The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Slybacon

1kW Grid feed Solar System $1990

We have a limited number of 1kW Grid Feed Solar Power Systems fully installed for $1999 inc GST.

6 x Solar-E 195W Solar Panels

1 x SMA1100 Grid Inverter

1 x Mounting System for North Facing Tin Roof

solarpoweraustralia.com.au

Hey, I'd PM you these questions but others may benefit from the responses too so I'll post them here:

Is the nsw feed-in-tariff still in place?

If not, do the electricity companies still buy-back your power but at a lesser rate than the gov't guaranteed rate?

For the system described above, are there any other cost like organising the grid feed in etc? How long does organising that take?

If I have a north facing tile roof, how does that affect the price?

If I have a north facing tile roof but will have to mount the panels into 2 lots of 3 becuase my solar hot water is smack-bang in the middle, how will that affect the cost?

Thank you

Hey, I'd PM you these questions but others may benefit from the responses too so I'll post them here:

Is the nsw feed-in-tariff still in place?

No, There is no Govt Assited FIT in NSW currently. There is talk of one coming in July 2012, but there is no details yet. IIn the current set up the optimal way to take advantage of solar is via a "NET" meter not a "Gross" meter. So long as you use the power as you generate it, you effectively reduce your bill at a 1:1 rate. In NSW the you times the system size by 4 to work out an average over 365 days how many kWh per day your system will produce. So for a 1kW system you would procuce effectively 4kWh per day. So as long as you used those kW and didn't export them to the grid, you will offset your bill by the corrosponding tarrif you pay for the slot you produced the power in.

If not, do the electricity companies still buy-back your power but at a lesser rate than the gov't guaranteed rate?

Yes. THe electricity companies buy back your power. Each company at different rates. The highest being 20c and the lowest being 6c per kWH, again you are far better on NET and not exporting, unless you are paying less there the rates above for your power.

For the system described above, are there any other cost like organising the grid feed in etc? How long does organising that take?

These systems are all Inclusive

System

Installation

Liason with Power comapany

Metering

Commissioning

Pay $2000 and be connected. Wait time is max 3 weeks at the current install rate. If you were to get in early could happen quicker. We do not do site inspections prior for a small job like this. Its a google earth check , questions and photos if needed. Then we just do a works contract and make a date apon deposit of 10% .

If I have a north facing tile roof, how does that affect the price?

About $200 for tile brackets and installation costs.

If I have a north facing tile roof but will have to mount the panels into 2 lots of 3 becuase my solar hot water is smack-bang in the middle, how will

Maybe, but only a small amount. In this case we would ask for photos and measurements and if we thought it would take more time installing we would allow for the costs upfront. Roughly $70 per hour per person. About 2 people for this size sytem and it goes up n no time.

Awesome, thanks for the info mate.

In terms of the NET metering, i assume the power you generate has to be used in real time? As in while the sun is out, while we're at work and not home?

I guess 1kW system is very small (well, the smallest you can get really) but I don't know if our baseload power would be that much, will have to do some sums. We have solar hot water so the biggest cost is active cooling for us (we have gas for heating) which happens between 5 and 10 pm in summer.

Either way, it's still a priority that we get solar power soon. I can't see how you could talk yourself out of it really. If there's one thing I think we know for sure, it's that electricity isn't going to get any cheaper (at least not in the next few decades until if/when the time comes when renewable energy begins to dominate and all that capital expenditure of renewable infrastructure starts being paid off. If/when...).

cheers

Edited by Alice