The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
t st tantra

ext of fermented heimia leaf

when i first fermented and dried heimia leaf i smoked some and thought it was about 2 to 3 times stronger than plain dried leaf.

since then i made a big brew but it was too strong and virtually undrinkable.thick and very bitter.so i reduced the liquid down to almost solid ,formed pellets and let them dry.yeids vary from batch to batch but i use 2 mugs worth,about 95gms of leaf per batch and get 60 to 100 pellets.

they are active at about the size of a split pea.not just 2 to 3 times stronger than previous extracts but a much fuller effect.i now know why its called sunopener and i've had several episodes of aural effects.

i gave some to a friend who takes valium,she stated that a pellet was better than 5mg valium.i assume she ment interms of relaxation and freedom from anxiety.though valium doesnt interact with entheogens like heimia can.

i have a new batch of leaf and of pellets at the moment and am open to offers!

t s t .

[ 13. April 2004, 23:45: Message edited by: t st tantra ]

Edited by planthelper
tag

Hi Tst, weird, you beat me to it.

I recently had the opportunity to try some of this extract and some of the fermented dry leaf, and I must say that I was pleasantly surprised. I think that this is a most under-rated herb.

Initially, 2 joints of fermented Heimia was rolled with equal parts **. A tingly 'zig-zag' disorientation flew down my spine through my legs, and after about the third toke, my vision became suddenly "washed" with a pale yellow. On one occasion, the first, there was distinct orchestral hallucnations. (I am quite prone to aural hallucination anyways with **).

There seems to be a distinct personality with this plant.

Up to 1 hour later I remember feeling dazed and constantly remembering that I had just finished thinking about something fascinating and important, yet when I tried to remember what, it turned out that there had been no such thing. Seems that this would be a good medicine for depression, it acting on the memory in such a psychaedelic and positive way.

I still have much experimenting to do with this plant, but all in all, I would have to say that this herb has the potential to become a seriously amazing medicine and psychaedelic. Cheers, tst.

Cool. Ive been planting this and withania as 'fillers' in the garden to suppress weeds.

good to know at least one is still a contender.

I did try some resin extract of your TsT at eEB3 afterglow. I did get some effct but defining it was hard in conjunction with many other botanical samples in a short time.

wasnt there a report waaay back about a 25X that had people seeing visions of snakes n stuff?

Any plans to concentrate further?

Very interesting. I have a tiny heimia bush I just transfered from pot to ground and a couple seedlings in the ground. I haven't tried it yet. I have tons of things I've never tried. It's interesting that you can smoke the leaves and get an effect. I wonder why or if fermenting would improve anything? You ferment sceletium to break down the oxalic acid. What benefit would fermenting give to heimia?

Stoney

Rev..so you get no real effects from Asvaganda?

Andrew sent us some a while back and I LOVE it..great breaky tea for those days you know are bound for failure!

Maybe this heimia extract could be a real winner for people with panic disorder?

It'd HAVE to be better than those chemical Zombifiers that I refuse to take.

Edit: can't spell today!

[ 16. April 2004, 13:24: Message edited by: mescalito ]

Was that a tea of the root mesc? Or the ripe berries? Hmmm- must have been channeling- I was looking at the plant Rev put in here the other day cos its doing so well... wonder if it works for werevolves?

I'd prefer "creature of the night"...it sounds more mystifying :D

I just use the leaves in a plunger steeped for at least 5 mins before plunging.

It gets stronger after about this time :confused: ,maybe it's Andrews strain?Sometimes if I use an infuser ball in a cup,it will knock me out of the.."I need another **** before I go to bed" syndrome.

Especially after a few ****'s

I have a few small heimia plants here,but prolly not enough to work with yet.I do however have heaps of seed...so what's the best planting time?

Would they adapt to transplanting in the colder months?

rev,the extract you tried was from an earlier unfermented batch of leaf,almost inactive by comparisome!

i am especially interested in this plant as a treatment for 'drug induced psychosis'.i think this ref is from 'legal highs',but i have no idea where they got it from.i expect this to be a very positive treatment for a 'bad trip'.

t s t .

So what is the deal with fermenting? No one has commented on that. Is it just for taste or does it affect the potency and if so, why?

Stoney

Hey tst- I read your fermentation report over at the sinicuichi forum (thanks for that btw :) ) but it didnt mention temps or humidity during fermenting- any ideas?

*Yells at his Heimia plants to Grow Faster*

lol

stonehenge,fermenting increases the potency.the traditional prep can now be seen as a two step fermentation.first 'fermentation' occurs in the leaf when it is wilted after picking.and then the leaf in water is fermented in the sun for a few days.

it was beleived that an alchohol formed and the alkaloids were extacted into the alchohol.

there is i beleive a scientific paper which indicates the alkaloids either increase or head in a certain direction under sun exposure.

i think any sunny day would be ok,it just may take several days at lower temps.too hot and it may dry too quick to 'ferment'.

t s t .

