The Corroboree
Teotzlcoatl

Cactus Problem

Hi, everybody, my name is Teotz....maybe you've heard of me?

This is my first post here...

I've got a bit of a problem...

Why is my cactus discolored?

I thought it might be to much light...

Can anybody help me?

uhh129.jpg

uhh134-1.jpg

Thanks- Teotz

(*Edit*- This was my VERY FIRST post made at the Corroboree! It was made in Oct. 2007!!!)

Edited by Teotz'

Hi Teoz, are you famous or why should i have heard from you? :-)

The color of the cactus looks good but the Pup might have a small infection. I´m not sure as i cant see where the change in color starts. It´spossible that you´ll have to cut it off if it fouls. bye Eg

Edited by Evil Genius

So you have heard of me?

It has began to change color over the whole pup now, and has started to slightly blacken, but it remains firm; and doesnt move if i poke it.

What should I do?

Here's another pic-

uhh130.jpg

And input would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Teotz'

Hi teotz, not yet but now i know you. I´d leave it there untill something happens. If it´s getting worse, you can still cut it off. If you´d cut it off now, you´d definately lose the pup! If you leave it there, there is a chance that it survives. I dont think that the rest of the cactus gets infected if you leave it there. If it gets soft and slimy, cut it away! bye Eg

Ya thanks for bringing that up.

Can anybody help me with the cactus.

Thanks E.G.

-Teotz'

Just get it out in the sun and stop worrying too much.

yeah man dont stress! thats nothing? put it in the sun man, seriously that is so nothing to worry about!! the more u gay a cactus up the more likely its gonna die.

so u r the guy in the cenrefold of myoctober edition of psychadelic ass fisters? i hear ur shooting next with IB, i am really looking forward to that!! if so its an absolute pleasure to meet u,

do u want to come fishing this weekend? i know this dude called foolsbreath and hes a big fan of urs as well, will u sign our ass?

What the hell are you talking about?

Hi Teotz, I know you from the nook. You should understand immediately that we follow a very similar if not identical standard of posting, courtesy between members, etcetera.

If you are here simply because your past behavior has made you unwelcome at the nook then please do not repeat the same kind of actions over here.

Your cactus is fine.

salutations Teotz', are you the nooker who OD'd on kanna? well nearly did...

Enjoy your stay :)

jono jono jono, you're a classic, a card! If there was a smiley that depicted me dieing on the floor from the affliction of hilarity, I would be using it, so will use the LOL instead :lol: your a cunny funt and you crack me up!

CT that wouldn't suprise me mate, that Teotz' guy is almost as annoying as fungus gnats in the cactus pots, or maybe moreso?

~PEACE~

:bootyshake:

Edited by Phosphene_Dream

Teotz, got yourself one of those bluing T. cuzcoensis that people have been hawking off to chumps. Just put 'em in shade and they turn blue as Hell. :bootyshake::bootyshake:

Teotz, got yourself one of those bluing T. cuzcoensis that people have been hawking off to chumps. Just put 'em in shade and they turn blue as Hell. :bootyshake::bootyshake:

Just messing with you. Beautiful T. peruvian. Peace.

It is an infection of Pisspooria karmagenesis IMHO :scratchhead::rolleyes:

Well I cut it off, this guy from another site told me too...he said it would speard, so I didn't risk it...

Here's some pics of my set-up ~

uhh126.jpg

uhh124.jpg

uhh123.jpg

I got 3 wooden sticks holding up 3 really shitty lights between a washing-machine and a window, pretty nice huh? :rolleyes:

Here's my T. Bridgessi monstrose

pics111.jpg

pics112.jpg

pics116.jpg

And here's a pup off that cactus grafted to a Trichocereus root-stock-

uhh138.jpg

uhh137.jpg

Edited by Teotz'

Here's what my T. peruvianus should look like-

pics119.jpg

pics110.jpg

pics109.jpg

pics108.jpg

Hope y'all enjoy the pics...

