The Corroboree
punkin

Colonised Spawn Bags For Sale

After being insulted by the price and quality of gourmet mushrooms on small trays at the fruit shops and supermarkets working out to $40-50au a kilo, i decided to grow my own and set off on the journey of education that i guess a lot of people have made or are still wading through.

After finding forums on the net that offered small niches for those interested in gourmet amongst those interested in a 'higher' purpose, i found the Series of Videos called "Lets Grow Mushrooms' , the books by Stamets ect and started developing my own methods derived from those i'd seen and read. Until finally stumbling on the doorstep here.

The trouble was, that along with a lot of learning, there was alot of expensive equipment to build and buy to be able to do it in quantity and comfort, as well as all the strains to gather cultures of.

Well i've doene that and i've now found myself in a position to offer bags of grain spawn already colonised at a fair price as well as a lot of other supplies i have purchased in bulk.

This will take a lot of the hard steps of learning, as well as most of the sterile procedure out of the equation for those who are learning as well as those more experienced yet pressed for time.

It's also a very cheap way to obtain a culture, as every grin in the bag could theoretically be grown out on a petrie dish.

My thinking on the spawn bags is that i can offer fully colonised grain spawn bags of around 1.5 to 2 kilos in weight at a price of $20 and then ship them anywhere in Australia in an Express satchel for $12.80 currently.

Species i can do readily and intend to keep master grains for quick transfers include;

Lions Mane(Hericium Erinaceus)

King Oyster (Pleurotus Eryngii)

White Oyster (P. Ostreatus)

Blue oyster (P. Columbinus)

Pink Oyster (P. Djamor)

White King Oyster (P.Nebrodensis)

Maitake (Grifola frondosa)

These bags should be ready for shipment in a 10-14 day period from ordering, i think at this stage.

I have many other cultures and could grow them out on request. I have a couple of very vigorous shitake cultures that i am still researching the best ways to produce spawn.

I have ample supplies of large 60ml syringes, 18 gauge blunt needles, sterile single plastic petrie dishes, large grain spawn bags ect that can be added to an order in small quantities for no extra freight.

Pm for prices and orders, or post here. Questions on grow methods and species selection should be posted in the appropriate forums here;

http://australiaediblemushroomclub.webs.com/

as i just don't have the time to answer them.

Payment by direct deposit, internet transfer preferred. Paypal on request.

Any other questions fire away.

Edited by punkin

Getting organised now, and have some bags ready.

here's an uncolonised one i did for one of the members here. This is on wheat, which seems to work pretty well..

post-7685-128857207138_thumb.jpg

This is all happening on track and i am taking orders and shipping now.

Bags take approx a week to colonise from ordering, which gives plenty of time to organize payment

There is currently in stock and ready to innoculate bags of;

Shitake 44 (Lentinus edodes, commercial)

Abalone Oyster (P. cystidiosus)

Coming in the next fortnight are;

And shortly after;

Pink Oyster (P. Djamor)

King Straphoria/ Garden Giant (Stropharia rugosoannulata)

Lots of other varieties on request. NO ACTIVES, so don't waste the bandwidth.

Bags are tween 1.5 and 2 kilos of colonised grain and enough to generate kilos of mushrooms deopending on variety just by spawning to bulk. Grain spawn can easily be extended to many truckloads of spawn if you were keen.

Prices are as above;

$20 per bag, with Express Satchel delivery at $12.80 per bag.

Other supplies available on request including syringes, blunt needles to fit, T3 spawn bags, large plastic bags and just about any other mycology supplies.

Edited by punkin

This is all happening on track and i am taking orders and shipping now.

Bags take approx a week to colonise from ordering, which gives plenty of time to organize payment

There is currently in stock and ready to innoculate bags of;

Shitake 44 (Lentinus edodes, commercial)

Coming in the next fortnight are;

And shortly after;

Pink Oyster (P. Djamor)

King Straphoria/ Garden Giant (Stropharia rugosoannulata)

Lots of other varieties on request. NO ACTIVES, so don't waste the bandwidth.

Bags are tween 1.5 and 2 kilos of colonised grain and enough to generate kilos of mushrooms deopending on variety just by spawning to bulk. Grain spawn can easily be extended to many truckloads of spawn if you were keen.

Prices are as above;

$20 per bag, with Express Satchel delivery at $12.80 per bag.

Other supplies available on request including syringes, blunt needles to fit, T3 spawn bags, large plastic bags and just about any other mycology supplies.

I will order;

x1 Blue oyster (P. Columbinus)

x3 White King Oyster (P.Nebrodensis)

x1 Shitake 44 (Lentinus edodes, commercial)

Also chasing

x1 Coprinus comatus

x1 Morchella elata (or any available)

x1 Agaricus augustus

x3 Boletus edulis

Message me to get funds transferred. 04 13 049 333

I will order;

Also chasing

x1 Coprinus comatus

x1 Agaricus augustus

x3 Boletus edulis

No worries mate.

I have made a mistake with the postage charges.

