how it goes. Should we make the first monthly meet a trade/sell day? Instead of having a trade day as well? Im not getting much feedback so im just going to set a place and time and if its no good we will move it. What yas think???

Alright the first one will be.....

15-1-12, from 2pm at South perth foresure about 300m east of the ferry terminal

so what does everyone think???

Would love to attend, but i wont be in the country on that date.

Will try to make the next one.

ok cool sounds good. like i said anyone NOR pm me if you need a lift, can take +4

sounds good ill be there :-)