The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
frozenthunderbolt

NZ Salvia giveaway

Hey Guys and Girls,

Time for me to give a little back :innocent_n:

If you are after a salvia divinorum plant, and dont want to have to pay a mad price on trademe for one hit me up!

First 3-4 people to PM me can have a plant in a pot IF they can come collect it 1/2 hour NW of Auckland.

If you are faaaaar away and desparate to give this a go then i'll do 1-2 lots of (2) rooted cuttings sent out in the post [they can be a bit hit and miss this way though].

You will need to be in a tropical paradise or else have a warm spot indoors/a green house if you want them to thrive this time of year though.

All my plants in pots are greenhouse grown so will need hardening off next spring before you take them out - most are big enough you might be able to get a few cuttings off them over winter to root and plant [depending on how much they grow in the cold]

Fresh leaf is the most effective quid IMHO, but please dont ask for them if you are only going to eat them rather than grow them and propagate them :bootyshake:

• Like 8

I wish I hadjoined this forum before I paid crazy prices for my salvia plants lol lol :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Have you done the fresh leave chew thing? How does it compare? sorry im getting off topic. Would be great if more kiwi people jumped on here aye!

• Like 3

Have you done the fresh leave chew thing? How does it compare? sorry im getting off topic. Would be great if more kiwi people jumped on here aye!

Fresh leaf is the only way i have gotten results, tincture, smoke and dry quid did nothing - i suspect i'm a bit of a hard head. Hopefully i will develop some of the much vaunted 'reverse tolerance' from now on!

This said, I remember reading that traditionaly it was only used fresh, and that when the ethnographer brought up smoking it the shaman was appalled and said words to the effect that 'this is why people have bad experiences with it- they displease the spirit of the plant by burning it, then wonder why the experience is so scary'

Rightly or wrongly it works!

• Like 2

Very interesting indeed, Will have to have "someone" experiment with fresh leaf

• Like 3

Just a note folks, chances of getting cuttings to survive a trip to Auz, AND their insane border control (it's my understanding that S.D. is #notallowed in auzzie no?) is close to zip.
In the incredibly rare event my plants ever set seed, then they will be flying to auzzie so fast their little seedy heads will spin :wink:

• Like 1

The amount of PM's I used to get from people wanting me to send salvia over the ditch. :BANGHEAD2:

Dont give in no matter what they want to trade bro. It is highy illegal and both parties will be skinned alive for commiting such an act.

Besides salvia well abundant in Aussie from what I hear.

• Like 3

I wonder how the fresh leaf thing works? Do you chew it a bit and then hold it in your mouth for a given period of time to let the juices work their magic and then spit it out or perhaps its eaten? :scratchhead:

• Like 2

Hold it in your gob as long as you can bear it....it's harder to stick it out than you would think...all those bubbles....

edit: woops i forgot the all important part of that sentence: then you spit it out

i was distracted by the potent imagery, my memory of my chewing time, and that luxuriant green slime, illuminated by the light of the full moon, glowing blue-white-green....

Edited by Ceres
  • Like 4

my mates sallys are just starting to bud at the moment I will have to take some photo's when it's in flower :)

Trust is an important thing when dealing with something like this! ;)

Exactly

I wonder how the fresh leaf thing works? Do you chew it a bit and then hold it in your mouth for a given period of time to let the juices work their magic and then spit it out or perhaps its eaten? :scratchhead:

This is pretty much it.

Scrubbing your mouth, cheeks and tongue with a toothbrush to exfoliate dead cells and rinsing with an alcohol based mouthwash beforehand are said to make it more effective.

You can either spit it or swallow it afterwards - it has next to no effect if just eaten though; it is absorbed trans-dermaly through the mucus membranes of the mouth

• Like 1

Awesome give away.

Welcome to the forums Don Juan, should probs consider editing ya post as you are incriminating yaself

Just a note to those Kiwi's that PM'd me, the cuttings are just about ready, so with any luck you will see something in around the next week; keep them warm, wet and well drained when you receive them.

• Like 1

Ok I tried it the other day. The 2 salvia plants that I paid an insane price for, just before I joined the forum have been putting on some leaf so I decided to take out the central stem tip at the top of the larger of the 2 plants. The leaves were only about 2 inches wide and 3 inches long in old money so did the chew it a bit thing and then held it under my tongue for about 20 mins. The juices were difficult to not swallow but were not unpleasant. This was only a small amount but it did have tangible side affects. The first noticeable thing after about 5 mins was a feeling of calmness with mild euphoria. During this time I walked around the yard and became very alert yet still calm and was "very" aware of the plants around me, the larger of the salvia plants appeared to fizz with green in an effervescent manner, they felt benign and welcoming. There was a depth to the plants all around. For the first time I noticed the jasmine on the pergola had 3 berries on it. This was significant for me as I had wondered for some time if this plant was an infertile cultivar as had never seen this plant with berries before both here and in the UK.

Along with this experience, there was this feeling that there was a "creativity" just behind my eyes wanting to come out. This whole state of mind left me feeling tired with a slight headache but otherwise fine.

When the salvia's originally arrived in the post, some of the leaves were too damaged to remain on the plants so I dried them. When they were smoked in a roll up, no affects were felt at all. I'm not a smoker per say so am unclear if this is relevant or not...

Well there ya go, that's my first encounter with the Shepherdess...

• Like 3

C'mon!

There's GOT to be some more kiwis here who want salvia, free!

I've got no room in my green house, and have to prune again today which means MORE cuttings will be sprouting on my kitchen windowsill.

Help a brother out - pm me and arrange to pick up a few plants or ask me for some cuttings. PLEASE :wink:

• Like 2

if no kiwis want no more, I could take a couple cuttings or 2 and could offer mandragora seeds as a trade. Or acacia seed. or both.

I am in no tropical paradise though but I have grown them again and I guess I could do a bit better now.. (dry as fuck summer heat will be over in a couple months)

consider me only if you cant get them anywhere more locally...

C'mon!

There's GOT to be some more kiwis here who want salvia, free!

I've got no room in my green house, and have to prune again today which means MORE cuttings will be sprouting on my kitchen windowsill.

Help a brother out - pm me and arrange to pick up a few plants or ask me for some cuttings. PLEASE :wink:

I think we all have Salvia now thanks dude :P Haha :) Is yours flowering? Mine is still doing its thing, nearly there!...

• Like 1

Do the flowers contain anything special?

• Like 1

:( bad luck dood!

Seed. If you're very, very lucky. I wasn't this time :-(

Yeah. You need 2 plants also I hear? Seed rates are particularly low.

Yeah seeding rates are way low + about 5% viability from what i've read. had one plant in flower for quite some time, did some artificial fertilisation, but perhaps not enough - it is at the back of a VERY crowded green house at the moment!