The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Tripitaka

caapi variants

Im trying to compile the information I am researching on caapi variants.

This is just an initial working guide that will be changed as information becomes available.

Please add what you can!

Caupuri Rosário

Pará/Brazil (state near the Amazon´s mouth).

Center Lat./Lon: -2.85 degrees, -54.95 degrees, elevation 50m.

very pronounced nodes

yields a tea of darker color than other sub-species (found in

Ourinhos

"Little Gold "

Ourinhos is a municipality/county in the state of São Paulo in Brazil. the area is 296.89 km² The elevation is 483 m.

Ourinhos vine is used in most of the official ceremonies of the Santo Daime, Uniao do vegetal and Barquinha churches in Brazil.

Apparently, all the ayahuasca churches in Brazil uses Ourinhos caapi

Cielo (sky) or yellow caapi/ ayahuasca amarilla

P1010039.jpg

P1010038.jpg

4 year od vine cross sections

Peru

Often has seven sections when viewed in cross-section.

Probably the most commonly used variety.

This is the type of ayahuasca most commonly used in contemporary mestizo curanderismo in Amazonian Perú where it is widely cultivated. It is a relatively gentle but powerful healing plant capable of vivid and highly transformative visions.

Cielo Ayahuasca is considered to be the best type of ayahuasca for initiation.

Black caapi ayahuasca trueno/ ayahuasca negra

Often has five sections when viewed in cross-section.

Ayahuasca negra this type of Ayahuasca provokes strong purge and physical shaking.

should be taken only by those experienced with the medicine.

Trueno (Thunder) caapi

White caapi

ayahuasca blanca - white ayahuasca

This type of ayahuasca is used primarily in magic, both white (benevolent) and red ( = black or harmful)

Red caapi

Ayahuasca colorada is a very strong shamanic medicine taken almost exclusively by shamans themselves to facilitate healing of others.

ayahuasca cascabel - rattle ayahuasca.

This is an incredibly powerful strain which takes one completely out of body with extraordinary visions of a wild and untamed character. Cascabel is pure unadulturated jungle magic and perhaps the strongest of all "kinds" of ayahuasca.

Edited by Tripitaka
  • Like 1

that is great tipitaka. i look forward to this thread expanding.

what is the most common variant in australia, i would guess it is celio, but it woudl be good to know as most of us have it in our gardens.

one day i would love to haev a garden full of all the different colours

what is the most common variant in australia

I have no idea, will be good to get some sort of consensus!

The original strain that I obtained was from Medicine Garden in the late 90's. I have no idea what Steve was offering or how long it was in the country prior to this! Anyone else know?

The original strain that I obtained was from Medicine Garden in the late 90's. I have no idea what Steve was offering or how long it was in the country prior to this! Anyone else know?

nice info tripitaka,

do you remember if the cutting you gave me was from the medicine garden strain (therefore the strain is unknown?)?

do you remember if the cutting you gave me was from the medicine garden strain (therefore the strain is unknown?)?

That was the one Alice! Not sure of which varient Steve was selling though, however will try to find out.

There seems to be a bit of confusion with some of the strains out there. I talked to Gom and he couldn't recall where he obtained the varients offered by him and their naming other than:

Aya Church??

Vigorous??

Now I am still confused here. Are they the same with attributes ascribed to a particular varient or two distinct varients?

It was however mentioned that Rev may be able to shed some light on the matter? White??

Edited by Tripitaka

i believe i asked once and was told cielo was the medicine garden and sab strain.

Guest Warrioe-Sage
I'm almost sure you have these strains, but just in case .. this vendor sells three caapi strains:

http://www.greenmangardens.net/Shop/index....aba1d4c03fc8981

Regards,

wolf

I see thats a US shop, Is it okay to order from them to Australia ? Is there any places or PPL in Australia that sell different strains ?

I am hoping to plant different strains before spring.

They ship worldwide

I expect that they aren't around... but maybe in a few decades... caapi hybrids.

• Like 1

Guest Warrioe-Sage
They ship worldwide

Message from Greenman Gardens WebShop

Hi,

Unfortunately it is nearly impossible to get live plants to Australia. Your government has, by far, the most stringent policies regarding importation of plants and plant material. I have successfully shipped seeds there, but never a live plant. The first time I tried to send plants to Australia, customs kept them in quaranteen and then gassed them with something so potent it killed the plants. All of that and they still charged the buyer a tarriff and a fee for fumigation and passed the dead sticks on to him. I have tried a couple of other times since then with no better results. So, while I state that I will ship anywhere, I certainly don't recommend that Aussies attempt it.

Sorry,

Kevin

This is a little bit off topic, sorry. Has anyone here growing caapi managed to get theirs to flower? Mine has never and I'm in a subtropical environment. If yours has flowered, where are you and did it set seed? If so, was the seed viable and how were the plants?

I think I'm gonna buy these three different strains, so I'm very sure what I'm dealing with. The first people I'm gonna think of will be the o ......(edit, sorry man....). I'll only charge shipping because it's stupid they might never get to you and you'll have to pay. Just be nice to me the next coming months -_-

Edited by planthelper

list updated!

rattle ayahuasca, that soudns awesome, where did you read about this one? i know i keep saying it but i wish there were more variants around australia, if you got other variants please make them more available, lets get it growing guys.

Here

I heard that there was a Dean Jeffries strain going around. Is anyone growing it??

Here here Hebs I echo your sentiments!!

Top post has been edited to include cross-sections of 4 year old cielo/yellow caapi as included below.

P1010038.jpg

I noticed that with the fresh harvested sections, small lengths can be used as a straw.

The first sips with water provided a sweet taste.

This may be a good way to filter/prepare the brew for oral dosing.

that's excellent; thanks so much guys, a great thread.

thanks so much for the cross sections tripi.

awesome man

love seeing caapi.

Pedigree of my surviving vines

i got my strain rom Gom

Gom got his strain from me

in the meantime i lost mine

I got mine from SAB

2. Sourced from Teonan

3. Sourced from Guruna

i would imagin ethey are all synonymous with MG/SAB = Cielo

the pictures up there certainly match the strong yellow pigmenting and spicy taste and aroma of the fresh cambium

mmmmm if only it were legal to eat it

since this time seed has come on the market

incl the ourinhos

some have germianted it but not me as ive only just come back into the tropical collecting game in the last 6 months after a 2 years on the sidelines

Im trying to compile the information I am researching on caapi variants.

This is just an initial working guide that will be changed as information becomes available.

Please add what you can!

Caupuri Rosário

Pará/Brazil (state near the Amazon´s mouth).

Center Lat./Lon: -2.85 degrees, -54.95 degrees, elevation 50m.

very pronounced nodes

yields a tea of darker color than other sub-species (found in

Pictures : banisteriopsis caapi fo. caupuri; "Caupuri-Rosário" strain , From Belém do Pará, eastern brazilian amazon :

post-16308-0-91292800-1431897900_thumb.j

post-16308-0-03469500-1431897934_thumb.j

post-16308-0-43314400-1431898092_thumb.j

post-16308-0-91292800-1431897900_thumb.jpg

post-16308-0-03469500-1431897934_thumb.jpg

post-16308-0-43314400-1431898092_thumb.jpg

post-16308-0-91292800-1431897900_thumb.jpg

post-16308-0-03469500-1431897934_thumb.jpg

post-16308-0-43314400-1431898092_thumb.jpg

• Like 5