Therefore

∴ svarte gærninger ∴

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts
  • Climate or location:Shroomville, Subland

Posted 18 October 2011 - 10:08 PM

4chan's Chris Poole: Facebook & Google Are Doing It Wrong

Interesting article. Thanks for posting.

Yeah i just turned my FB off. Didn't delete it as there are contacts there with people i met overseas and such (i remember when it was just email addresses you swapped).

one good thing i did was to download all my friends email addresses. Basically send it to yahoo and then you get a CSV (text) file of all the emails.
Then i imported that into my gmail.
http://www.labnol.or...facebook/12970/

I also downloaded all the info i had into a .zip file. There is a part on FB which does it for you. They send you a link and you can just download it. handy stuff

Eventually i will delete it all though.

#77 Therefore

Therefore

∴ svarte gærninger ∴

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts
  • Climate or location:Shroomville, Subland

Posted 18 October 2011 - 10:27 PM

I prefered the internet when geocities was about and the Mojave telephone box still existed!
  • Cosmonaut likes this

#78 7baz

7baz

Senior Psychonaut

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • Climate or location:melbourne

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:01 PM

today i wiped out my facebook.
sight*.. was kinda hard to do , but il live.
need to spend more time in the real world.
  • Therefore and paradox like this

#79 woof woof woof

woof woof woof

mawfng average joe

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,120 posts
  • Interests:Surfing, fishing, useful plants, sustainable living, dumpster diving, recycling, travel, surfariessss !
  • Climate or location:semi arid / tropical

Posted 21 December 2011 - 04:21 PM

whad all dis facebook deleting? the illuminati will find you anyway!
  • vual likes this

#80 Moses

Moses

ÆGLÆCA

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
  • Interests:growing anything,martial arts,the unknown
  • Climate or location:Temperate/Coastal S.A.

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:05 PM

never had it never will, what i do, with who when and why is my business no-one elses, hell even photos of me are a very rare item, mum and dad got them when i was young but since about 16(now 46) i swear it would be hard to find any.

all that aside the object of my obsession is leaving her job for a new position and asked if i had facebook so we can keep in touch and i almost considered it but not even one of the cutest babes ive ever known can sway me.

when i leave this realm i shall leave nothing but a memory and if that aint strong enough to survive then it wasnt meant to.
A coward has as much claim to pacifism as a eunuch has to celibacy

#81 vual

vual

ॐ Dragonologist ॐ

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 738 posts
  • Interests:Magna Cum Laude
  • Climate or location:Elsewhere

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:51 PM

...spacebook, wtf happend to myspace anyway?
  • woof woof woof likes this
I know the secret to everything.............

#82 Chef's Foreskin

Chef's Foreskin

can't post, but can PM

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • Interests:Cacti, Cacti and Cacti, Bush Doof's, Fishing, Self Sufficiency, Water Sports, Trail Bikes
  • Climate or location:Far North Coast

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:54 PM

I enjoyed myspace because you could do some of the coding your self and make it look atleast decent.. I didn't read anything in this thread just clicked on it because I seen Whoring in the tittle :P
  • totemgoat likes this
Today's student can put dope in their veins or hope in their brains, If they can conceive it and believe it, They can achieve it. They must know it is not their aptitude but their attitude that will determine their altitude.

#83 vual

vual

ॐ Dragonologist ॐ

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 02:01 PM

lol facebook whoring is actually like craigslist whoring, where one will pretend to be a women, ie: you make a facebook account as a girl, invite as many guys as you can , then message them with something like "hey im bored wanna chat".... they say yes (obviously) and then you send them a affilitae link for a webcam chat room or adult match maker affiliate link, they click link and sign up and you get paid $1.....
black hat internet marketing tech...

#84 Chef's Foreskin

Chef's Foreskin

can't post, but can PM

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • Interests:Cacti, Cacti and Cacti, Bush Doof's, Fishing, Self Sufficiency, Water Sports, Trail Bikes
  • Climate or location:Far North Coast

Posted 20 April 2012 - 02:05 PM

aah ok, I had no idea.. Clever idea.. But very cheeky
Today's student can put dope in their veins or hope in their brains, If they can conceive it and believe it, They can achieve it. They must know it is not their aptitude but their attitude that will determine their altitude.

