The Corroboree
Kenny Blister

Brugmansia Beauties

Hello All

Just a few pics of some Brugmansia flowers I thought you might enjoy. They have been loving the weather of late (except that one hailstorm) and the copious amounts of liquid fertiliser and have been bursting out in flower. All have well and truly outgrown their pots and I must do something about that before spring, but at least they've still rewarded me with a colourful and fragrant display.

Pics 1 & 2: B. candida x insignis - Have four plants grown from seed, only the two which I have trimmed to standards have reached sexual maturity. One produces flowers more yellow than the other. Amazing fragrance.

Pics 3 & 4: B. 'audrey hepburn' x 'painted lady' - Flowers are a crisp white at the moment but have previously displayed a peachy tinge down the throat.

Pics 5 & 6: B. 'velvet rose' x 'ecuador pink' - Yummy pink margins, don't know if the pics do it justice.

More to come...

post-846-1210134024_thumb.jpg

post-846-1210134043_thumb.jpg

post-846-1210134119_thumb.jpg

post-846-1210134722_thumb.jpg

post-846-1210134762_thumb.jpg

post-846-1210134954_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kenny Blister

Dry a flower and smoke it with cannabis. Just make sure it's 1 flower or less... NEVER ingest this plant by any other means, it is deadly. NEVER smoke more than 1 flower.

Edited by Teotz'

Perhaps you could look at leonotis leonurus, if you haven't already.

Beautiful flowers though,

peace,

Mind

Dry a flower and smoke it with cannabis. Just make sure it's 1 flower or less... NEVER ingest this plant by any other means, it is deadly. NEVER smoke more than 1 flower.

I'm almost 100% sure there are species of brugmansia that have no alkaloids in the flowers. Smoke the leaves if you're gonna do that.

Pic 1: B. candida x insignis - Probably my favourite at the moment along with...

Pic 2: B. 'strawberry cream' - Huge flowers that stay closed during the day and open very wide at night.

Pic 3: B. 'tantra' - Lovely apricot glow, some flowers developing second petals on the inside. This is only a small plant (0.5m high) at the moment but still with lots of flowers.

post-846-1210291975_thumb.jpg

post-846-1210291987_thumb.jpg

post-846-1210291995_thumb.jpg

maybe you should stop giving advice if its of this quality,no i'm not going to tell u what u should have said,but this is dumb and should not be given any value !

t s t .

• Like 1

maybe you should stop giving advice if its of this quality,no i'm not going to tell u what u should have said,but this is dumb and should not be given any value !

t s t .

Yeah I agree, that poster is one of the people that probably knows jack shit about tropanes and just spouts what he hears from others. I see it a lot around the forums.

dscn2093cz0.th.jpg

yellow insignis,

dscn1859rt2.th.jpg

white arborea [has a single seedpod ~ is it going to finish it?]

as some folks ID'ed them here in Corroboree, thanks

I am having my third kind of brugs flowering for their first time. They're pink. Will be posting pics too :)

Guest Øskorei

mutant.. flowering brugs bound by so small a pot? That's amazing. Well at least by the standards of my shitty pot bound brugs, that cry for life each day of their existence.

Heh, as long as we're posting our Brug pron:

post-3181-1210953184_thumb.jpg

arborea is the only self fertilizing brug so you may get a pod....a flower can pollenate itself.

brugs grow ok in pots if 1/3 of the soil is removed and replaced each year and enough food is given.

t s t .

Very nice FM and mutant, spread the brug love :wub:

I've got a B. aurea, which for the second season in a row has barely flowered. I think it produced one flower last year, and as yet, has only produced one flower this year (which got damaged :( ). I doubt it is a nutrient problem, all plants have been receiving the same copious amount. Any ideas?

Thanks, these white arboreas are one of my first plants actually. Their flowering was last September, and I also had one more recently. No soil change, just som feeding from time to time.

arborea is the only self fertilizing brug so you may get a pod....a flower can pollenate itself.

Nice to know, thanks... I do have one pod in one of the arboreas... for a long time.... it's becoming brown this period.

====

As I said I have another species flowering these days, a pink one, also propagated from cutting, so I went to see how it looks like before posting, since yesterday it looked more like yellow/orange to pink and I had begun to wonder if I had mixed the cuttings. To my delight, the flowers are taking their final shape today, so here they are:

dscn2676al1.th.jpg

Any idea what kind of brugmansia is it??

Edited by mutant

yr pod should be ripening if its turning brown,keep an eye on it as it should split and all the seeds fall on the ground.........takes 4 to 6 months for pod to ripen.

t s t .

Thanks mate. Good to know as well... It is indeed something like 5-6 months sinbce it appeared. And I am keeping an eye on it, yeah

Any idea what kind of brugmansia is it??

LOL, with so many pink cultivars out there it's hard to say. Kinda looks like 'pink favourite' or 'strawberry cream', both of which have massive flowers when fully open.

my guess is some complex hybrid.....sauveolens/versicolour/[insignis]......sauveolens hybrid?

you could check a brug classification key.....there is one here somewhere.

t s t .

Here are my Jamie hybrids,the pod itsel grew on an annamed multihybrid that lacked the green flower ribs seen above and became almost red in the heat.

It also had attractive twizzled bits at the end of the petals and never malformed emerging from the calyx.

What these will be is anyone guess,update when they bloom.

jamiehotpinkhybridzb8.th.jpg

Loving the diversity.

Well done Garbage :)

Here's ours...

Such an amazingly beautiful tree.. All my life i've noticed them around and felt there was someting special about them, like a last remant of fairly land..

When my mother saw i was becoming interested in plants she told me it was like a datura and never to even think about ingesting.. Any truth to this?

A plant for me to research further perhaps..

Such an amazingly beautiful tree.. All my life i've noticed them around and felt there was someting special about them, like a last remant of fairly land..

When my mother saw i was becoming interested in plants she told me it was like a datura and never to even think about ingesting.. Any truth to this?

A plant for me to research further perhaps..

your mother is right!

leave this plant to experiment with for much later, or perhaps never.

yeh, nature provides many other avenues of learning. once i had to help a few mates through a datura session, lets just say i was glad to be on the sober side of that odessesy freak out. But as soon as i have a garden, it has a brug B)