The Corroboree
TheFriendlyPlanter

What's up with the site

What's up with my computer I guess. Does anyone else get this now? Basically just the first post with all the replies listed underneath (See attatched pic).

Sorry if I'm just a bit slow here, Thanks for the help.

post-2517-1221746866_thumb.jpg

Why does that option even exist? Does anyone actually use it intentionally?

I've used it before, but only for like 15m.

Why does that option even exist? Does anyone actually use it intentionally?

if your memory is good then there is no need to have to scroll through all previous posts. I guess it is more for low volume forums though.

if your memory is good then there is no need to have to scroll through all previous posts. I guess it is more for low volume forums though.

But if it's low volume, then there's no problem scrolling through the two or three posts :P

All forums used to be like that if I remember correctly, but it was simply because of the low tech way they were programmed. That is, simple HTML with no javascript or anything and the different replies were just linked to like a normal weblink.

Ok I found it, thanks for all the clues... I just thought it was a glitch with the site that would eventually go away. After a few days I couldn't handle it any more and was ready to kill somebody AAAGGGGGHHHH!!!!!

thats all well n good, but why is it resetting? our mutual mate the AM show host had it too, and so have I, never before and never again, just for a short while? No change here...

Weirdness is ok with the TV, cos it doesn't have my bank deets in it...

VM

maybe accidental click in a frozen frame while heading for the 'new topic' button?

that top right corner is a busy corner and ajax sometimes creates minute delays while refreshing itself. Ample opportunity for the cursor to do things no one intended. ie, you think clicking the new topic button just failed while in fact you just rest your viewing preference.

or maybe it's something internal that the geeks have put there to annoy the rest of us ;)

If you have been accessing forum pages from google while logged in it can also switch your settings in the cookie file.

I am pretty sure GoogleBot and other search spiders use that view. Sometimes the forum bot detection code works and sends them to the lofi version but not always.

yeah, i had it aswell from picking this mode up from going to a google sab search page.

but something else is happening to me with this site.

say i have deleted all my cookies and have to sign in at sab, than when i'm signed in, any click (say the corrobere button) makes a page come up where it say's, wellcome guest, but if i click the gallery it say's hello planthelper...

the signed in page showes different users, and show my last post, but the hello guest pages did not even show my post made 31/2 h ago.

in short, at times i had to sign in 3 times in one session....

i think it has to do with that mode which doesn't show the ammount of views as they happpen (2 replies, no view).

Edited by planthelper

if your post isn't showing then the page is not a current page. ie the page you are looking at is a cached page - either cached on your computer or by your ISP. use super refresh to override the cache.