#85 vual

vual

ॐ Dragonologist ॐ

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 02:22 PM

ROFL ;)

Edited by vual, 20 April 2012 - 02:22 PM.

#86 Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut

Psychonaut

• Members2
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Climate or location:WA

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:34 PM

I can highly recommend Reddit as an alternative. Same(ish) stuff, less of the dramas that Facebook brings, less privacy concerns.

I've been on for two months or so... Facebook is balls in comparison.

#87 vual

vual

ॐ Dragonologist ॐ

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:42 PM

I can highly recommend Reddit as an alternative. Same(ish) stuff, less of the dramas that Facebook brings, less privacy concerns.

I've been on for two months or so... Facebook is balls in comparison.

reddit whoring is much the same, reddit your affiliate link and make 10 new accounts and bump them up to the top... watch the traffic poor in.

#88 Zen Peddler

Zen Peddler

Shaman's Apprentice

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,703 posts
  • Climate or location:Orbit

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:38 PM

Im also now a facebook loser. Feel free to add me somehow.

#89 Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut

Psychonaut

• Members2
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Climate or location:WA

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:00 PM

reddit whoring is much the same, reddit your affiliate link and make 10 new accounts and bump them up to the top... watch the traffic poor in.

Disagree. Reddit has stuff in place to stop spamming of links. If you've made ten accounts, then thats ten karma. the stuff on the front page has 1500+ most of the time. I can see your point, but the time you'd spend making... what, hundreds, thousands of accounts honestly wouldn't be worth your time.

#90 mutant

mutant

multi-talented MF

• Trusted Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,785 posts
  • Interests:a lot
  • Climate or location:mediterranean

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:41 PM

keeping a phony facebook account rules and allows you to be where you would care to - but some stuff still happen there, so....
"im pretty sure the plants were not as offended as some of us were" Spine Collector

#91 woof woof woof

woof woof woof

mawfng average joe

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,120 posts
  • Interests:Surfing, fishing, useful plants, sustainable living, dumpster diving, recycling, travel, surfariessss !

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:34 AM

weirdest thing ever,.... I cant get on Facebook. I think my comp somehow blocks facebook. I get emails from people on yahoo of facebook responses and I cant open the emails in yahoo. I google facebook to see if I can get on the FB site,... it doesnt even open FB in google searches,... my google browser simply doesnt respond/ freezes.

the only way I can get on FB is if I plug indirectly to the internet connection. but even then its ultra slow.

So through wireless I get -
Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

when I look up Cant get onFB on google it doesnt allow met to enter on FB.

all other websites fine.

I am thinkinng that I am getting blocked, because my housemates can get on FB. If I am getting blocked ........ then there are 2 suspects.

#92 OPP

OPP

Senior Psychonaut

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Climate or location:Sydney

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:39 PM

keeping a phony facebook account rules and allows you to be where you would care to - but some stuff still happen there, so....

I have an account in a similar name. i wouldn't give all that information out to a faceless company with who knows what privacy policies.
Every few weeks i will check it for important invites and thats about it.
If you know me you probably know my phone number.......

#93 migraineur

migraineur

Senior Psychonaut

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Climate or location:Mediterranean

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:11 PM

did u add me vert? or have i asked the wrong dude to be my friend? i just took it for granted u were the suave good lookin one. i dig fb, its like a time warp, all ur relos and schoolmates come out of the woodwork catch up with heaps of peeps from ur past.
half of sab is on there! sina has a nice pic all done up in a tux, worth signing up 4 that alone!

