The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
mr b.caapi

papaver somniferum potency.

:lol:POP :lol:

P1010014-1.jpg

Nice pics trip, would you happen to know what type they are. They look like the double pink peony i've seen grown before hehe. Also the TAZ comes form 'Nigrum' i believe.

The grower tells me that they are "large purple". Not a particularly potent strain but the grower also tells me that there he has staged the planting from least to most potent. Reasons being 1) to build tolerance 2) insure strains do not cross pollinate.

More piccies will follow later inthe season!

I was thinking today of the petals that are discarded by the plants. If one were studious enough to collect them, would there be any value in utilising this part of the plant? They are extremly bitter to the taste and wondering if one had enough of them, then...hmmm! :shroomer:

I was thinking today of the petals that are discarded by the plants. If one were studious enough to collect them, would there be any value in utilising this part of the plant? They are extremly bitter to the taste and wondering if one had enough of them, then...hmmm! :shroomer:

Tripi I think the whole plant contains alkaloids since they use 'poppy straw' for commercial extractions. I think the plant as a whole has a greater concentration of thebaine compared to the capsules where the morphine is much higher percentage wise.

So while you could use the whole plant, the higher thebaine would make it not such a great idea.

As for petals alone I'm not sure.

Also seen lots of the white seed around at Indian grocers on the GC.

Is it too late in the SEQLD season to plant legal poppies?

Keep the trip:) follow your taste. You could smoke as is or simple extract with a solvent and it will be alot cleaner (maybe even pretty pink) then a extract from leaves or stems.

Also seen lots of the white seed around at Indian grocers on the GC.

Is it too late in the SEQLD season to plant legal poppies?

They're so cheap that you have very little to lose by trying :)

You'll find alot of plants will be stunted and not have enough vegetative growth to produce meaningful capsules worthy of flower arrangements. I think the poppy bonsai are cute though and seeing miniature flowers and capsules is quite enjoyable in a sense.