The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
apothecary

Brugmansia/Cannabis/Lotus

Some completely random guy (or girl?) just messaged me on IRC and said he (or she?) was about to try a mix of brug cannabis and lotus.

Updates when he or she comes back I guess!

thats the wierdest thing ive heard of yet. maybe ur there idol and they want the ok and praise from you

thats it apoth, you rock my world!

brug bad bad bad bad + lotus

bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad

in my opinion anyway

Brug & Cannabis would be the same as Cannabis and Datura, which is the authentic Bidhi cigarette in India. The Yogis used to smoke this mix as well for ther spiritual development. I think it is an excellent mix when done right.

The Lotus is a wild card int here, but on a hunch I would say it probably would work well if you enjoy the extra sedation. It may well take off some of the paranoid edge the initial combo may cause.

So the random went offline, but before they left they said this:

It was pretty cool.

The 3 mixed together to produce a stoned "fluid" feeling, with a distinct feeling of melting out of my ears, although that was most definitely as the same senastion was felt yesterday smoking nothing but cannabis.

One thing I noticed was that the pipe stayed lit very nicely, I could sit an puff on it like a tobacco pipe.

This mix will definitely be my norm from now on.

horray for more sensible tropane use :)

You know T, I'm beginning to feel that Brugmansia isn't exactly synonomous with Datura when smoked, or heck even when in tea.

Can I get some tips for the person if they ever come back?

Should the whole lotus flower be used? The person said they only used the distinctly purple bits of the petals, is the entire flower active, or just the petals?

The last thing they said to me was that while it was a good experience, it was nowhere near what was described in the erowid experience. They distinctly want to reach that level. Any recommendations on how to get there?

quote:

the erowid experience. They distinctly want to reach that level. Any recommendations on how to get there?

Smoke it while hiding in the cupboard? :P

That worked for the author of the experience report! :D

I've been really enjoying the brug/weed combo lately. Although I've noticed recently that if I have a cone of weed by itself I feel that theres something missing... Its quite more-ish, once my dried brug runs out I have to resist the temptation to pick more straight away, since I am wary of using brug too much, it feels quite heavy on the system. Anyone know of any bad side effects from long term brug/tropane usage, I'm sure there must be some.

Also when I have a break from the brug for a while then start smoking it again, I get a better effect on the second day, I assume because of a cumulative affect of the tropane alkaloids.

re. brug vs datura: I've never tried datura, but I seem to recall reading that brug has much less atropine than datura, which if true would be a pretty significant difference.

space_trucker, I'm falling in love with smoking brug too.

The best bit is, it's legal!

I'm slowly garnering experience on the issue, and I think I already mentioned this in another thread, that if you pick Brugmansia leaves and flowers while still young, they seem to have less alkaloid content.

I don't want to condone any rash behaviour when it comes to tropanes, but generally with younger leaves/flowers I've found I can smoke with impunity and not worry about adverse effects. After several cones (8? 9? 10?) in a single sitting I've seen no hallucinations, lit no fake cigarettes and felt nothing more than a nice fluid stone and some cottonmouth.

I think it'd be nice to develop a strain of Brugmansia that was low in tropanes so could be used as a nice smoking material.

what was i on? sounds like i should reconsider my previous opinion as i may be missing somthing. more experiences please?

each brug and datura species has slightly different alkaloid profiles. some daturas actually contain mostly meteloidine and bugger all atropine.

The brugs that are low in atropine have plenty of hyoscyamine, which is actually a stereo isomer of atropine, so the original statement isn't quite correct. It is important to cite species, strains and plant parts, as well as the climate they were grown in and the tme of year harvested if we wanted to be really systematic about it. However, in general, if done right these combos are pleasant and not particularly risky in the hands of competent folks.

as for the lily, I am pretty sure most of the activity is in the sexual parts of the plant, eg he stamen and ovaries. the petals are nice too, but I don't think they are the strongest part. we now use the whole flower head ground into a fine powder and find this the most reliable method of ingestion.

herbalistics sell a lotus extract, on stamens.

That works quite well, but is the only form of lotus I've tried. So, I can't compare.

It's just a bag of stamens. Looks kinda funny.

Kinda creepy too if you think of it as a bag of sexual organs.

Originally posted by Benzito:

It's just a bag of stamens. Looks kinda funny.

Kinda creepy too if you think of it as a bag of sexual organs.

Gives a whole new meaning to the term 'tripping balls' :D :P :D

Torsten:

as for the lily, I am pretty sure most of the activity is in the sexual parts of the plant, eg he stamen and ovaries. the petals are nice too, but I don't think they are the strongest part. we now use the whole flower head ground into a fine powder and find this the most reliable method of ingestion.

I'll pass that on and report back later tonight.

are brug or datura higher in alkaloid content in general. or do they vary 2 much 2 get a good idea and how does d .stramonium compare to ferox in alkaoid content and potency

ergoamide, even if I knew the answer, I don't think it would be helpful to elborate here. The whole point about tropane containing plant material is to get a uniform batch of material (ie preferably milled or ground so it is homogenous) and then bioassay it for potency. Then do all future experiments on the basis of this bioassay. if you run out of this batch and start a new one then you will need to start again from scratch and work out the potency by small bioassays before increasing the dosage.

Bottom line is that all species, varieties, and plant parts can have huge varying potencies thoughout the year. What might be OK today might knock you out tomorrow. Only material that is 'standardised' is appropriate to use.

I suggest that no one should ever touch tropane material without fully understanding this concept. There is simply no 'recommended dosage' for these plants EVER.

regarding alkloid profiles

cahse up mandargora who did a presentation at an EB

that i thought was excellent

differnt species have quite different proiles in diferent parts of the plants (seed, leaf,flower etc)

id love a copy myself

Rev:

regarding alkloid profiles

cahse up mandargora who did a presentation at an EB

that i thought was excellent

For sure!, Would be great to see another presentation by mandragora in the future.

Pretty interesting discussion, would be interested to see how it all goes apo, my brugs are still babies...take care of yeselfe mate.

[ 14. May 2005, 02:06: Message edited by: gerbil ]

thanks t my mate made a tea from 1 d.stramonium flower of mine at home( there everywhere lil weeds but i luv em) he was delusional for around12 hrs but sed it was an experience he would tell only the most experieced trippers to try.