Where i have quoted $12.80 for an express satchel, after sending a couple out today, they are actually $11.70 atm :blush:

My apologies to those who have already paid, and remind me to give you a credit on your next order :blush: :blush:

To those who have not, well it just got cheaper :wink:

Do you have your shiitake 75 going yet? :)

I'm doing shitake 44 in the bags atm. Will slowly be cutting species back as the weather warms to those that are suitable. I may do some 75 as the weather cools again.

Have you got Coprinus going Punkin?

Have you got Coprinus going Punkin?

No mate, haven't been game to go near em. If they interact badly with alchohol they'll probably kill me :wacko:

I will order;

Also chasing

x1 Coprinus comatus

x1 Agaricus augustus

x3 Boletus edulis

Added to phonebook thanks :lol:

Will pm very soon(if the puter holds up! LOL)

No mate, haven't been game to go near em. If they interact badly with alchohol they'll probably kill me :wacko:

LOL yeah made that fateful mistake,made me vomit like mad....not nice at all,really bad gut cramps from memory too.

:puke:

Do your spawn bags work well in Summer? Most of the other websites dont offer the mushroom grow kits during summer because they dont grow well.

I bought an oyster mushroom grow bag off this site http://www.fungi.net.au/index.php a week ago and they are growing quite well, but the other varieties of mushrooms they offer dont seem to be available until next winter.

If they interact badly with alchohol they'll probably kill me

That's not the case with C.comatus , but C.atramentarius

they are supposed to be easy to cultivate and they are great for eating raw in salad too.

hey, punkin

would you sent a p.nebrodensis pack in greece? price? Do you regard P.nebrodensis easy to cultivate?

Edited by mutant

Do your spawn bags work well in Summer? Most of the other websites dont offer the mushroom grow kits during summer because they dont grow well.

I bought an oyster mushroom grow bag off this site http://www.fungi.net.au/index.php a week ago and they are growing quite well, but the other varieties of mushrooms they offer dont seem to be available until next winter.

Some varieties are better than others apparently over the different seasons.

I am finding it hard to propogate the Kings atm after a very hot weekend they seem to be going backwards in their colonization.

However the newer heat loving varities i am bringing on line atm seem to be going very well.

Still thriving are the new bags of Pink Oyster , the Blue Oysters, Garden giant (king straphoria) and i am culturing out a couple of Pulmonarius to try over the weekend.

This is all still very much a learning curve for me.

I'm sorry Mutant but i won't be shipping OS. Have a look on shroomery for some of the american suppliers, they may do it.

ok mate, I might check shroomery for some european grower, good idea

I tried Hypholoma capnoides while in the states and its probably the best fungus ive ever tried other than truffles. Every seen that around?

Nope. Is it a difficult grow?

WAt would u supply just the bags for uninnoculated? Non colonized spawn bags be popular too me thinks.

WAt would u supply just the bags for uninnoculated? Non colonized spawn bags be popular too me thinks.

I'm not comfortable doing this. One of the main reasons i moved to shipping colonised spawn was to ensure that when something left my house on the way to yours, i know for a fact it is uncontaminated.

I can't have the same confidemce with uncolonised spawn and if , for any reason, people want me to reship the cost of the extra postage and materials will make the venture too costly for me.

Sorry. I understand your request and if it was for a nonactive specie i would be happy to recieve a culture from you and use it for colonising, but i will not play with actives. :blush:

Alot of mycological companies do this, diff varieties or spawn, dowel, woodchip,grain,etc. I understand the contam issue, but I think that people understand that when they inject sumthing in there themselves that any contam free waranty is void. If not, I understand, just a thought.

I tried Hypholoma capnoides while in the states and its probably the best fungus ive ever tried other than truffles. Every seen that around?

Whilst I dont think punkin has Hypholoma capnoides I do remember him mentioning he had "Brick cap (Hypholoma sublateritium)" which is a sub species to what you are talking about... possibly tastes almost the same, but remember you are what you eat, the same applies for mushrooms. Their substrate will effect their flavour! So in short hit Punkin up for the brick cap's!!!

I have a couple of bags of P. Pulmonarius (warm weather oyster) ready to go, if anyones keen.

Bags are all over 1.7 kg and up to 2kg, so plenty of spawn.

post-7685-0-39967500-1293921935_thumb.jp

post-7685-0-54977100-1293921961_thumb.jp

post-7685-0-39967500-1293921935_thumb.jpg

post-7685-0-54977100-1293921961_thumb.jpg

post-7685-0-39967500-1293921935_thumb.jpg

post-7685-0-54977100-1293921961_thumb.jpg

Have some others too now, including Pinks, Ulmanarius and some more. PM for a list if interested in medicinals or edibles.

Received my colonized bag of Reishi, very happy with it. Looks quite healthy and not far off from producing some fruits :lol:

Pleurotus Pulmonarius ;

http://www.mushroomexpert.com/pleurotus_pulmonarius.html

http://www.shroomery.org/9411/Pleurotus-pulmonarius

I have quite a few of these colonised and ready to spawn, and i need the storage room for other species.

So i'm having a sale :drool2:

Two for $30 and $10 freight.

You're saving $24. :worship:

Whilever i have these extra bags, so first in. :wink:

Edited by punkin