The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Torsten

WARN Level

I have enabled a new feature in this forum which allows moderators to warn members. this makes it easier for the various moderators to keep track of who is causing problems and who is not. we found that trolls are very crafty at pushing their limits in one forum, then moving onto the next etc. Often the mod don't communicate about that and many mods don't read all forums.

This system is non discriminatory as each member can only see their own warn level. However, the mods and admin can see all warn levels. There are five warnings before you get barred. You can get all 5 in one day. Moderators can simply add a warn level for every time they have to intervene.

Some folks still think that trolling adds to the forum community, while in fact it just makes it more difficult for the moderators. This tool will prevent mods getting users confused or even forgetting about their previous problems.

All warn meters have a green and a red spot, which indicate 0 and 5 respectively. Your warn level will be displayed between these. If you only have the two dots then you have no warning.

Members who feel they have been unfairly warned can lodge a protest with me via PM, but be aware that I have full confidence in the mods and will only override their decision in extreme circumstances.

MODERATORS - to warn simply click the red square. if you made a mistake and want to reduce the warn level then click the green one. DO NOT unwarn levels set by other moderators!!

The system is set up so that you can put members into mod queue [all of that member's new posts need to be approved before becoming visible] and a few other tools. I guess you'll work it out as you start using the system. Feel free to just click a square cos no change is made until the NEXT screen. This lets you explore the interface a bit without actually having to warn someone.

[this system will eliminate the sin bin group of P-Members - once I get around to making the changes]

Hey torst rev is the moderator for seed and plant ex no?

Hey torst rev is the moderator for seed and plant ex no?

well, kinda. normally if someone goes off line for a few weeks I just take over until they get back. But it's been several months now, so I was just tossing up other options today. For all intents and purposes the exchange mod is me at the moment.

If that fails we'll have to brake out the ol' Troll Spray, lol

post-1054-1172818266_thumb.jpg

my warn bar says 0%, yet I have 5 blue squares... as opposed to the red and green, can u please clarify for me torsten?

Guessing the square/s will light up when you get your warning/s shroomy.. 0% = faded sqaures :)

Guessing the square/s will light up when you get your warning/s shroomy.. 0% = faded sqaures :)

sweet

what exactly is a troll?

im not sure of what it is that might get me into trouble :scratchhead:

LOL sometimes my sense of humour is different to others :P

EDIT~

all good i found it out.. An internet troll is...

Edited by transDiMenTional

That´s interesting. I always thought that Trolls would be these funny guys from LORD OF THE RINGS. You live and learn. :rolleyes:

bye EG

That´s interesting. I always thought that Trolls would be these funny guys from LORD OF THE RINGS. You live and learn. :rolleyes:

bye EG

nah thats Elijah Wood

:unsure:

That´s interesting. I always thought that Trolls would be these funny guys from LORD OF THE RINGS. You live and learn. rolleyes.gif

bye EG

Nah, those are hobbits, and prefer a quiet and peaceful existance.

They do however dislike trolls!

and like pipe weed

I'd dare say there are many hobbits here, more hobbits than trolls anyway i hopes

im so confused as to how this works, where are these green and red squares?

I am trying to get one of the mods to give me feedback on this, but none have. I can't check if the warn system is visible to the mods or not unless they tell me so. I presume from what you are saying that you can't see it?

it should be fixed now

sorry didnt say somthingmyself, working fine now it looks

EDIT: No works fine sorry :)

Edited by apothecary

warn me and see if it works!!!

seeing as you are one of the reason I investigated this option, all I can say is: your wish is my command :P