The Corroboree
Uncle. S

The Surfing Thread

is that not skeleton bay africa?

hmm.. i also heard it called penguin bay lol i bet they want to keep it a secret.

but sounds legit link here: http://magicseaweed.com/news/Angola-and-the-3km-Wave/5572/

Fuck yeah! watched that one earlier. Just makes me wonder wtf i have been doing all my life lol...

Good to know there's no yuppy resorts there YET, hell it would be an adventure.

hey all, not had much swell on the sunny coast for a while so last night i got some surfing vids to try and scratch the itch and ended up watching Litmus- the val dusty experiment for the first time and GODDAMMIT'SA good surf vid and this got me to wondering what other pieces of surfing celluloid gold I had missed over the years

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

my faves over the years have been ,goodtimes, green iguana and shelter-the moonshine conspiracy

and when i crave a bit of oldschool my goto vids are crystal voyager and morning of the earth

so whats everyones favourites?

ocd edit: Also looking for a copy of cyclone fever if anyone has it and wants to share pm me

Edited by glimpse

Hows it goin glimpse, yep Green Iguanas sick...MAD WAX is an oldie but a goodie, and KONGS ISLAND geez showin my age now . Kongs island is shot off the sunny coast mate ... Sickest waves there i reckon , its where i spent my teenage years good old crowded, fickle but sometime pumpdy pump Sunny coast! The origin of the Anti Mal association lol.

Hey glimpse the whole 'My eyes wont dry' set by David Conley is fucking mind blowing. Guy hooks some serious camera gear to him while tucking into some insane caverns. Music to boot is pretty sick. Great watch if your stoned out of your mind too

Here's my cousin at Kalbarri a few weeks back. Reakons there was him, Clay Marzo and one other dude out lol. What a wanker.

The lineup

post-11261-0-72416000-1379638259_thumb.j

My cousin

post-11261-0-58336500-1379637940_thumb.j

Clay

post-11261-0-42239900-1379638227_thumb.j

post-11261-0-58336500-1379637940_thumb.jpg

post-11261-0-42239900-1379638227_thumb.jpg

post-11261-0-72416000-1379638259_thumb.jpg

post-11261-0-58336500-1379637940_thumb.jpg

post-11261-0-42239900-1379638227_thumb.jpg

post-11261-0-72416000-1379638259_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Great thread, only just saw it! My girl has a diploma in sports management that she got at some surfing college up north... Got to surf each day with the upcoming best! Has some rad stories, there loose lads in QLD!

I used to go out and just hangout on the mal, never rode much, bit embarrassing having your 60kg gf push you into a wave!! :-/ haven't been out in ages tho, she had to do a pretty sketchy rescue of a young boy and his grandfather and it rattled her fully, almost 2yrs outta the surf :(

Always something to ride in the Perth area. Even when its so called "flat' :)

post-4590-0-19123200-1383202844_thumb.jp

post-4590-0-19123200-1383202844_thumb.jpg

post-4590-0-19123200-1383202844_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Always something to ride in the Perth area. Even when its so called "flat' :)

attachicon.gifIMG_5360 2.JPG

sweet wave! is that up Yanchep way?

chickens reef at Rotto

oh... i have never been out to Rotto ,that wave looks right up my alley .

Indo is drowning in trash. In this short film, host and pro surfer, Kyle Thiermann, shows the good, the bad, and the ugly of Indonesia and what we can do to restore it to the pristine, tropical paradise it once was.

• Like 1

I'm from the caribbean somewhere and absolutely hooked on surfing.... I might have posted before on this thread somewhere...

you aussies have some amazing surf.

conditions in the southern carib are not really happening most of the year,...mosty windswells of less then 9 sec period.

so not allot of heavy wave action ,... barreling waves are not common,... just nice walls,.. and usually short.

in the winter (northern hemi) when we are lucky get some good north swell to come through the upper island chain off of the north atlantic........ and then some spots light up that are usually not really happening . in the hurricane season when we are lucky there will a few storms that can light up some reefs with some pretty good surf.... like really shallow speedy barrels.

There are a few gems that light up with a good north swell or with a hurricanes..... and we go absolutely crazy and drop everything that we are doing if we can to score some. One of those gems is an absolute beast at the take off when it gets a few feet overhead............ it is a right hand point break on a small island nearby that wraps around.......... let me see if I can get a pic

• Like 1

I'm from the caribbean somewhere and absolutely hooked on surfing.... I might have posted before on this thread somewhere...

I didn't know you live in the Caribbean mate , nice one!

.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I was asking a Japanese guy about Fukushima back went the tsunami just happened , he said he surfed there all the time .. guess them days are over , unless wearing some sort of spacesuit.

Edited by bℓσωηG
  • Like 1

yeb,.. the caribbean mates. not a bad place to live. cept sometimes I wish the surf and the fishing was a bit better. thankfully I get days off work easily to go fishing or surfing when it is "on!". one of the things I don't like about where I live is that tricho's don't want to flower hahahaha. I guess I will have to live with that. another thing I am really thankful for is that there are no critters living here that can kill people.