[ 17. April 2004, 20:31: Message edited by: t st tantra ]

A simpler method that worked for me was just to grab as much of the leaf and stem material as you can and boil the shit down a few times by readding water - eventually after about five or so hours you get a grool that yoiu can basically spoon out of the pan and place it under the grill on low heat to dry out.

Smoke three cones of this and then tell me you can work out where noises are coming from - my girlfriends voice was coming from behind me as i watched her talk to me in front...weird... Slightly salvia'ie...

Hmmmm, t st has good luck with fermenting and blue meanie does well just by boiling it down. Perhaps if he used fermenting before boiling it would work better? I just wonder what the process is. If it's alcohol, then you could add a little to get the ball rolling. Does sun play a role? How can you tell when it's ready? Often there is a fine line between fermenting and rotting. Does the odor change as it ferments? Can you smoke the leaves after they have been fermented in water or have they lost the activity?

S

Guest electro

[so are you guys adding yeast? or just hoping that wild yeast strains will be present and do the work for you ?

when i first read this topic i had visions of giant plastic buckets with airlocks on them bubbling away with brewers yeast water & plant material - moonshine style ... :)

mescalito, my plants are selfseeding right now!

t st, i am fermenting a small amount in a zipplock bag, right now!

the idea is that the moisture cant escape for a while, than open and let dry out.

the leaves are made to sweat!

:P

often one day was suggested for the pot fermenting but i think the taste and smell improve after the first day.after 3 days it's definately ready.then i pour the liquid out and retop with boiling water and repeat the proccess for a second extn.i think the leaves would be exhuasted by then.

the fermented leaf has a very nice flavour as a smoke .i've had strong effects from unfermented heimia ext but not at all reliable and usually in combo with something else.this new ext is consistent in its effects.

nothing is added,i think any yeasts and/or sugars are in the plant and develop more in the 'wilting ferment'.the aromatic sweet smell that develops would seem to confirm this.

t s t .

Cool :cool:

So let me get this straight. You ferment the leaves and then smoke them? Or do you ferment them while soaking in water and use the water while tossing the leaves? I hear extracting but I also hear fermenting. Do you ferment without water to improve taste and is the extraction a separate process?

Stoney

It sounds like a series of letting the material sweat up in some sort of container or baggie.Then venting the resultant fog each day,so as not to let the liquid collect.

The pellet thing would be an extension on this primary fermentation??

I assume Sceletium would be the same??

[ 20. April 2004, 20:09: Message edited by: mescalito ]

Seems lots of y'all would benefit from reading This

Taaa :)

I tried heimia a while back by simply smoking the dried leaves, and then later boiling down a branch into a resin and smoking that. Both had very minimal effects...

I'm interested in this new "fermentation" method, and after reading this thread I'm still not sure of the final steps.. lets see if I can get this straight:

1) Cut branches and leave them to dry outside in a heap for 3 days so they "ferment". This can also be done in a large baggie with periodic openning of the bag to let the resultant gas buildup escape.

2) Boil/simmer these leaves in water for about an hour, and then strain (and repeat if necessary).

This part I'm not too sure about->

3) Boil the resulting liquid down into a resin. Put this resin in the oven to dry out.

4) Smoke pea sized balls of the resin? Eat pea sized balls of the resin?

Can anyone clear this up for me? I'm very keen to try out this better than 5mg of valium with auditory hallucinations extract!

Thanks

Afro88

In the link I gave up ^ tst said the fermented and dried leaves could be used to make the brew (active) and the brew could be boiled down and rolled into balls that were active orally with sublingual (sucking and parking under the tongue) being particularly advocated.

Also a few times in this thread he said the fermented and dried leaves by themselves can be smoked for an effect.

Hey tst- did ya try making a extract enhanced smoke?

=====

Oh- heres an idea I had for ska Pastora months ago, it would probably be much more suited for sublingual sinicuichi extract use. Desiccate and powder peppermint gum (peppermint because it can increase sublingual absorbtion of drugs) and add this gum powder to the plant extract, mix thuroughly, warm up some if needed, and roll into a sheet, figure out how many doses the sheet is and cut it into that many pieces, then use it much like nicotine gum- chew and park, chew and park. This would probably give these extracts a better, less sloppy form for using- also the slower release of the drug would probably increase how much was absorbed sublingually vs swallowing.

[ 28. April 2004, 07:01: Message edited by: Auxin ]

have tried smoking the ext and the dried fermented leaf but the balls seem to give an effect thats better.

am still searching for a smoking form i like.i assume it might be an acetone ext of the fermented ext.

t s t .