29 replies to this topic

#26 devance

devance

• Trusted Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,107 posts
  • Interests:everything

Posted 01 June 2011 - 10:32 AM

You might search the web for my paper "Empathogenic Effects of Sceletium tortuosum" ('authored' by by Groot van der Gross) which also details history and a little bit about the alkaloids.
Nice to see there are still people interested in the research into new mesembrine containing plant species.
I still have the occasional ongoing converstation with Dr. Nigel Gericke about new mesembrine sources we have recently identified, but neither of us has been active in this field for a while.
However, research indicates there is definitely a usable quantity of mesembrine in the foliage and stems of most of these plants, so destroying them for the roots is unnecessary.
k trout and I had some interesting conversations regarding certain Delospermas and their suspected mesembrine content a few years back, if memory (always in question these days) serves me well.
Lately, most of my research energies have been directed into the Nymphaeas.

Dr. Nigel Gericke is a white medical doctor south african who patented [along with 4 others mesembrine]]and used to grow it on his farm before being bought out of his patent 1/4 part so not the best guy too quote as for objectivtiy.

Edited by devance, 01 June 2011 - 10:37 AM.

You can give a man a seedless watermelon [yummy] but can he raise one.

#27 mutant

mutant

multi-talented MF

• Trusted Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,777 posts
  • Interests:a lot
  • Climate or location:mediterranean

Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:46 PM

well this is the first post of yours I read that makes some sense. That is some sense, not plain sense.

Edited by mutant, 01 June 2011 - 05:47 PM.

"im pretty sure the plants were not as offended as some of us were" Spine Collector

#28 devance

devance

• Trusted Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:46 PM

Well they tried a patent as if was mesembrine was the best major alkaloid as produced of the plant[sceletium] or mesembs].

And but they also got the the wrong plant.

He sold his 1/4 patent and says he shouldn't have sold it, I don't think I care except as he cannot sell his crop except as tranquilzer herb for pregnant women[ advoids the patent].

A last resource, as he can't sell legally for anything else or be sued South African court for patent infringement..

But I think just as well for Dr. Nigel Gericke, he got his money [1/4]patent] and good for him. Before the sceletium interest is going to going crash, also some sort of fungous[ probably a result of mass farming of the plant in over watered areas]

Only Nananthus is the major biochemical antiflammorty production star.
\

#29 Gunter

Gunter

Evil penguin

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,002 posts
  • Climate or location:USDA 9

Posted 05 June 2011 - 11:30 AM

h++p://www.thesceletium.com/study2.pdf

#30 devance

devance

• Trusted Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:16 PM

well this is the first post of yours I read that makes some sense. That is some sense, not plain sense.

LuxuryThe word 'luxury’’refers to products or services of a very high standard; however,researchers state that it elicits no clear understanding.[1][2][3] Academics also argue that luxury is a slippery term to define due to strong involvement of human elements and judgement which takes into account others views also.[4] However, there is an agreement among researchers and practitioners that luxury goods are conducive to pleasure and comfort, are difficult to obtain, and bring the owner esteem, apart from functional utility.[5]

So if everything was a naturally inborn like a chicken from birth there would no reasons for places a college