The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
PhoenixSon

What cactus seeds would people want to buy?

I want to gather some info on people thoughts on what type of cactus seeds/products they would like to purchase.

I want to offer bulk tricho seeds 1000 seed packs @ decent prices $150 to hopefully $100 a pack maybe smaller lots down the track

Also bulk loph seeds as above 1000 seed bags around $150 to $200 each + smaller amounts for rarer seeds

Would be keen to hear what other cactus seeds people would like to buy from within aus, without bothering to risk customs seizures and the wait from getting seed from over-seas. We hope to also beat prices offered on ebay and some other places

If anyone has seed stock of their own X's that are fresh and they want to sell but dont have the time, please PM me and we can work out something.

Thoughts? Idea's?

What else would you like to be stocked? Seeds or otherwise.

We are trialing some Japanese pj's that are great in summer, which are handmade in australia using 100% cotton by a japanese sewing pro. These will be custom made as much as possible depending on what people want. Good for children, our two kids tend to sleep better at night with these on, as they have cooling vents at the shoulders that lets air out and are baggy.

Also some cool lunch box bags, Japanese style which i know use instead of my daggy plastic bag. These should come in diferent sizes colors and some will be waterproofed.

Will put up some pics in the next couple of days to show you what I mean.

Also thoughts on places to advertize and sell? we have thought of facebook gumtree ebay, we will start with the sites that are free as we dont have much capital to start off.

Cheers

• Like 1

I want some tbm seeds :P

• Like 2

Fresh seeds from crested and monstrose mothers.

• Like 1

Loph seeds. I'd def take some of those off your hands

I have a bunch of different tricho species that i want to start offering, as i want to start to offer some more diversity @ cheap prices for the the folks that want to have heaps of cactus to trade and sell in the years to come!

also with germinating 1000 seeds hopefully there will be some more mutants to add to the ranks of the aussie mutant stock.

Will list more loph seeds @ cheap price by the end of this month or early next month.

More info would be great any species people are after the most?

Good hybrids and pure species can be found for $80 per 1k...

I'd be interested in scop X scop or hybrids both ways between a fat cordobensis and scop.

Yeah, I dunno if there would really be a market for it more than there already is...I know some members here have done this sort of thing in the past but no longer do.

I've never really heard of anyone having problems importing seeds either...and it's not too hard to find places that offer most species in bulk for much less than $100 for tricho seeds.

I think the real market would be for small to medium batches of particularly interesting hybrids or seeds of desirable named clones, particularly ones that aren't really seen yet in breeding (perhaps because they seldom flower). People always seem keen for interesting crosses that have the potential to become new clones with highly desirable traits. But average tricho and loph seeds are kinda old hat. A lot of the time you see people in the exchange forums who can't even give the things away anymore...

Those funky atrophytum and ariocarpus cultivars

• Like 1