The Corroboree
teonanacatl

plants containing cannabinoids

anyone know of any besides MJ that contain cannabinols, tetrahydrocanabinols etc and which ones they contain?

Virola theiodora [DMT,5MD,b,r,l,f]

- Origin: Manaus Brazil (dry plant material)

Bark:

- DMT 0.130%

- 5-Meo-DMT 0.110%

- 6-MeO-THC 0.010%

Taken from ayahusca analogues. As far as I'm concerned that's a sufficient quantity to allow extraction and refinement, if one were so inclined?

I new some guys from serbia in Adelaide who used to get a hash sent over that was not made from MJ, but was suprisingly similar? always thought it might have been a scuttelaria extract/resin, but really not sure :huh:

6-meo-THC is a tetrahydro-beta-carboline. i did a quick search for THC containing plants but couldnt find any.

oh :blush: my bad, I was always quite excited about that, you just burst my long blown bubble Teo

I believe I've researched this before and didn't find squat. Although, I do recall finding an interesting cannabis plant once that was quite novel called australian bastard cannabis that might still be worth a look see.

http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/1651.html

http://www.hg420.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=250&cat=500

...... could prolly grow that sucker at a police station and nobody would know better.

Edited by Andy the Great Something

ABC is the one that has no actives I believe...there is a hybrid cross of ABC done by a dude who went by 'ferret' online (not our ferret, I know, I asked :P) ...same inconspicous appearance but also rather potent :wink:

Seeds were meant to come out and blow the market away but I never heard about it again...

I'd post links to photos but dunno where to look after OG went down :(

Have read reports that abc by itself produces an unremarkable high but was active, just not very. A cross was supposed to be the next step, but your right, never heard anything else about it after the initial hoopla. Still...... abc hash? I believe I recall reading that the strain was a forced mutation rather than anything natural. Something about giberelic acid soaked seeds or something. It's been a while since I looked into it.

Edited by Andy the Great Something

ok so its ok to presume that cannabinoids in any plant other then cannabis are rare. sweet, oh so interesting.....

Do I smell some breakthrough find Teo???

Taken from 'Hemp for Health' by Chris Conrad.

While research develops new data on cannabinoids and anandamide, recent studies also found that cannabis resin is not the only source of cannabinoids. Three such compounds have now been identified in chocolate. In a statement released by the Neuroscience Institute in San Diego, researcher Daniele Piomelli conjectured that these compounds may "participate in the subjective feelings associated with eating chocolate." Other researchers warn that such conclusions are premature because there is no evidence that chocolates cannabinoids stay in the body long enough or occur in high enough concentrations to be of any significance.

A spokesperson for the Institute of Mental Health estimated that a person would have to ingest the equivalent of 20 percent of their total body weight in chocolate at one sitting to get any psychoactive effect, which means they would get physically sick long before they felt any euphoria.

Cannabis, therefore, clearly remains the best source of natural cannabinoids. Still, this raises important questions about where our bodies get the compounds necessary for our physical and mental health, and how food plays a role in maintaining our chemical balance. And watch out; one day PDFA may target Hershey’s, rather than pot, as the stepping-stone drug for kids.

Edited by prier

any structures found? i do a search at uni.

Do I smell some breakthrough find Teo???

haha its prolly just the stuff im cooking:P

Have read reports that abc by itself produces an unremarkable high but was active, just not very. A cross was supposed to be the next step, but your right, never heard anything else about it after the initial hoopla. Still...... abc hash? I believe I recall reading that the strain was a forced mutation rather than anything natural. Something about giberelic acid soaked seeds or something. It's been a while since I looked into it.

I remember ABC is a natural mutant but also that the plant it was crossed with to make the ferret strain was indeed a gibrellic acid induced mutagen.

that ABC strain is very cool i must admit :) Cannabis australis lol sweet. i think i could easily get into growing cannabis just for the breeding.

i think i could easily get into growing cannabis just for the breeding.

Breeding Cannabis plants is more addictive than growing Trichs :P

So addictive I had to stop before I got myself into some serious trouble.

I believe I've researched this before and didn't find squat. Although, I do recall finding an interesting cannabis plant once that was quite novel called australian bastard cannabis that might still be worth a look see.

http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/1651.html

http://www.hg420.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=250&cat=500

...... could prolly grow that sucker at a police station and nobody would know better.

That thing looks like a fukin conifer, wot the hell.

yeah ive seen this abc strain growing as a pot plants on somebodies front porch- freaked me out no end

when i saked the owner about he replied 'O that thing. yeah they turn up all the time'

this is nth coast NSW

How long has ABC been around?

When I was in High School, a backyard business associate gave me a small bag of something he called "Bindi Weed" as a free sample. He said it was a strain made to avoid easy detection and looked kind of like a Bindi Weed from a distance. The buds were very small and the leaves were almost identical to the leaves in the ABC article. It definitely got you stoned but tasted like dirt and was pretty weak. It wasn't all that pleasant and I rejected all future offers for this stuff. Although I remember a mate getting a heap of it off him for cheap and I had the displeasure of sharing this with him on several occasions. I always assumed later that it must have just been some crap weed and couldn't possibly exist. I wonder if it was this ABC?

There's another interesting twist to this story. This business associate used to obtain the bulk of his 'wares' from a certain individual that liked to frequent (and divert wayward travellers toward) the belanglo state forest.

I have long been intriqued by ABC.

Sorry to say no experience with it.

But you can get anything if you look long enough on the internet.

Heres a patent on the use of a deactivator of the degredation enzyme [anandamide amidase] for naturally occuring brain ananamide.

A different approach to increasing ananamide.

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect

2=HITOFF&p=1&u=/netahtml/search-bool.html&r=3&f=

G&l=50&co1=AND&d=ptxt&s1=ananamide&OS=

ananamide&RS=ananamide

:One embodiment of the present invention is directed to a method of inhibiting anandamide amidase in an individual or animal. The inhibition of anandamide amidase results in increased levels of anandamide in the individual or animal, thereby causing increased stimulation of cannabinoid receptors in the individual or animal, e.g., the CB1 receptor in the brain and the CB2 receptor in the spleen. Thus, the present invention is also a method of stimulating cannabinoid receptors in an individual or animal. It is to be understood that the present invention can also be used to stimulate receptors not yet discovered for which anandamide and/or a cannabinoid acts as an agonist. :

don't forget a solitary genuine male flower on a female plant will produce all female seeds!!

ya dont want ABC, ya want dizzy. looks nothing like what it should :)

the "dizzy" strain : http://www.hg420.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=250&cat=500

some supposed information on this:

The other is a strain called Dizzy that is owned by FET. It too is very heavily mutated and looks nothing like the normal dope plants we know. But it can only grow in the tropics and nowhere else. It's potency is very high and it grows like a vine in shape.

what the hell is FET?

if i was going to grow cannabis, it would be this strain. if i was in the tropics :)

" But it can only grow in the tropics and nowhere else."

excuse my scepticism

purely tropical planst are that because they love constant warmth or humidity

cannais doesn t do this

in fact it moulds if too humid

theother things is daylength and being in the tropics makes plants daylength insensistive

as it sist i see no reason why any wee could not be gow outside the tropics

you get fed a lot of shit in amateur plant cultivation circles

just today i was told of man eating size carnivorous plants in the everglades

ill give anything a chance butr the burden of proof is something that can lie on either side and is increasingly easier to define as time goes on

maybe only if you arent stoned ;)

These "new" special strains are nothing special.When I was younger,

20 years ago or so,these things used to pop up every now and then(naturally occuring).

They were always the same sort of thing,pretty well identical to abc,I

think they were almost always inferior to the standard.We,d all comment

on what it,d be like to breed it into something good but nobody ever bothered.

Im sure i,m not alone in this experience as I,ve heard this from many old growers.

Another one is the ducksfoot.

Think you are right, might as well be busted for highly potent weed

then not as it about weight not potency.

Same penalty.