The Corroboree
DiscoStu

what's wrong with this world?

riffing.......what's wrong with the world is that people are taught that the only ideas that are worth pursuing are those which can produce an immediate monetary impact. i mean, how often are we bombarded by the idea of the "next big thing"? the "next facebook", the "next twitter", is there any room left for simply exploring the beauty of ideas? "knowledge" is now subject to the free market and i think that is a dangerous thing, because it boxes human existence into a particular set of ideas, and something revolutionary which may disrupt established systems is dismissed, or worse bought out and shelved because there's no money in it.

• Like 7

Switch off mate, it's the only way to cope.

• Like 3

why give up? what do you hope to achieve by that? are you in the so called "knowledge economy"? do you rely on grants or assist in people getting grants for scientific research? do you seriously think that multinational oil/energy companies should have the absolute right to restrict new uses of energy because it threatens their business model?

edit:

that is to say I'm not talking about just energy here, but the lure of coin driving knowledge in certain directions. like social media or things which can exploit that, to me the only use of social media is to exploit people to make money, there's really no benefit to the human species as a whole (is there?) as there is with cheap renewable energy. now someone who creates some stupid game which does basically nothing but distract morons from their stupid lives can become a billionaire, purely because billions of morons want to distract themselves from their stupid lives. this is the new "knowledge" economy and no one apparently has a problem with it. because the media benefits from it and they won't dis something they get profit from, and this lure of cheap easy money draws people away from more complex pursuits to something which is really quite trivial.

as i said i'm just riffing, please tell me i'm wrong.

Edited by bot6
  • Like 2

You just need more BECK in your life.

• Like 2

ok, good for you. posting youtube uploads of beck videos is definitely worthwhile. well done.

unfortunately This is the world that we have been thrust upon.... You can choose to fight .... Fight to choose.. Lose To win... An in many cases never begin ... Just find the things in life that make it real... Peace ...

• Like 1

now someone who creates some stupid game which does basically nothing but distract morons from their stupid lives can become a billionaire, purely because billions of morons want to distract themselves from their stupid lives. this is the new "knowledge" economy and no one apparently has a problem with it. because the media benefits from it and they won't dis something they get profit from, and this lure of cheap easy money draws people away from more complex pursuits to something which is really quite trivial.

Seriously dude Beck knows EXACTLY how you feel. -you just need to "dumb your head down" and "find your place on the assembly line". Well, that's what society wants, don't it?

Just buy your 'smart' phones and STFU

Edited by Halcyon Daze
  • Like 1

Qallunaat is what's wrong with this world.

If anyone has a more apt word let me know.

• Like 1

Qallunaat!

Funny people!

http://www.nfb.ca/film/qallunaat_why_white_people_are_funny

I know what your driving at bot6,

its the materialistic focus at all costs while remaining blind to the emotional world of traps set upon anyone with heart.

Yes we are very good at physical things now, which has improved greatly with becoming good at mental things.

But, how many people are accepting and well versed of & in the oceans of emotions?

How many people can negotiate their way through the "emotion" fields with a world of people blinded by their own feelings?

And most of them IME are feeling insecure/anxious/angry/greedy/jealous/fearful and this is what they reflect back upon themselves and agitate in other people.

This IS the core issue.

Teaching people to heal the emotional disruptions to their multidimensional realities allows them to be most they can be, giving that sense of self-fulfillment that allows them into the elevation of self love.

A person in the balanced state of self love reflects that love outwards.

People around them can feel that serenity and are often drawn to talk to them without knowing what to say.

or maybe that's another story..

:)

• Like 5

most people on this planet are simply insane........and those who aren't are left feeling really uncomfortable..................and there are few options for escape....................................

• Like 5

^^^ Except to teach the insanatives to take themselves less seriously before they destroy all life on Earth! Easy! :lol:

have

^^^ Except to teach the insanatives to take themselves less seriously before they destroy all life on Earth! Easy! :lol:

have you ever tried to communicate with the insane?

before communication is possible - the insane must realise their insanity.........................sorry it will never happen...............

• Like 2

have you ever tried to communicate with the insane?

before communication is possible - the insane must realise their insanity.........................sorry it will never happen...............

:)

Never??

Sounds serious!

Paradox's make me laugh!

:lol:

Ive spoken to many 'insane' people in my life and emotional disturbances tend to be the root cause of their blind emotionally reactive actions.

If you understand the reason for their emotional pain/confusion you can co-relate to them and guide their emotions.. if they arent too far gone.

Otherwise Just smile and wave boys!

Insane people, are sane people, who are afraid.

Edited by MikeyMagic
  • Like 2

In one of Terence McKenna's talks he quotes a rickshaw driver hauling him around Bombay looking to score hash, who when asked "what's wrong with the world?" responds with "progress, that's what's wrong with the world!". Maybe this is deeper than it first appears; our dis-ease with stasis is born out of our own mortality, and drives humanity to seek to transform the world to prolong our individual lives at the expense of the world itself.

• Like 3

this really gets on my nerves too.

the american dream. and even more annoying here in greece is that we still think under this pattern.

a 'good idea' that will set us for life in a short period of time.

