The Corroboree
Coquero

B. Caapi / P. Viridis maturity

Just wondering if these two plants need to reach a certain age before being "useable"?

For example, would some large two year old plants be old enough?

two is really marginal... better just to wait...three is when they are matue and when people in the amazon begin using the plants... also, as I recall, it mentions in the bible where god commands that you shouldn't begin picking fruits off trees until they are three years of age also!

Julian.

Edited by lsdreamz

1/2 kilo of caapi leaf and twig (one years growth) and 30 viridis leaves picked in the morning, made for an extremely insightful and healing first time brew for my friend while he was in sth america.

the leaf and twig he used was the leftovers from propagating, twig to small and thin to use as propagation material.

was amazing he said.

duration of trip was around 5 hrs with heavy sedation for a following3 hrs (from the caapi no doubt)

apparently the caapi was slow boiled over 2 days, with a little apple cider vinegar and a little lemon juice, keeping topping up with fresh water as the volume reduced over the 2 days, then finally strained and reduced to a skullable amount.

theviridis leaf went through the same process, though over 1/1/2 days, prolly overkill, however the 'entities', he said to me over the phone, said he made it perfectly and where very happy with his first attempt!!

so yeah next time u prop dont check z leftovers on the compost! ucan get a very workable, healing brew from one years caapi growth, if u have enough.

mind u caapi materials used where from the 'black' and 'gold' varietys so may be quite potent unto themselves.

If I recall correctly jono, you mentioned your friend saying something about the plant being about as old as Julian recommends, even if the growth used was only a year old.

as I recall, it mentions in the bible where god commands that you shouldn't begin picking fruits off trees until they are three years of age also!

So religion really can be relevant!

So religion really can be relevant!

Nah, It's a fluke :lol:

aswell, "waiting" or patience is a very good teacher! aswell, if you care for a plant for an extended periode of time one sort of connects (forms a relationship) with it, which definately makes a big difference, once you take the next step.

however, even young plants would contain actives in appreciative levels, and nothing stopps (apart from legal issues depending wher you reside) you from rolling some old (or better, dried, green) caapi leaves into a joint and puffing it.

smoking caapi leaves and bark is a good methode to get a feel for this material, and on top is an excelent treatment against depression or sadness. i guess, julians opinon would be that smoking a caapi joint, will hardly give you any effects, but than some people's active dose's seem to be much lower than julians.

i have smoked aswell viridis leaves and had some good, but mild effects from this, and in return for sharing, got ridiculed by the people of the aya forum, claiming viridis is not active if pyrolised, but i tell you it can be!!

the next step would be to try a fat joint, containing both plants, or a caapi joint smoked leisurly, followed by a viridis joint or bong, with the aim to take big and deep inhalations.

proper cureing might be an important factor aswell, as with proper cured material, you might fit 3 times as many leaves into the same cone as with poorly cured material.