The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
WoodDragon

AE down?

My AE tab in Firefox just burped, and I canot get it back. Is there anyone from over there reading this who might know what's going on? I was following up on some PMs, and 'crunch'...

I hope that it's nuffin' sinister - some of the postings recently might have been a bit iffy in the eyes of the flatfeet.

Try .org, some DNS issues right now.

helping the people which have put you down so much, you are a very nice and special person sina! :wub:

i haven't been there since gom ran amok.

helping the people which have put you down so much, you are a very nice and special person sina! :wub:

i haven't been there since gom ran amok.

Got an email said that herbalistics will be offline for a week , I just assumed this must have effected AE forums aswell cause haven't been able to get on there either

The .org instead of .com makes all the difference.

Thanks sina

The .org instead of .com makes all the difference.

Thanks sina

I can see it with .org but can't post or anything

I can see it with .org but can't post or anything

I am guessing this is because several bits of the code references the .com which it tries to access (but obviously can't for now).

You will just have to make do until obtuse has a chance to make things right. He mentioned something about the hosting provider upgrading their DNS software so it might just need to wait till this is done.

Don't thank me, thank obtuse for his tireless and excellent work. People usually have to pay good money (even in a recession) for the work he does for free!

planthelper, I don't go there anymore but don't think there should be animosity between the two forums.

Edited by Sina

i hope more ae people will attend ega this year!

received this from rev.............

---------- Forwarded message ----------

Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 11:02:30 -0700

Subject: emergency forum

To: rev

hi,

have created an emergency-forum for the time being so we can talk.

until we find out what's wrong with AE

could you please pass on the url:

http://gomaosgarden.forumcircle.com/index.php?

t s t .

hey all,

Pretty well as above, so i wont repeat what has been said.

but yeah temporary dns issues.

i have fixed up the silly .com to .org issue so that you dont need to do the cut and pasting.

And yes if there are ever any temp issues in future there is the backup forum to let you know what is going on.

apologies for any problems this has caused anybody.

cheers, Obtuse.

Seems there's some adversity between the 2 forums eh?

I dunno what it's all about, I've heard whispers about this & that, dunno.

I frequent both forums 'cos they're both good poop &, although I may not be the most mature person on the planet (or in my houshold for that matter), I

choose to remain oblivious to this c'funkle because it is childish.

I mean really, we're a small community which is constantly evolving due to the totally selfless way in which we acquire & share knowledge, if we choose a

"side" & perpetuate this bullshit which, I assume started off as a personal beef between a few members of each forum, then it can only be a bad thing. Opposition leads to war

and that's the only thing which does!

Both forums rock & we should be able to aknowledge that without feeling like a traitor to 1! Fuck me, this sorta' behaviour is best left to the humanity-hating politicians!

I'm not saying the original beef was childish but, joining is fuckin' definitely is!

My 2 cent piece.

Peace.

Ok problem sorted.

i will revert the website back to the .com as the primary address later tonight.

Thanks to all those who helped document the quick fixes while i was busy sorting out where the problems were.

all back to normal.

Cheers, Obtuse.

BTW, Tantra im looking forward to catching up with you again, and this time hopefully have a proper chat with you. I was a bit overwhelmed last time, being my first ega and all.

And yes hoping a good percentage of both SAB and AE'ers are gonna be there too. But hey we're all tarred with the same brush arent we :rolleyes:

Totally agree with germinator... frequented SAB for few years now... just made account for AE but lurked for bout year anyway...

Most of us are friends.. whether before or after logging on to either of these 2 forums...

Germinator said it all when talking bout wars... really wish people with our ideals could turn the other cheek... someone has to if we ever dream of peace... whether with different ethnic or religious groups... or between ethnobotanists or there repressors!!!