-Teotz

P.S.- Can everybody stop being so sarcastic, my goal here is to not foster any drama....

thanks folks for pointing out the problems teotz caused at the nook. The mods are now aware and will make sure this does not happen here. That said, I somehow don't think it is fair to not give him a chance though.

Teotz, please consider that the global ethnobotanic community is relatively small and ... well, global. You crap in your nest in one corner of it and the smell follows you to the other corner. You can't escape it - especially since many of us are also members at the nook and edot. Moving to another forum doesn't give you a clean slate, so you will simply have to deal with the fact that you've pissed some people off and they are not going to like you here. Given your history the mods and admin will keep a close eye on you and will NOT give you the same leeway afforded to other noobs. I have a very short fuse these days when it comes to trolls.

Now, everyone, give this guy a break and if any issues arise PM me straight away with a link or 'report post' [and don't bait or get baited]. Similarly, teotz, if you feel you are being treated unfairly then PM me with the details. I am not going to have the nook dramas spill over to here regardless of who is bringing them.

Your collection dosent look very happy Teotz, I am curious, why are most of your tips cut off, lots of disease/fungal problems or are you trying to inititate pupping or something?

All I want is for the drama to stop.

Most of them are cut off because I like to multiply my cacti and root tips...

And sometimes I eat them. :blush:

Only the T. brigesii and T. peruvianus were cut due to problems.

going out on a limb here, but if salvia and cacti are growing together and the salvia looks -ok- than i am assuming the cacti probably don't have enough light. and if your bridg had fungus problems i will again assume its cause lack of light. my bridgesii go all kinds of fucked up when the clouds rll in come summer (dark and humid).

just a thought.

that said, what are you using for lights? ain't nothing wrong with ghetto setups, as long as they are adequate for the plants. a 400w HID in between your washing machine and a 400w HID hanging from a $2000 shelf is still a 400w HID.

teotz, looks like ur growing indoors? do u have air flow?

cacti really need airflow, so if its fungal problems ur experiencing, maybee introduce a fan to ur grow room and cut back on watering for a bit.

if u can put ur cacati out in the sun (maybee just morning,arvo sun to begin with, dont know how theyd adjust coming out from under lights, though id say they will be fine)

sunlight is a great fungicide/antibacterial.

airflow and humidity may be ur problem if funal/bacterial problems exist.

maybee add a bit of gypsum to ur soil mix for strengthening cell walls.

I think your right kadakuda..

I have only seen discolouration in a cacti like that when they were left indoors without adequate light for extensive periods of time..

In the first pic you posted with the salvia cuttings looks to me that the cactus on the left and far right have stretched heaps due to the fact that you are growing these plants (and it is my guess this is why all tips have been removed) using (judging by the next photo) a blue (and probibly red) incandescent bulb :BANGHEAD2: Dude those plants are screaming light!! Man if you are going to leave your plants there and want them to live a happy life you should buy, like kadakuda said, a HID lamp which couldn't possibly set you back more than 200$..

I feel that bad for your plants i even found you 1 on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/600W-Grow-light-kit...1QQcmdZViewItem

that you can buy which would probably put out enough light for all those plants to be happy with..

Dude a fluro would provide a better spectrum of light than an incandescent christmas light coloured blue and red!!!

Correct me if im wrong but in that pic under the 1 wit the sally cuts that looks like exactly what you are using, the one above shows me that your cacti are stretching because on insufficient light and that's why the tips have been removed, and man ive heard of ghetto setups before but i think Santa would laugh if he heard your trying to grow plant's with Christmas lights!! I know i did, and even if they aren't Christmas lights, they obviously aren't designed to grow plants in such a large space as that!

Peace

Edited by JustAskSally

i dont agree with the lack of light. if they were growing in inadequate light t to my mind the plants would be growing 'etoliated' guess it depends how long theyve been under the lights. the plants look very healthy.

i do think however the problems are caused by lack of airflow. my 2c.

but yeah id move em outside if u can anyways, u dont need a light set up for these.

good luck teotz.