The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Evil Genius

Vaporizer Temps for Herbs

Hi,

this is a list i discovered in a book regarding vapos. I´ll list the herbs and the recommended temperature stated in this book. I don´t know if they are 100 % acurate but as the author is a very experienced person, i´m sure the temps are a very good indicator for the optimal temperature.without guarantee! Maybe we can use this thread to enclude other herbs in this list.

Inula Helenium - up to 130°C

withania somnifera - up to 190°C

valeriana officinalis - up to 235°C

ocimum basilicum - up to 130°C

turnera diffusa - up to 190°C

verbena officinalis - up to 130°C

eucalyptus globulus - up to 130°C

ginko biloba - up to 130°C

panax ginseng - up to 190°C

paullina cuppana - 190°C

cannabis sativa - up to 210°C

humulus lupulus - up to 130°C

zingiber officinale - up to 130°C

hypericum perforatum - up to 190°C

matriarca chamomilla - up to 190°C

piper methysticum - up to 190°C

curcuma longa - up to 150°C

tilia cordata - up to 130°C

lobelia inflata - 130°C

lavandula angustifolia - up to 130°C

ephedra sinica - up to 190°C

melissa officinalis - up to 130°C

salvia sclarea - up to 130°C

syzigium or carophyllum aromaticum - up to 130°C

petroselinum crispum - up to 235°C

mentha piperita - up to 130°C

aspidosperma quebracho-blanco - up to 190°C

rosmarinus officinalis - up to 130°C

salvia officinalis - up to 190 °C

achillea mille - up to 190°C

rauwolfia serpentina - up to 130°C

echinacea angustifolia - up to 130°C

argemona mexicana - up to 190 ° C

peganum harmala - up to 190°C

ledum palustre - up to 190°C

camelia sinensis or thea nigra - up to 190°C

harpagophytum procumbens - up to 190°C

calea zacatechichi - up to 130°C

thymius vulgaris - up to 190°C

galium odoratum - up to 130°C

salix alba - up to 235°C

crataegus monogyna - up to 190°C

lactuca virosa - up to 130°C

agar - up to 130°C

michelia campaca - up to 130°C

alpinia galanga - up to 190°C

curcuma longo - up to 150°C

commiphora mukul - up to 190°C

carthamus tinctorius - up to 130°C

santalum album - up to 190°C

I heard that the temp for salvia divinorum is about 230°C.

• Like 1

Why don't you tell us what book it was from? :)

No bad intensions :)

It´s a german book: Phyto-Inhalation

Bert Marco Schuldes and Richi Moscher.

Der Grüne Zweig 218

I think it´s still available.

Bert Marco Schuldes was the publisher of the early german version of the entheogen review.

[ 02. August 2005, 13:18: Message edited by: Evil Genius ]

In the Oaksterdam (i.e; Oakland, Ca.) area it is widely held that the proper temperature for vaporizing cannabis is around 360-390 degrees farenheit.

Any higher and you get a lot of smoke, which indicates combustion.

Paper (as many of the classic science fiction buffs can tell you) ignites at around Farenheit 451, not terribly far from the 210 C. listed in the German book.

It would seem that the top figure listed ('...up to...') may be the ignition point for some of these herbs, although some of the temperatures are quite low, which may eliminate that likelihood for those herbs.

Vaporization temperature should depend on the volatility, heat sensitivity and flammability of the vaporized essences.

Has anyone considered condensing and concentrating these vapors?

Perhaps they could be repeatedly bubbled through a (non-polar?) solvent which would then be removed?

They could then perhaps be re-vaporized at one's convenience in a simple device of one's own design.

A little should go a long way, one might think.

It shouldn't be that hard, given the right equipment. Just a thought, mind you.

Just a thought.

I certainly wouldn't want anyone breaking the law.

[ 03. August 2005, 17:10: Message edited by: friendly ]

Someone i know keeps the tempereature at 210°C. This Temperature has proven to be the most successful. But it´s depending on the humidity of the ganja. Fresh and wet Ganja needs higher Temperatures than dry ganja. He vaporizes Hash at 228° C because he made no good experiences with temperatures below. The more humid the ganja is, the longer you can vaporize. A vaporizer also a great tool to test the quality of the ganja.

kick ass info for those how own vaporisers! :D

Can't believe I missed this thread the first time round. Excellent information. Bert Marco Schuldes was who got me interested in kratom so many years ago B)

Anyone know of a good manual on constructing a low-cost vapouriser (ie driven by an element, not a test tube and a butane lighter :))? I love the concept, but the only one I'm keen on is the Volcano over at SA's Freewheelin' for a cool $1k.

The ephedra's an interesting reference, wonder how much dried leaf one would need for a significant 'pick-me-up', and also whether the nevadensis would vap. at similar temps ?

While it's a good guide, it would be handy to know how dry the material is that each temp refers to.... I'de imagine completely dry would be the most accurate (although maybe not the most effective to vap.) way of making a standard reference betwixt 'erbs

This is a Pictured Manual how to make a smoke bubble to vaporize. I also had one manual how to build a vapo using a heater you can buy in the DIY Store for 50 $. I´ll have to look. Do a search on google pic for vaporizer. Most of the matches are selfmade ones!

