The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
_Cursive

Politics on the brain (literally).

Ever wondered what political views look like in the brain?

Very fascinating study (with LOTS of evidence) showing how reasoning and evidence are overshadowed by bias and ideology.

Evidence showing politics is akin to a drug, especially when opposing other views.

"Each participant was wired to an electroencephalograph that recorded activity in their anterior cingulate cortex...."

Edited by _Cursive

A bit like........Td's...

doth conscious?

3rd vid down ...narrated by Zulu? Startrek....Athene's Theory of everything...

worth a watch...basically as you & your vid say ...when we are confronted by an opposing view ...we go into flight or fight mode..1/2 the brain switches off...& people can fail to hear reason...

considering that most people are traumatised...filled with fear....I can't see anything improving...the pop. are always going to be reactionary........& those in control media etc take full advantage of it...in their constant self interest manipulating

I have seen peer reviewed research suggesting that their are genetic profiles relating to left & right wing .much as he (your vid) identifies..not that the 2 party choice of our nations offer us anything other than corporate fascism..

interesting vid ...well worth watching...thanks for posting it

Edited by Dreamwalker.
  • Like 1

Not a problem Dreamwalker! :) Glad you enjoyed it as much as I did. I do love Molyneux's work, he's very meticulous with his research/evidence.

What '3rd video down' do you mean? I clicked on that Thunderideal link and it's just someone's profile. I'm a bit lost sorry :D :)

Hope the weather is treating well, I was glad for the rain!

EDIT: I found it, don't worry! Thanks for the link :)

Edited by _Cursive