The Corroboree
Zen Peddler

First subs of 2012 season

yee i get it, the ones i have seen growin in the pine forests grow fairly long and found a few that were on a rotting tree which had shorter stems

@ tricpach..absolutely, in my experience also, forest dwelling subs reach tall , and the wood chip dwellers grow very short and very chunky.

I took my camera with me on the dog walk earlier today, on the off chance that there would be some P.sub', and sure enough, still pinning away. I will get more pics over the next few days (or before), and start a thread dedicated to pictures of P.subaeruginosa in all their glory (size ,color, stalk thickness, cap variations etc..)

:)

Edited by Amazonian
  • Like 3

awesome - lookin' forward to it.

Well finally, subs on the Central Coast.......

Growing in a mulch of DMT acacias.............

In my backyard, from myceleum I put there 2 yrs ago......

It finally got fucking cold enough !!!!!!!!!!

What a sign from the mushroom gods !

Now its horse poo and a bag of ice each night for my lovelies.

• Like 8

Still no big flushes around wollongong. In the last week I've put 30hrs of hunting under my belt (annual leave) and come back with not even a pin.... Either I'm too early/late, people are pickin everything including pins, not enough rain (70mm in the last week), I'm looking in spaz-head spots or the gods hate me. Done the urban woodchips, walking trails in the bush, offroad gum/rain forests and peoples front yards!

Im meditating hard before i venture out again on Wednesday. Funny thing is I could drive 4.5hrs and have then staring at me, i recently moved and its driving me mad! Haha fun o the game

D00d

I'll just leave this here...

784648405-DSC_6300a.jpg

Still no big flushes around wollongong. In the last week I've put 30hrs of hunting under my belt (annual leave) and come back with not even a pin.... Either I'm too early/late, people are pickin everything including pins, not enough rain (70mm in the last week), I'm looking in spaz-head spots or the gods hate me. Done the urban woodchips, walking trails in the bush, offroad gum/rain forests and peoples front yards!

Im meditating hard before i venture out again on Wednesday. Funny thing is I could drive 4.5hrs and have then staring at me, i recently moved and its driving me mad! Haha fun o the game

D00d

I feel for ya man, I've done that for years too with nothing to show for my efforts except leeches and the odd Amanita.

Other people can't step out of their car without tripping over a patch of them.

Other people can't step out of their car without tripping over a patch of them.

That defines this season for ol' Marcel! And I don't even pick the things!

[Please don't PM me; I'm not at liberty to share my spots!]

Pm'd

Just kidding :lol:

• Like 1

^ He's actually lying. He wants everyone to pm him :P

• Like 1

Subs! 100's of em, quite possibly 1000s! Finally we came across em, located in a carpark garden bed, the one thing that was consistent though is the fact all the subs came from only beds with a particular ornamental grass. They were even growing in the middle of the massive clumps, under 3 foot of folage. A landscaper must have used colonized woodchips when potting them up before distribution? Definatly checking the surrounding grounds containing this grass! pics to come

D00d

• Like 1

nice one d00d! it's great when you finally stumble across that monster patch hey. Pics are always welcomed. Love a good habitat shot. :wink:

My hunt on the weekend was so fruitful that i now have a sore back... found a few new spots, and one monster location in the forests. One of those days where i literally had to drag myself away and walk past specimens or i would have never gone home!

• Like 1

It was a late one, but a freakin' good season. Congrats trich and d00d!

• Like 2

it was a fine weekend in sydney for mycologists.

That's one fantastically fat patch. I went back to the patch I discovered after the heavy rains to find the whole slope and fern area speckled with subs - there would have been easily 1kg worth of subs there.

It's funny how they vary in looks considering they're all one strain!

Edited by benefit

Subs! 100's of em, quite possibly 1000s! Finally we came across em, located in a carpark garden bed, the one thing that was consistent though is the fact all the subs came from only beds with a particular ornamental grass. They were even growing in the middle of the massive clumps, under 3 foot of folage. A landscaper must have used colonized woodchips when potting them up before distribution? Definatly checking the surrounding grounds containing this grass! pics to come

D00d

time for photos; here is patch number one, about 10 mature, meaty beauties (found on decomposed mulch in green house, next to roses... :blush:)

post-9832-0-67260100-1339568078_thumb.jp

post-9832-0-28057300-1339568123_thumb.jp

post-9832-0-10856800-1339568220_thumb.jp

and here is our holy grail (found in a carpark planted with a particular ornamental grass. sorry for only one pick but the rest are shitty quality but you get the drift, this was one section of about 5 i wanted to post!)

post-9832-0-86528300-1339568164_thumb.jp

sorry about the bad photo's, it was night time and i couldnt use the focus and flash together!! Hope these are considered good finds :-P

D00d

edit: took out a dud photo

IMAG0253.jpg

IMAG0255.jpg

IMAG0258.jpg

IMAG0267.jpg

IMAG0253.jpg

IMAG0255.jpg

IMAG0258.jpg

IMAG0267.jpg

Edited by thed00dabides
  • Like 1

It was a late one, but a freakin' good season. Congrats trich and d00d!

thanks mate! i was defiantly getting worried, Im back home for the w.e in two weeks so hopefully those patches are still cranking too! I managed to get some butts/rotted mushies/myc and have started two small patches up here today. I will go back and collect more rotted specimens and do the same a few more times before the seasons out i recon.

D00d

007-1.jpg

Found these guys this afternoon!

Edited by benefit
  • Like 1

a>

Wow - I have never seen the white rimmed ones before. Could I ask what part of Aus these are found?

The few times I've gone sub hunting over the last few years, I never found anything.. Amazing how some people just randomly stumble upon loads of em.

• Like 1

post-3719-0-20425500-1339916879_thumb.jp

Thought I would share this recent find as a warning to newer players ... there are at least 3 species in this pic, one of which is P. subaeruginosa. Within about 10 m from this photo were at least 8 different species of fungi, 5 of which looked superficially similar to Psilocybes.

Glad to be back in Vic - did not realise how lucky we here are until I spent several fruitless years overseas and interstate :).

post-3719-0-20425500-1339916879_thumb.jpg

post-3719-0-20425500-1339916879_thumb.jpg

Edited by r2pi
  • Like 1