DarkSpark

Denny Crane !

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts
  • Interests:Plants, Family & Gaming
  • Climate or location:USDA Zone 4

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:44 PM

no need to delete just using slightly different terminology soas to not refer to yourself i guess.

Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong - Oscar Wilde

Ayaliuasca is the television of the forest. You can see images and learn things. - Excerpt from 'The Cosmic Serpent'

WTB Kava Plant

My Trading Reputation Thread
Image Gallery
Store

- 35% of sales this month donated to EGA fundraiser -

#27 planthelper

planthelper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,998 posts
  • Climate or location:oz dry 240m, zone 10

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:43 PM

no doubt in my mind that at zaka's location, the plant in the centre of this discussion is, very well tolerated.

i don't c much of an issue here, nice thread, good work everybody.
but sure let's not be lazy and self incriminate! :)
My Didgeridoo song

the mediator between head and hands must be the heart.

#28 Zaka

Zaka

Senior Psychonaut

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • Climate or location:Tropical Caribbean

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:09 PM

Irie,
True, it's a religious sacriment here & for the most part treated as such, but swim wouldn't want to jepodiese this site...
Respect,
Z

Edited by Zaka, 30 June 2012 - 09:04 PM.

• planthelper likes this

#29 ballzac

ballzac

fatal error C1003:

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,930 posts
  • Interests:Physics
  • Climate or location:au zone 3, victoria

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:04 PM

Its funny how that rule is overlooked for many topics such as Lophs in QLD, or For that matter people in SA growing any form of mescaline containing cacti. But because this is cannabis it is a different story, as it always is.

For one thing, you are talking about an entirely separate section of the forums that is moderated by different members. The moderators of each individual forum have the discretion to implement the rules how they see fit. Having said that, the cactus forum is actually quite strict in the sense that potency discussion of legal plants is not allowed there at all. In addition to this, there is a bit of a requirement for common sense. Discussion of cannabis is a big red flag to authorities, so there is a need to be a little more careful when discussing it. Also, with plants that are banned in some states and not others, or for which the laws are changing, it is a bit harder for the mods to keep up with the laws and to implement the rules appropriately. The laws regarding cannabis, among other things, are not even remotely ambiguous, and it's usually very clear when a particular post is in violation of the rules.

Come to think of it with the laws against drug containing plants and analogue laws maybe we had better just delete all the threads relating to any plants with obscure substances in them, JUST IN CASE. I see several pictures of catha edulis come through here every week and it is scheduled right up there with cannabis, yet again its is different because catha edulis is what would be considered an ethno whereas people view cannabis as just plain drugs.

As far as I know, Catha edulis is not scheduled in australia. Neither are most plants. There is a difference between the scheduling of a plant, and the scheduling of its constituents. That is why it is okay to post a picture of your Acacia that you are growing in your backyard, but not okay to post a picture of an extract you made from it.

i am not looking for a fight and i am happy to abide by the rules,but when these rules are bent so often without any issues i am left confused. Maybe a rule should be added that says "no talking about cannabis"

The main thing is to use common sense. I have no problem removing a post or thread if I think it violates the rules, but I will also use my discretion if it lies in a grey area. This may include leaving a thread that slightly crosses the line but has the potential to result in a very productive discussion. But a thread that crosses that line and simply asks a question that can easily be googled will be removed.

As planthelper doesn't have a problem with the discussion here, I'm not going to read through the whole thread to offer my own opinion, but FWIW, I will usually be more lenient on international members because they are not breaking Australian law, particularly if the laws are also more lax in their own country. But it's still important to ensure that our Australian members remain on their best behaviour when engaging in such a thread.
A wank, I think!

#30 Demonpigeon

Demonpigeon

Day Tripper

• Members2
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Climate or location:UK

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:44 AM

Irie,
Well fuck me!
swim thought that they were destroyed but;
swim had basically written them off anyways.....
They actually ended up in the hands of the Niyabinghi, a rasta tribe, that swim had a meeting with back in '02, as they had ended up with swim stolen seed bank!!!
Since swim was essentially homeless at the time, swim agreed to let them keep them!!
Well swim have just recieved two seedlings of ABC....10 years later!!!
Pics as soon as they look good!!
If you love something let it go, if it come back it was meant too be!!! :wub:
Respect,
Z

This is the coolest thing I've ever read, Rasta tribes, inidigeous hemp, love, loss, rediscovery, it has it all!

I'm a bit of a seed collector (thankfully the UK legal system doesn't criminalise seeds) and managed to get my hands on some webbed-leaf hemp seeds (another group of plants with strong aussie roots :) ) I'd love to hear whether your friend Swim ever made anything of these seeds, if that's allowable?

#31 resin_lung

resin_lung

Day Tripper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Climate or location:so cal

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:14 AM

hello Zaka, i was curious if you could give an update on your A.B.C. project? thank you

#32 Zaka

Zaka

Senior Psychonaut

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • Climate or location:Tropical Caribbean

Posted 02 May 2014 - 04:51 AM

Irie,

A quick update;

This years girl turned boy.

But it's cool It'll work OK for the back cross....

Too busy them days!!!

Respect,

Z

Attached Files

Edited by Zaka, 02 May 2014 - 04:53 AM.

• waterboy likes this

#33 GHBeer

GHBeer

Psychonaut

• Members2
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Climate or location:Murrumbidgee

Posted 02 May 2014 - 07:59 AM

Very very cool.

#34 franky

franky

Psychonaut

• Members2
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Climate or location:Victoria

Posted 02 May 2014 - 10:56 AM

Cannabis sativa subsp. Australis?

The story i've heard that is came from an old timer couple 20+ years ago now who had been growing it in queensland for god knows how long.

From what i've heard its still being bred here in aus, getting hybrids with potency while still retaining it's stealth look!

Edited by franky, 02 May 2014 - 10:56 AM.

#35 tarenna

tarenna

Senior Psychonaut

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • Climate or location:Northern NSW

Posted 02 May 2014 - 02:59 PM

Irie,

A quick update;

This years girl turned boy.

But it's cool It'll work OK for the back cross....

Too busy them days!!!

Respect,

Z

Dude, dude!

Dude looked like a lady...

:devil:

#36 Sabry

Sabry

Receptive Noob

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts