The Corroboree
Zen Peddler

First subs of 2012 season

i don't want to sound like a dick but can we please not mention specific areas. e.g state forests... there are many people that may not appreciate having their treasured locations broadcast to the world, not to mention they'd rather not worry about those said locations becoming hot spots for figures of authority. lets be like the mushrooms and keep underground? by all means, if someone asks and you feel generous you can take them there, tip them off, whatever but i don't think it's a good idea to have these locations published online and easily googleable.

p.s this is isn't coming from a place of greed. there is always enough for everyone every year. but lets be sensible with the information. personally i don't want a situation like in WA, where the known spots are so well known they are regularly patrolled.

• Like 1

Good call holymountain.

Edited my post.

Didn't really think about that...

• Like 1

it's cool. don't feel bad or anything. as someone who has known, loved, revered and worshipped that patch for about three years now, having 'discovered' it with a bunch of other SAB forum members at our first group camp back in 2009 i have to admit i am protective of this area. not out of greed but only because it's devastating to go there and find huge areas of dug up ground, rubbish and whatnot. i admit, no land is anyone's to own, but i sure as hell have a deep connection to that place, and i'm sure those that were there on that first camp and those that have been introduced in subsequent adventures feel the same.

it's more in the interest of longevity. this is our secret, and SAB members united many years ago and were rewarded with its discovery. i wouldn't want to deny anyone the joys that i've experienced as a result, but i'm also wary of letting anyone go there. there was a definite feeling at that camp that we'd earnt this, that we'd been rewarded for our work in the ethno field and that we were being given a key to a beautiful place of power and that we should look after it and spread the goods as far as we could. we all felt that and i believe this feeling has carried on. those that google and go there may not have the same respect for that land and it's magic (though, hopefully once they visit they will feel the same way). i feel like a tight arse but there's such a deep appreciation and respect and sense of awe for that area thats it's really disturbing and upsetting to see the effects left by those that have been there without that same appreciation.

in the end, i can only hope that everyone that visits gets the same sense of appreciation, respect and understanding of just how valuable the area is and that they pick up rubbish, leave offerings, spread spores, share the gifts and conduct themselves in a way that is conducive to long term work with this area.

and most importantly...don't pick pins...don't dig up mycellium and give thanks to the land and it's spirits for the gifts that they share.

• Like 3

I'm unsure whether my post was too specific or not? I'll change it if that's too close for anyone else's liking.

I'm unsure whether my post was too specific or not? I'll change it if that's too close for anyone else's liking.

It would be appreciated.

working on a garden today, that i was working on last friday and the fungal transformation was quite pronounced!!

A garden bed of liriopes that i weeded last week was now full of massive clusters of 15-20cm tall unknown shrooms.

I lawn mowed over a couple of morel type mushrooms, which i've never seen before.Felt pretty bad mowing over them but had no choice!

Heaps of other shrooms in the garden beds ,that were empty this time last week.

This thread definately needs a bump^^.

Happy hunting !!! :)

My 1st look-see for the season and the forest didn't disappoint B)

gallery_7065_305_95962.jpg

gallery_7065_305_163116.jpg

gallery_7065_305_171311.jpg

Went for a walk today and was surprised not to find any, but I don't know any good spots (i.e. mulch substrate) around here yet, but I know a couple of natural, grassy, riverside spots that were quite prolific last year. Also walked through a pine forest and only saw amanitas. Pretty disappointed, but I'll keep my eyes open. I'm sure the season will hit here soon. :)

ive been sussing out pine forests in the sydney region and only finding fly agarics too, i have over 20 bark chip beds in the sydney region easily assessable to me and havent been having luck (old mulch too). some of these beds are over 300m long and 2 meters wide so hopefully when the temps are good, so's the picture opportunity's!

d00d

For years iv been photo'n subs.. but turned my attention on a tangent this year..

and have recently found a blueing mycena, pan pap, pan foe and yesterday a nice big clump of Gym's.

I'm keeping on the lookout for semilanceata, subbalateus, Pluteus, and Purpuratus.

I think there are smaller psilocybes about too..

Just wanted others to keep their radars open, there's more than just subs out there right now!

found some subs today.

yay for me

• Like 2

eyy was down balingup way today saw a few boletus and no subs :( another couple of weeks should see some startin to pop up

Found my first of the season around wollongong. the temps dropped sun night to 6c and found some aborted pins and a few half mature today. Hopefully we get the rains soon to really bring them up, the mycellium network in this patch was amazing, strong enough to bring some up after no rain for a month!

gallery_1298_174_241494.jpggallery_1298_174_388993.jpggallery_1298_174_170345.jpggallery_1298_174_181900.jpggallery_1298_174_270852.jpg

• Like 6

geeeez zac you're not messing around are you :worship:

post-7430-0-94789100-1337220741_thumb.jp

post-7430-0-17861200-1337220935_thumb.jp

post-7430-0-45447400-1337220749_thumb.jp

Eww, who buys newspapers? :P

*Edit: I will leave the joke but only after posting did I remember I'm one of the youngest here so this may not go over too well :P

Edited by at0m

Amaz: they're gorgeous!

• Like 1

Eww, who buys newspapers? :P

I don't buy/read newspapers, its just the local paper that gets left in the letter box weekly. Anyway, newspapers come in handy for lighting the fire, smacking the dog, paper hats and IF you run out of toilet paper. :)

Amaz: they're gorgeous!

Yes, gorgeous now,.... but give them a few days and this... (see pic' below) is what they get like in this spot... Its a pretty open area and the mushrooms are exposed to all the elements.

:)

post-7430-0-88270800-1337234542_thumb.jp

frost burn...jpg

frost burn...jpg

Amaz: that's a terrible image. I think it belongs in this thread.

Amaz: that's a terrible image. I think it belongs in this thread.

Yes, i was going to put the image in that ^ thread, but its locked !,lol.

Yeah, its nice to see the fruit all plump and healthy, in tact and a perfect color, not all black and deformed. Ah, the trials and tribulations of a mushroom hey?!

:)

here are the lone subs I posted about above. its been super dry here, no rain for a month, soon as it does its on :)

post-9832-0-89106300-1337302527_thumb.jp

post-9832-0-14440000-1337302567_thumb.jp

post-9832-0-97582200-1337302607_thumb.jp

sorry they arent as awesome as the other pictures! but these took me 15+hrs of hunting to find so I'm pretty excited anyways!

d00d

sub1.jpg

sub3.jpg

sub4.jpg

sub1.jpg

sub3.jpg

sub4.jpg

• Like 2