The Corroboree
Magicseven

Dream Herbs

ive decided to experiment with the so called dream herbs/roots which have been used for centuries and are completely safe(to my knowledge?. with no known issues except maybe an upset stomach and the odd allergic reaction.

ive just ordered some Calea zacatechichi from another member but i was also doing some reading on Silene undulata (silene capensis) and Artemisia vulgaris (aka mugwort). just wondering if anyone could give any feedback perhaps on their experiences with either of these herbs and how they compare to each other. ie what do people generally prefer or perhaps they cant be compared together in effects.

also i live in Melbourne and wouldnt mind growing one of these plants but not mugwort, any suggestions on which would be most suited to my sort of climate are appreciated because i have a nice secluded patch in the local park that only ever seems to be visited by insects. obviously i wouldnt want something that could get out of control and infest the local vegetation.

Edited by Magicseven

silene capensis will happily grow where you are.

mine are two years old now, and have survived two years of frosts, and aare quite hardy, but they like lots of water. should be easy to get seed by now, as i think heaps of people have been growing it.

calea, i have killed quite a few, so i dont know how they would go in melbourne, maybe ok. also from my own experiments the tea is F**n awful to drink, but worthwhile, though my experinces were quite subtle.

mugwort is insanely easy to grow, you get heaps of leaf material really quick.

best of luck with your dream experiments. i plan on doing quite a few this summer.

also check out "drugs of the dreaming" by Toro and Thomas. lots of interesting info there.

cheers, Obtuse.

Edited by obtuse

silene capensis will happily grow where you are.

mine are two years old now, and have survived two years of frosts, and aare quite hardy, but they like lots of water. should be easy to get seed by now, as i think heaps of people have been growing it.

calea, i have killed quite a few, so i dont know how they would go in melbourne, maybe ok. also from my own experiments the tea is F**n awful to drink, but worthwhile, though my experinces were quite subtle.

mugwort is insanely easy to grow, you get heaps of leaf material really quick.

best of luck with your dream experiments. i plan on doing quite a few this summer.

also check out "drugs of the dreaming" by Toro and Thomas. lots of interesting info there.

cheers, Obtuse.

ah cheers man. i was reading about another members experience with calea and he achieved nothing from it, save some toilet issues..... but ill still give it a shot, after all its pretty cheap compared to some other more notorious herbage.

how tall is the mugwort. i know you can restrict the size of some plants by the size of the pots they are in. the only thing is i dont want it to stand out to much so up to maybe 1.5m is adequete.

im probably going to end up just growing all three (provided i can get seeds).

from your experience what would you hold to be the best? ive heard good things about mugwort

ok im ordering some seeds from shaman australis for silene capensis for a pretty sweet price of $7. let the good times role!

as far as experiences go, calea in my experience was quite subtle, as for me it wasnt so much the dreaming, but much improved imagery in that pre-sleep stage. but i have yet to do more experiments.

while i have tried silene, it is a little more complicated, you need to take it for 5 6 days in a row, before you get anything, but in my case after i started the silene i had a project at work go foul and the stress affected it too much to get any affect from it.

so again, im planning on doing some experiment with that too this summer.

Mugwort, i havent used it for dreaming experiments, but i have heard on the grapevine its good. mine are about 1.5 to 2 m tall in the ground. and smell amazing.

cheers, Obtuse.

ive been reading 250mg of the root shaken with half a litre of water to produce froth is a good way(+ plus i have scales accurate to 10mg). however do i need to drink all of it in the one day or can it be stored in the fridge? i dont want to be drinking for a week only to find i havnt been taking a big enough dose because i didnt finish off my brew in one sitting.

smoked about 50mg sea bean,entarda tweedeii[?]......felt mild effects similar to other dream herbs on smoking.

most dream herbs keep me awake most of the night,this didnt and i dreamt at least 3 times,usually i am a non dreamer,lol.

t s t .

