The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F***ing government

How generous allowing Australian youth to use their superannuation to pay their hex fees (sarcasm)

Why the F*** is the government constantly raising education fees, and why are students being charged interest on those fees. Yet when you talk to a lecturer they are constantly complaining about how the government is cutting their funding. Eg halving the number of tutors and phd demonstrators while the fees keep rising.

Im so fed up with being charged over a $1000 per subject, then turning up to the lab to find out i have to perform group work because the uni cant afford to provide every student with a piece of equipment that cost approximately a tenth of the course fee. Its also extremely frustrating that im being charged such a massive fee, only to be told, you need to go buy this book that costs another 200. Shouldn't course material eg textbooks be provided.

I get it, the majority of our government got free education, they got to graduate without a massive debt and start saving super for their retirement.

How many uni students have actually got super saved anyway? After working fulltime for 4 years, and being under employed for another 4 years before starting uni, the super ive managed to earn will be lucky to cover a third of my hex.

So i struggle to see, who is going to benefit from being able to use their super to pay hex

another pointless policy being put forward by F***ing idiots :wave-finger:

F***ing government

How generous allowing Australian youth to use their superannuation to pay their hex fees (sarcasm)

Why the F*** is the government constantly raising education fees, and why are students being charged interest on those fees. Yet when you talk to a lecturer they are constantly complaining about how the government is cutting their funding. Eg halving the number of tutors and phd demonstrators while the fees keep rising.

Im so fed up with being charged over a $1000 per subject, then turning up to the lab to find out i have to perform group work because the uni cant afford to provide every student with a piece of equipment that cost approximately a tenth of the course fee. Its also extremely frustrating that im being charged such a massive fee, only to be told, you need to go buy this book that costs another 200. Shouldn't course material eg textbooks be provided.

I get it, the majority of our government got free education, they got to graduate without a massive debt and start saving super for their retirement.

How many uni students have actually got super saved anyway? After working fulltime for 4 years, and being under employed for another 4 years before starting uni, the super ive managed to earn will be lucky to cover a third of my hex.

So i struggle to see, who is going to benefit from being able to use their super to pay hex

another pointless policy being put forward by F***ing idiots :wave-finger:

i am not well informed on this subject, though does it mean if one had enough super annuation to pay their uni fees, would one gain a tax benefit??? I.e. super paid from your employer to your super account is taxed less, once transferred to your hecs debt does it incur further tax?? If this is the case I guess they are looking at educating yourself an investment, which as a mature age student may be a benefit??? obviously not a benefit for the youngens....

Im really not certain on the details, i just heard a 1 minute news clip and had a rant.

Every time i hear the news it leaves me feeling ranty, i really need to avoid it

Im really not certain on the details, i just heard a 1 minute news clip and had a rant.

Every time i hear the news it leaves me feeling ranty, i really need to avoid it

It's a complicated issue. I can understand why both government and the private sector wants to hike prices on HEFS. It's a massive part of the Australian economy--which is, despite the popular belief that Australia is a farm and quarry exporter, mostly a service economy. It has upsides and downsides. Our HECS bases system is still markedly better than the student loans modicum getting around in the US an UK.

As a student of law, I can live with it because well....I will do very well, ultimately.But yeah, if you were doing a BS or something, it's got to be a real kick in the guts, because science pays fucking abysmally in this country. It's actually one of the biggest, and certainly the most under reported problems in postgraduate employment. Especially when you look at some of the payscales in pathology, which is serious work with a massive amount of responsibility tethered to it (if mistakes are made, people die). To put this into perspective, my stepbrother's close friend has a pretty serious role at the QIMR and earns less money than my stepbrother who manages a Woolworths meat department.There's something horribly wrong with that. It's a situation we should all be collectively ashamed of.

I'm doing a master of Health Economics. As it is the 2 year course will bring me up to my 100K limit, when the first 4 years undergraduate only cost 30K.

Having said that if I land a job in the field I should graduate on 80K or more.

fucken cant post links, cant copy and paste text, all this is apparently due to the fact that my email is Hotmail? sounds a bit odd. I wouldn't think I was crazy to think theres some kind of conspiracy. its pretty basic to copy and paste links and text, the fucks going on??

If you all hate me and am someones trying to limit my activity on here it'd be fucken nice to be told about it.

fucken cant post links, cant copy and paste text, all this is apparently due to the fact that my email is Hotmail? sounds a bit odd. I wouldn't think I was crazy to think theres some kind of conspiracy. its pretty basic to copy and paste links and text, the fucks going on??

If you all hate me and am someones trying to limit my activity on here it'd be fucken nice to be told about it.

whoah, no one hates you man

try and highlight the text, copy using the edit menu and paste to a normal text document

if i works copy from the text document and paste here

can you copy the text from that document and paste it?

Crowd: Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!

[As the chant of "Fight!" continues, sounds of fighting: punches hitting flesh, gasps of pain, groaning. Then, over the top of the fight noises:]

Reith: Look upon this scene with glee!
Hate! Confusion! Anarchy!
All of it is due to me!
O what fools teenagers be!

[suddenly, fanfare and trumpets. Many Asian voices can be heard, shouting and aggressive.]

Quan: Silence all: the Nips have come.

[Awed silence.]

I am leader: call me Quan.
We are here to find the one
Who blamed on Nips things he'd done.

Crowd [quiet, afraid]: Nips! Nips! Nips! Nips!

Quan: All we Nips have heard the tale,
Even from a far Springvale,
How a liar did pretend,
And of one who's now our friend.

Crowd [still quiet]: Nips! Nips! Nips! Nips!

Quan: The Nips are just! Nips are true!
Stand and face us, coward, who
Blamed us for his own false wrongs.
Come out now and face your Wongs.

Crowd: Nips! Nips! Nips! Nips!

Quan: Stand forth, too, he that refused
To let our name be abused.
Which stands proud? Which full of shame?
All you white men look the same.

2Pot: Fuck me dead, I'm outta here.
Nips'll tear me ear from ear.
They're the ones always chasin' ñ
Now they've got to catch Jason.

Crowd: Wuss! Wuss! Wuss! Wuss!

Brendan: Quan, twas I your name preserved.
He has got what he deserved:
Let him run, for I am sure
2Pot Screama is no more.

Quan: We the Nips salute you, Brendan.
This saga, it is now endin'.
The Nips are just; Nips are true ñ
Here's some beer we stole for you.

Crowd [joyful]: Nips! Nips! Nips! Nips!

Quan: Yes, the Nips are friends, so peace ñ
Let now all the fighting cease!
Come, let us adults appall:
Drink up ñ we stole slabs for all!

Crowd: Piss! Piss! Piss! Piss!

[sound of laughter, celebration, partying. This continues, whilst over the top:]

Reith: Curse these teenager ideals!
Fools, you'll soon see how it feels ñ
I'm beat now, but not for good:
Wait till you see adulthood.

[Oblivious, the sound of the teenage party continues. Fade to silence.]

not sure what the problem is, worked for me

over intellectualizing, that's the problem a lot of the time. Thinking 'too hard' can be a bain in your existence. try thinking more relaxed thoughts . socket looks at me heaps with those eyes.

over intellectualizing, that's the problem a lot of the time. Thinking 'too hard' can be a bain in your existence. try thinking more relaxed thoughts . socket looks at me heaps with those eyes.

Given that you spell bane with an I, I don't imagine that's a major problem for you, really.

The turn of phrase is 'bane of (your) existence', BTW.

Let me apologize in advance for this post ; I feel similarly aggrieved and went off on a tangent. This wasn't originally intended.

I don't think there's a conspiracy afoot. This site is very nepotistic however. Unless you're in the clique of those who claim to have unlocked the secrets of the universe through glutting psychotropic fungi and cacti (apparently basic scientific literacy, or just basic literacy, isn't part of this revelation however) you won't get fair play in any kind of dispute.And if you post something that really does objectively tear all this bullshit spiritual hocus pocus ( which are really just feeble rationales offered up by drug addicts as disclaimers for their own addictions) to shreds beyond any rational doubt, that post gets utterly effaced. No doubt that will nettle a bunch of people who read it. I don't give a fuck--I also don't give a fuck about drug use, I'm not the morality police and I drink to get drunk--but I wish these breathers would at least grow a pair and call it what it is, because saying that tryptamine or other alkaloids are 'sacraments' is fucking ridiculous. Just shut the fuck up, and back away from the bongo drum.

This should be inscribed on the banner of the Cooroboree Boards:

'yeah, you know, it just like, is you know? I just can't explain it, but I know it is what it is, man',

Every other thread is a durpathon in this place. FFS.

wow...lol

EDIT - thanks for your further "insight"

I don't care about your longer rant starling, not worth a response, but what's with the shameful insult directed at ethereal drifter? T

In your world, if somebody who picked up English as a second language doesn't write to your standard they are therefore incapable of deep thought?

Given that you spell bane with an I, I don't imagine that's a major problem for you, really.

The turn of phrase is 'bane of (your) existence', BTW.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bain

And if you post something that really does objectively tear all this bullshit spiritual hocus pocus [to shreds]

i'm very interested in this. please "post something that really does objectively tear all this bullshit spiritual hocus pocus ... to shreds"

This should be inscribed on the banner of the Cooroboree Board

Irony is posting to complain about somebody's spelling mistake and misspelling the name of the forum yourself.