The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Marcel

Favourite Ikaro/Icaro recordings

Howdy.

I have a CD called Ayahuasca Songs From The Peruvian Amazon, by Luis Panduro Vasquez. I love it. It's pure transcendental magic when I have it accompany my meditation sessions. I feel like, even through a recording, that man can see into my soul and take me where I need to go.

There are so many Icaro recordings out there; what do you guys like, and what do you recommend?

I only have the one album (can't remember where I bought it) "Yage Pinta! Psychedelic Shaman Songs" by Santiago Mutumbajoy. Pretty transcendental!

can you guys upload them to share? I'm sure the icaro won't mind? or is it illegal? - depends how old it is?

• Like 1

What would be the best recommendation to send one music file withoutjoining some website? I've only ever done files through yousendit.

it would be a good idea to be able to upload songs and the like to the SAB forum gallery. I'm sure it wouldn't take too much work.....and so many people here are writing their own music, and then there's shaman music like this.....why should the gallery be restricted to the sense of vision?

What would be the best recommendation to send one music file withoutjoining some website? I've only ever done files through yousendit.

There probably are many options but megaupload is free and you dont need to join

OK I'll do that. Some time over the weekend :)

Oh no! Fancy! I already found it! I wish I had read this earlier today and saved you the uploading. Here it is in one link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1F0M813C

Also, if you guys are looking for CDs to download, here's one of the best tricks of the web.

1) Go to Google

2) Do a search through blogspot sites only, ie: type the following: site:blogspot.com [and the add the name of the CD and artist]. EG: site:blogspot.com "Yage Pinta! Psychedelic Shaman Songs" by Santiago Mutumbajoy

3) Click through the options, looking for viable megaupload/rapidshare/hotfile/etc links. With practice you'll learn little tricks to make the searches more effective, like adding the word "mbps" in the search, or the year of the CD's release.

With the exception of one or two recordings, I've found everything I ever wanted this way.

By the way, that Yage Pinta recording is great! Thanks for the tip! I love how he seems to be vomiting up his lungs at one point. Adds to the authenticity!

ahh cheers Marcel :) Better late to know than never!