I know I took 8 years picking and studied mushrooms before I sold any and 5 years of cacti gardening. This is not a fast plan.

I hate people.

Progress, 'economy science' and ugly cities has corrupted out aesthetics. We can be happy in an unhappy world, sourrounded by people poorer and more unfortunate than us, as far as we have that materials we like and long fences to hide the ugliness of the neibours or whatever.

oh about the insane... misusing this world really gets on my nerves.

Most people are idiotic and indifferent cunts, not insane.

And the white people are not the reason of all bad.The film looks really interesting though...

But this is the problem when people have no political consciousness. They really try to blame something, as if a good blame target solves the problem.

they blame the white, or suggest chill out man or listen to this song (stupid!) , besides Becks suck. Depressing stupid emo crybaby shit.

ignorance comes many colours, political ignorance is just one of them

Edited by mutant
  • Like 4

.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Qn-tq3ftZTU

Edited by Dreamwalker

you all miss the point completely coz when Jesus comes back its on!

( yes im being sarcastic )

• Like 1

Jesus?

v6hBu.jpg

also,

Infected mushroom, now that's another major proof there's something seriously going wrong with this world

how can these dudes, who have created some of the most respected and loved psychedelic trance ever (read album: The Gathering ) sell out so fucking badly?

here compare this one

to the crap Dreamwalker posted just above.

Then please check : Infected mushroom - The Gathering , if you care about psychedelic trance music

Also maybe check the next album too, some nice tracks there too. thats it!

fuck infected mushroom, all hail the gathering!

PS: Let me say "Tommy the Bat" is probably my fave trance tracks ever. there are 3 distinct parts and they are all some of the most masterfully programmed psychedelic schemes ... boy thanks I hadnt listened to these tunes for some years

all hail discordia

situationist international , dada, surrealism, all that fucking shit

• Like 1

is beck still alive? and better yet continues to make music... it boggles the mind

interesting thoughts mutant i would agree that white folks arent the root causation of the worlds woes but then again the anglo centric view is certainly ingrained no doubt perhaps for the last few century's certainly .

Greece is a different kettle of fish to ozzyland, subjugation and assimilation aside its only been 52 years since indigenous peoples were given the right to vote in this country, shit during ww2 we were allowed to fight for our country yet we had no constitutional rights and or the right to vote, 22 years since indigenous land rights were recognized... the white australia policy was instigated in 1901 (correct me if im wrong) there was a time when Greek/Italian immigrants would be housed in detention centers i believe it was the 50s to 70s? interestingly Dr Carl who does Thursdays on triple j is of Italian decent reminisced of his immigration and detention when first coming to this country with his parents.

A one generation gap exists between these social upheavals in the overall timescale of man it is only just recently these rights have been gained, my old man experienced Segregation when he was a young fella (in qld) not some 40 years ago. was it not 14years ago? during the howard era that the so called "Intervention" in the Northern territory of Australia was undertaken on the so called pretext of stopping sexual abuse of minors that the permit system was scrapped ( which gave indigenous peoples the right to administer permits for outsiders to enter/travel within there lands, ( with the gillard gov also came heavy pressure's to sign over leases to there lands which would open the flood gates to governmental control and the mining corps. not that big buisness is all bad but lessened the bargaining power of those whose lands is being pillaged in the name of progess.

the heart of men will perhaps always seek to subjugate those who are deemed lesser as has been the history of man since the dawn of time, this is still the same today with the advent of mass media and communications albeit on a more covert vein, distraction and the mortal realm of lust for greed, power, money, fame etc continues and perhaps will always continue to taint the heart of man... we arent much different from our ancestors except we have the internet and iphones

Its hard to tell where we can go from here perhaps we are sowing the seeds of our own destruction re climate change, globalisation, habitat/fauna/flora destruction the loss of tradition etc.

• Like 1

+1 for fermented grapes :wink:

honestly im not overtly sure that we will overcome the sickness of the 21 century, althought within my heart of hearts i would love to see the world of man succeed perhaps tradegy will be the only equaliser i certainly hope not

ever checked out some of the 90s trance mutant its not psy but still pritty dam tight :worship:

hey , maybe its just me

but fermented grapes and other fermented sweet fruits are the source for the first drunks

drunks are awesome

all over the globe : birds, apes even those veg reindeer fuckers in siberiaa like amanita muscaria , well every veg herd likes rotten apples

and those who know how to get drunk know nothing untilthey get drunk with amanitas

or this is what I have heardrzzzz

got to love them

thoze drunkz

cheers

drunks are only awesome if you're drunk too & that only makes one more pain in the arse for everyone else to deal with

infected mushroom had a couple of ok tracks in the late 90's but i never understood the hype. they were the original psy-pop stars :puke:

i'm not sure why i'm talking about them though as they aren't exactly whats wrong with the world, not directly anyway..

to be honest now i don't know why i'm posting at all, i spend way too much of my life talking about whats wrong with the world & need to find more effective & positive ways of processing my frustrations. YT basically gave a good brief rundown of a couple of things i might have mentioned anyway.. though i'll probably be tempted to get involved again if the thread doesn't turn to shit, sorry for this empty post

• Like 3