The Corroboree
mutant

What zodiac sign are you?

170 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

heh... clearly a lot of peoples parents had quite the enjoyable new years eve many years ago...

• Like 1

Over 5000 members and no capricornians ?

come onnnnn ! :huh:

^ Probably all Virgo .

Ahhh, to be in with the elite. :)

• Like 1

That's virgin on the ridiculous!

• Like 2

You got one, but I can't tell if it's a pityvote.

I'm a Pisces. I'm flaky, stuck inside my own head and oversensitive, so it suits me in a generic way.

But according to the same sources I'm guillible, well-adapted to circumstances and intuitive, which is utter bunk.

Edited by Belching

im a cancer :)

as in the zodiac sign not the disease :)

although it wouldnt surprise me if i contract the disease due to my filthy smoking habits :(

Scorpius.

IMO Capricorns shit themselves at anything remotely supernatural. I reckon it's because they are so sensitive (and the goat is related to Satan, after all). I reckon they can't handle anything too esoteric as their imaginations are just too strong, more sensible to stay away.

Feel free to prove me wrong.

I am a cappy, but I dont think these statements ring true to me at all.

^ Probably all Virgo .

Ahhh, to be in with the elite. :)

I'd say,... your are with the masses

• Like 1

You got one, but I can't tell if it's a pityvote.

I'm a Pisces. I'm flaky, stuck inside my own head and oversensitive, so it suits me in a generic way.

But according to the same sources I'm guillible, well-adapted to circumstances and intuitive, which is utter bunk.

you got to see the whole chart to get the picture ;)

Gemini... duality, communicativeness, detachedness, agility, dexterity, impertinence, irreverence, adaptability, fickleness, inconsistency. aparently :blink:

• Like 1

oneliners dont help here. and are not funny

Of course that's just a Sagittarius thing to say. :wink: I thought the "virgin on the ridiculous!" was quite funny, and laughter is always helpful. Of course it's impossible for me to leave a one liner, so don't you worry, I'll come up with a hilarious and helpful rant just for you :) ...I'll try to anyway

Astrology is quite fascinating, to me it all comes down to the paradox of free-will versus determinism.

"the stars impel, they do not compel"

It's a bit of a tightrope balancing between the forces of free-will and destiny. I think that only by trying to become conscious of the unconscious patterns influencing our lives can we harness this fate forming energy and create a more self directed destiny, or at the very least know where we're going a bit better.

"I don't believe in astrology; I'm a Sagittarius and we're skeptical."

--Sir Arthur C. Clarke

:lol:

Oh yeah, and for any Christians out there who associate Satan with the goat, remember that Jesus was born in Capricorn... Then they sacrificed him.

Edited by The Dude
  • Like 3

That depends on your star sign

• Like 4

It's a bit of a tightrope balancing between the forces of free-will and destiny. I think that only by trying to become conscious of the unconscious patterns influencing our lives can we harness this fate forming energy and create a more self directed destiny, or at the very least know where we're going a bit better.

hey this is some awesome phrasing here. thanks!

it has been hard to intergrate the info/knowledge from the system of astrology into current thoughtstream

only few astrologers especially emphasize on the need to underline the importance of free will and they are the best of the kind IMO

• Like 1

Oh yeah, and for any Christians out there who associate Satan with the goat, remember that Jesus was born in Capricorn... Then they sacrificed him.

Goat is very tasty, as I remember. But then, so is camel and unless that's the thirteenth sign I don't see how relevant that is. It's probably totally irrelevant come to think of it. Not that Jesus's killers ate him either. What were we talking about?

I must apologise to all the shy cappies out there who I compared to Satan. I'm pleased we flushed a few of you out, though. I'm feeling a bit peckish.

I once read a book which suggested that star signs were more comparable to sun signs, and that positive and negative aspects of the signs were highlighted dependent on which stage the sun's cycle was in, as well as influencing the birth (or inception) of the child - as the solar rays have a strong effect on the young embryo. I can't remember the details but it makes more sense to me than the stars having influence.

• Like 1

Goat is very tasty, as I remember. But then, so is camel and unless that's the thirteenth sign I don't see how relevant that is. It's probably totally irrelevant come to think of it. Not that Jesus's killers ate him either. What were we talking about?

I must apologise to all the shy cappies out there who I compared to Satan. I'm pleased we flushed a few of you out, though. I'm feeling a bit peckish.

I once read a book which suggested that star signs were more comparable to sun signs, and that positive and negative aspects of the signs were highlighted dependent on which stage the sun's cycle was in, as well as influencing the birth (or inception) of the child - as the solar rays have a strong effect on the young embryo. I can't remember the details but it makes more sense to me than the stars having influence.

Isn't star a synonym for sun?

• Like 1

Isn't star a synonym for sun?

Yes but we track our star signs from groups of stars across the heavens i.e. if you were born in Virgo that's when the stars that signified Virgo were in prominence. It doesn't say the sun was doing this, this and this. That doesn't mean the original information wasn't lost at some point, though. I'd look this stuff up to make it sound more interesting and in depth, but for the life of me I can't remember the exact details or where I read it. Just made more sense to me that we would be strongly affected by the sun's rays, it's a very powerful, energy intensive object which has a huge influence on our life - on nature as a whole, and yet we largely ignore it, take it for granted. When I was a kid I was obsessed with the moon, became a moon worshipper, and tracked it and the changes it made in my body and soul (changes which are more profound in females, but still significant in men). But the sun does all of that and yet provides so much more! There is a lot science ignores about human psychology and there is a lot we don't know about the affects of nature upon our souls, so I find it difficult to laugh off astrology as a joke, despite a whole bunch of people using it as a way to make money through fortune telling (I do read one which gives great advice on a daily basis, but it's hardly the best way to plan your day).

I used to get cranky with my mother who refused to tell me my time of birth so my astrological birth chart could be read, but after a while I realised that it probably wasn't as relevant as the time of procreation which I'm sure my mother wouldn't remember - let alone tell me. It's another way our society has decided to feel shame about nature and how it affects us, and so yet more information is lost and our divorce from the natural world becomes more profound.

• Like 2

sure you can think of other ways to get personal data like time of birth..

but yes you are right most people are shamed of discussing astrology seriously.

which might me one of the reason I love this discussion, its so politically correct!

I am one that will use this as a first post, so hi hi, just something fluffy cos the site is overwhelming to say the least, and to share a link, a translation of a book of sun signs i've had for over 15 years.

I don't read too much into it, could it be that it's written to stroke the ego directly, but hey then a lil insight if that's what it might be and not just categorising predisopistions, cant hurt can it?

http://mizian.com.ne.kr/englishwiz/library/names/zodiac/contents.htm

• Like 1

sure you can think of other ways to get personal data like time of birth..

Can I have a clue? It's not on my birth certificate..

HEY sagis and virgos are even!!!

health care papers. any paper from the time you were born, hospital / health care papers.

Ultimately have a discussion with parents / grand parents, get them to try to remember.... they will probably not ... but you will probably be able to tell something more after these conversations.

If you dont archieve accuracy of +- 30 mis or 1 hour, and say you were born from 16.00 to 20.00, which is a lot of difference, then you should check all the charts everyhalf an hour in this duration, probably with the help of a knowledgeable person and then decide which suit you best.

This is sometimes called "time correction" but it is performed by expert astrologers.

• Like 1