The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
ajna

Cymatics experment

hey guys,

just playing around with some cymatics experiments at home to show my kid
thought some might dig it
using a synth through an amp, with sand on drum skin

sorry for the terrible video quality, I think the iphone kept trying to refocus as it moved

• Like 4

awesome and inspiring! well done!

I has seen some such stuff in water too..

I suppose you did as easy as play the synth in high volume and let the drum skin resonate to the speakers in the room?

man there's some great potential in there... sometimes I wish I had 2 lifes or 10 for that matter..

I had done some nice experimental shit recording video through the microscope...

now I thought about using the cumitic experiment with water ,then put a microscope to scan it...

Edited by mutant

yeah im yet to find a good (simple) method to get interesting results in water but i'll work it out someday

this was an up-turned amp with drum on top playing synth at high volume

one day i'll make an apparatus specifically for this purpose to improve the results, keeping an eye out for old speakers at the dump...

I could def use a few more lives to play also :P

Damnnn that was cool! I love how my brain seems to see all these different images within the patterns.

Like at first I thought I was seeing a human head, then a monkey head, then an ear and then a brain.

Of course I know it's nothing really, but still bloody cool!

I saw a cool video before of someone doing it with a cornstarch and water mix, if you've done that experiment before... where if you leave the solution alone it's all watery but once you try to compress it or exert some sudden force unto it, it gets thick and putty-like almost instantly.

Either way, just a suggestion for you try if you like cymatics, the cornstarch and water thing could be cool for the kids to play with as well :)

Soup~

i have seen the cornstarch vid, really cool hey. if i ever have cornstarch in the house i'll try it out, apparently you gotta get the water:cs ratio just right for that effect

very cool article about saturn's hexagon, hadnt heard about that before

here's another short clip

cym2.MOV

cheers

cym2.MOV

cym2.MOV

I really like this one