I went to add a Swedish friend once and sent the request to the wrong person. What made it worse was that I wrote "Jag vill bröstknulla dig" when I sent the request which means "I want to breastfuck you" (my friend taught me all of the important things in Swedish). To explain the situation, there were only 4 results when I searched for his name and 3 had pictures which weren't of him and I assumed the one without a picture was him. He laughed hard when we realised I sent it to the wrong guy. Not surprisingly the guy didn't respond to my request although it could've been worse if the guy was actually happy about what I had to say.
  • woof woof woof likes this

#94 woof woof woof

woof woof woof

mawfng average joe

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:58 AM

I love it,.... helps me keep up to date on many things. also use it to set appointments with my real life social groups. I dont keep FB and SAB seperate,...cept that I dont go out promoting it to just anyone either.

I only talk about psygoodies in a more research/medicinal way on FB,.... try to keep it more acceptable for the general public.

Edited by woof woof woof, 04 July 2012 - 05:01 AM.

#95 goneski

goneski

Law-abiding Orchid Collector

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • Climate or location:Hunter

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:05 PM

Since deactivating my Facebook profile over a year ago, I've learnt 2 main things:

1) Facebook 'friends' aren't really friends

2) When you leave Facebook, everyone assumes you've just fallen off the face of the earth / died and doesn't bother contacting you.

I already knew point 1, but, the last 12 months or so has shown me the extent to which this is true.
  • Evil Genius, Yawning Man, fydesvindico and 1 other like this

#96 obtuse

obtuse

just curious

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts
  • Climate or location:van diemens land

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:47 PM

Sigh!

I ended up giving in. but not my real name. and have found it surprisingly helpful, and a bit of fun. It's nice to see what other people are up to.

But as far as personal info im still sceptical about what to share. They must be getting some data mining nuggets.

Cheers.

#97 bullit

bullit

the best

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts
  • Interests:your girlfriend
  • Climate or location:eastcoast QLD

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:11 PM

this is facebook mates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#98 Jonny Deformed

Jonny Deformed

Dr Awesome

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • Climate or location:sub tropics

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:18 PM

Sigh!

I ended up giving in. but not my real name. and have found it surprisingly helpful, and a bit of fun. It's nice to see what other people are up to.

But as far as personal info im still sceptical about what to share. They must be getting some data mining nuggets.

Cheers.

Pretty much this....

PM me if you want to get yer whore on.

~Out of the bottomless pit that is The Compound~ 

spiral staircase incident

dubious compound

shady operation

I am the angel with the scab wings hard drug face wanna powder my nose.

I will deflower the freshest crop dry up all the wombs with my rock and roll sores.

#99 bℓσωηG

bℓσωηG

F.R.E.S.H

• Trusted Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,634 posts
  • Interests:observing the trees blowing in the breeze, at peace.
    surviving the matrix.
  • Climate or location:Southern Hemisphere

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:09 AM

Most people don’t realize that Facebook (FB) can continue to monitor their internet activity, even if they are no longer logged into the site.
Using “Facebook Connect,” and other social plug-ins, Facebook is able to set up a cookie on any site that has a “Like” or “share” button, giving Facebook access to a startling amount of user information. Technically, the purpose of these plug-ins is to authenticate users, but it still has the ability to collect personal information such as the IP address of your computer, browsing data, outside login information, phone numbers, etc.
The cookie, known as the “datr” cookie, has been a controversial topic for the past year. Using this cookie, among other things, Facebook knows what you have read on a web page even if you did not click the “like” button. As the Wall Street Journal reported, “for this to work, a person only needs to have logged into Facebook or Twitter once in the past month. The sites will continue to collect browsing data, even if the person closes their browser or turns off their computers.”
To help users control how and when their information is tracked and distributed, companies such as Abine and Ghostery have developed tools that allow users to block Facebook social plug-ins, cookies, and other trackers.

#100 incognito

incognito

Goober

• Trusted Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,055 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with my mum,
    Walking my dog,
    Watching sunsets and sunrises,
    Playing with Hillbilly,
    Meeting sweet people who restore my faith in humanity :)
  • Climate or location:Central West Nsw

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:29 PM

I really enjoy stalking hillbilly and marcel on fb.
Fb is what it is, I know if I can't get in contact with fiends and family via conventional methods I can always get em on facie. I even get to see eg's sexy face.
"What the thinker thinks, the prover proves." - RAW