These are some suitable ones.Prices are not up to date:

Steinel HL 2002 LE (DM 139.- bis DM 189.-)

Bosch PHG 600-E (DM 89.- bis DM 149.-)

Conrad Hotstrip NEG3A (DM 59.-)

An essential Problem is the missing Temperature Control. You can´t breath air that is too hot without damaging your lungs so i would´nt buy a Heating Pistol that has no limiter!

http://kiffer-forum.com/showpost.php?p=135047&postcount=1

http://www.apollyon.nl/vaporizer%20headshop%20apollyon.JPG

http://www.netkiffer.de/images/vapofaq.gif

Something german. Maybe you can translate it in a automatic Translator:

Gebläse-Vaporizer

Die z.Zt. wohl noch populärste, weil günstigste (?) Methode, einen Vaporizer zu betreiben, ist wohl die Kombination von Blubber und Heißluftgebläse. Dies war auch die Technik meiner Wahl, auf die ich an dieser Stelle genauer eingehen werde.

Damals gab es drei Heißluftgebläse auf dem deutschen Markt, die sich zum Vaporisieren eigneten. Der Rolls Royce unter den Gebläsen war das Modell HL 2002 LE von Steinel, dem Pionier im Heißluftgebläsebereich (140 bis 160,- Mark). Ich benutzte ein Gebläse von Bosch, das PHG 630-2 LCE (120 bis 160,- Mark). Bei beiden ist die Temperatur stufenlos und die Luftmenge in mehreren Stufen regelbar und beide verfügen über eine Reihe von Leuchtdioden zur Temperaturanzeige. Für etwa 60,- Mark gab es bei Conrad Electronic ein Gebläse ohne Temperaturanzeige, hier wäre experimentieren angesagt (oder ein passendes Digital-Thermometer, das man bei Conrad Electronic für etwa 80,- Mark bekommen konnte).

Die Wunschtemperatur für das Verdampfen von THC aus Gras oder Hasch liegt im Bereich zwischen 180° und 200° Celsius, wobei der Rauchstein etwas höhere Temperaturen erfordert als das Rauchkraut, aber das kriegt man beim Experimentieren schnell heraus. Man hat die richtige Temperatur erwischt, solange man durch den Dampf, der sich in der Blubber sammelt, durchsehen kann. Wenn man Gras dampft, bleiben als Abfallprodukt geröstet riechende Pflanzenteile zurück, deren Farbe etwas bräunlicher ist als vor dem Dampfen. Wird die Temperatur zu hoch, beginnt das Material zu kokeln und zu rauchen.

Da die Gebläse relativ stumpfe, breite Nasen haben, empfiehlt sich die Verwendung eines Reduzierstücks (die gibt es im Handel für zehn bis zwanzig Mark). Mit der damit auf 15 oder 20 mm verschmälerten Spitze paßt die Pistole einigermaßen auf einen handelsüblichen zylindrischen Einsatz; wer einen Glasbläser kennt, sollte sich einen genau passenden Einsatz mit einem besonders langen Kopf anfertigen lassen (hier haben sich 8-10 cm bewährt).

Abgesehen vom Heißluftgebläse und dem speziellen Einsatz handelt es sich bei einem Vaporizer um eine ganz gewöhnliche Blubber. Man braucht also noch ein Gefäß mit Kickloch und ein Rohr oder einen Schlauch zum Ziehen. Der Bequemlichkeit halber habe ich mich für eine Punica-Pipe entschieden - eigentlich heißen die Teile in den Head-Shops Granini-Pipes und bestehen aus einem Korken mit drei Löchern, einem Einsatz, einem kurzen Glasröhrchen als Kickloch und einem dicken Saugrohr; das ganze wird dann auf eine 0,5l-Granini- oder eine 0,75l-Punica-Flasche aufgesetzt und wenn die Flasche dann irgendwann mal versifft ist, landet sie im Recycling (Granini) oder bei den Pfandflaschen (Punica).

Die Heißluftgebläse von Bosch und Steinel haben einen Schalter, mit dem sich eine Kaltfönstufe und zwei Heißluftstufen (mit 300 bzw. 500 l/min) einstellen lassen. Eagle Bill, der inzwischen legendäre Vaporizer-Pionier, verwendet für seinen Gebläse-Vaporizer eine großvolumige Ballonflasche. Das scheint manchen zu dem Glauben zu verleiten, daß die Ballonflasche Voraussetzung für das Betreiben eines Gebläse-Vaporizers ist. Wer will sich schon 300 l/min direkt in die Lungen blasen lassen?

In der Praxis zeigt sich jedoch, daß diese Luftmenge nur erreicht wird, wenn der Fön irgendwo in die Pampa gerichtet wird. Sobald man ihn (nach kurzem Vorheizen) in den Kopf des Einsatzes steckt, reduziert sich die bewegte Luftmenge durch den Rückstau auf durchaus lungenfreundliche Werte (schätzungsweise etwa 2 bis 5% des Nennwertes, also 6 bis 15 l/min).

Auf der unteren Heißluftstufe verhält sich der Vaporizer wie eine normale Blubber, man muß aktiv ziehen. Auf der leistungsstärkeren Stufe mutiert er plötzlich zu einer Kreuzung aus einer Blubber und einem Shotgun (bzw. einer Elektropipe) - der Dampfende schließt die Lippen um das Rohr oder den Schlauch und läßt sich einen blasen.

Does anyone know the correct temperature for Tabernanthe Iboga?

i see that michelia campaca on the list, has it any uses or is the temp for perfume

Edited by spudamore

sceletium anybody?

But how do you get your vaporizer to the proper temps? Do you use a thermometer and how accurate would that be? I'm not paying a grand for a volcano but i do have a heat gun. Seems like that aught to work. Maybe just do it by eye and heat it until vapors come off?

Re: Iboga, after some experimentation...

Using the Volcano vaporizer (analogue model) turn that sucker all the way up to 9 (225-230 degrees celsius) is the way to go. Even then, the "mist" factor is fairly low...unlike a certain other herb, which at this level would be like having a thick cloud in your vape bag.