I have had some success with silene capensis using the following method as taken from the SAB website :

"Add 1g of the the powder to a 750ml or larger bottle filled quarter full with water. This is then shaken vigorously for few minutes and the froth is removed by squeezing the bottle. The remainder is put into the fridge for the next day, when the bottle is once again shaken and the froth removed for consumption. After a few days the material will no longer froth and a further 1g is added to the same bottle or a fresh bottle is started. Effects have been achieved by consuming the equivalent of 200mg of powder per day for several days. Significant dream states are supposed to occur after the third consecutive day of ingestion and can be maintained for a few more days by continuing consumption"

I personally had no results until 7 days continuous use (twice a day - morning and night) and the effects continued for a week after I ceased dosing approx 5 days later. Dreams were more lucid and recall was greatly improved. I was very pleased with the result. Root powder was sourced from SAB.

anyone ever had any effects from eating / drinking lots of ginger? It always seems to make my dreams VERY vivid? Did a quick google and couldn't find any reference to this from others though?

anyone ever had any effects from eating / drinking lots of ginger? It always seems to make my dreams VERY vivid? Did a quick google and couldn't find any reference to this from others though?

thats interesting. ive eaten quite a bit when i had sushi one time but i cant remember if my dreams improved. ill do some research as well

well i had a look around and coulndt find anything about ginger. however i did find a tea called "tension tamer". apparently it improves lucid dreaming as well and you can pick it up from safeway for a few bucks, might go grab some tonight before my calea arrives. overall im going to have calea, silene and tension tamer so ill put up a post comparing them which some may find useful.

hi, i found this on a leftfield search for kindness ginger dreaming.

personally im not much into dreaming myself, dont get me wrong i like dreams and have been able to isolate or identify a lucid dream from time to time but as per popular belief once im in a lucid dream...i disappears quickly.

i have gradually learnt to fly in my dreams experiences ranging 15 years past roughly, from the beginning of poor flapping arms to gain weak flight to my best dream ever of being lost in the pine plantation and doing a superman aka matrix ultra high speed body flight with concentrated thought alone was the pinnacle for me, wow the power was unbelievable to transverse tens of kms in a second or two.

sorry back to the first line above, never heard of this chem or even know what it does but if it helps or promotes discussion then good. it apparently is supposed to be the bom for dreams. good luck

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimethylethanolamine

well i had a look around and coulndt find anything about ginger. however i did find a tea called "tension tamer". apparently it improves lucid dreaming as well and you can pick it up from safeway for a few bucks, might go grab some tonight before my calea arrives. overall im going to have calea, silene and tension tamer so ill put up a post comparing them which some may find useful.

I would recommend buying some ginger - as in the actual root. Just slice it up skin and all and bung it into some boiled water..... add organic honey, (not the shitty sugar cheap stuff) and a squeeze of lemon or lime. I have only experienced the effect when eating food with large amounts of ginger in it... eg stir fry's and the like.

I have some tension tamer here, (my partner drinks it) I don't reckon it would have enough ginger goodness in it to produce any marked difference in dream state... although the other herbs / spices in it might do something? Quick google reveals that Eleuthero, (main ingredient in tension tamer tea) is used in Chinese Medicine to help calm excessive dreaming - so perhaps just enjoy the tea to help promote sleep not dreams :)

Edited by kindness

well i just bought a box of tension tamer so ill tell you how that goes tonight. as for ginger, because i reckon ginger tastes so bloody awesome ill give your method a try as well. a quick look on wiki says eleuthero helps improve memory but nothing regarding dreaming or sleep. hopefully it works, if not ill just have a nice cup of tea :P

ill comment tomoz on if it works wish me luck, id like to dream of flying

hey Magicseven id really like to hear about what happened an update would be great

i just bought some mugwort so i shall see how that goes tonight

first calea i had woked great. have always mixed it with cal poppy. long lasting mental calmness. days. just keep drinking it.i also add green tea, chamomile and earl to the mix. always cal poppy with the calea. anything that aids memry will definitely help also. another nice blend is calea, cal poppy, b.caapi (coupla leaves) brunfelsia, dagga, silene.

• Like 1

I have had very vivid dreams on lemonbalm, haven't tried it for awhile now cos I ran out of dried herbs, I have 3 new plants growing in a pot now, so am looking forward to some fresh tea when its ready.

Strange, lemonbalm and sage tea is drunk nearly daily here and I never noticed an effect.

I dry the stuff until virtually all the lemony is gone.

When its worked for you was the fresh herb the bit that worked or did the dried also do the same, and if so was it lemony smelling dried?

And did you just drink it before bed or all day?

Have you tried Mono atomic gold? It's made my dreams pretty real in comparison to before I started using it!! I have also heard that smoking melatonin powder is pretty insane but don't quote me on that.

i love dreams. personally mine are always quite detailed. is it true some people don't even dream in colour?? i find this very peculiar. mine are always lifelike or even more vivid than real life, if that makes sense...

course, i am still interested in dream drugs/herbs. the only two i have XP with are calea and mugwort. the former indeed tastes completely rancid; i tried smoking some the other day and it was similarly foul. i think the best way to go with this one would be capped extract. haven't had any success with it though.

mugwort makes a perfectly potable potion, however. also dont quite remember getting much from this, but my friend said the following. he said he felt extreme fear (after drinking the tea) when i told him about how a mutual friend of ours used to live in the woods in spain where there were wolves, and her mum used to tell her to come home before the wolves got her. we then went to bed and the next morning wrote down our dreams to see if there was anything unusually vivid or otherwise notable. i don't really recall mine now (this was a few years ago) but my friend wrote "i dreamt we met the owners of happy high herbs".

funnily enough, a week later, whilst tripping very hard on an anonymous vitriolic substance, hitch hiking 40km to safety from mardi grass, who was to pick us up? but ray thorpe! amazing. blew our minds. also he was playing some very strange psytrance in the car...true story!

tldr: warning: mugwort may enable you to dream the future.

• Like 1

A little of topic from growing dreaming herbs but along the lines nevertheless,

I've got a bunch of calea that I've tried with little success, tried both smoking the dried leaf and drinking tea (which is the worst thing I've ever consumed!) so I'm wondering if anyone has made a calea extract with high proof alcohol or metho, if so was it successful and what kind of strength would be required (10x ?, 20x ?, more?)

I've done some google searching but can't find much on making an extract, I've seen products for sale ranging from 2x (which kinda seems like a waste of time) up to 20x so if anyone has any experience with this it be much appreciated!

Strange, lemonbalm and sage tea is drunk nearly daily here and I never noticed an effect.

I dry the stuff until virtually all the lemony is gone.

When its worked for you was the fresh herb the bit that worked or did the dried also do the same, and if so was it lemony smelling dried?

And did you just drink it before bed or all day?

The stuff was just some store bought dried herbs, made a strong tea just before going to bed, can't remember if it had a lemony smell, it could have just been a coincidence also, because I have very vivid dreams alot, I use a few different techniques to enhance dreaming or astral travel. Will have to try some more lemonbalm tea to see how it goes, basically any tea that tastes good and helps you relax is going to be good before bed.

Drinking any plant tea isn't that high on my list for enhancing dream states, I only do some times just for experimentation, I find that meditation is the key, also read up on different techniques for astral travel, there is alot on the web.

silene capensis is very good just keep using it night after night and the dreams get better

mix half a gram with 750 mls of water in a pop top bottle and shake for a good couple of minutes suck the froth out and repeat the following nights until no more froth well thats how i do it

I have had very vivid dreams and even achieved lucidity at some point but havnt been able to since

I can give you some silene seed if you would like just pm me your address

I think you can harvest the root after 2 yrs