The Corroboree
paradox

Original Drawing Thread

ok i'll start. my computer isn't set up ATM so i don't have access to my files. so i'll just sart with what i've already uploaded which is this one which i posted in another thread somwhere already:

the_universe_in_my_toenail_by_naja_sonador.jpg

WOAH! How long did this take you man? That is REALLY impressive :D

Edited by Paradox

thanks dreamz :)

(edit: i'm not too sure how long exactly it took me...a few hours here & a few hours there over a couple of months. maybe 30 hours all up?)

stinkmeat those are some great drawings man, the dragonfly is amazing! keep them coming mate!

mutant, thats a really cool idea bro, me & my GF muck around & do collaborative drawings all the time it's heaps of fun (i've been meaning to get my camera in action to post some of them). i like your idea of kind of having rules to it to make it more interesting. it'd be really fun to see what came out of it. i guess if you were really into it you could have all sorts of different rules to dictate how the drawing progresses. i like it man, show us more if you have any

Edited by Paradox

Thanks for feedback, I don't have any more - but I might revive it at some point. but I have made lots of music in my lifetime. PM if you're interested...

goddesbackground.jpg

I see this pic is getting publicity as a bands touring add. It was suprising to see an artwork off SAB in a street mag. Good work :lol:

I see this pic is getting publicity as a bands touring add. It was suprising to see an artwork off SAB in a street mag. Good work :lol:

cool, nice one holymountain. whos the band? which puplication?

something about this one, i don't like. it seems unfinished or something..

n1132453936_317867_1828.jpg

Hi all I relatively new here. Loving this thread. I have some paintings etc. Would it be cool to post them up here?

post away bluejay & welcome to SAB

Cheers mac I feel very happy to have found this online community :)

I was introduced to cacti around January and have become completely sucked in by them! This is an oil on canvas I did a couple of months ago. It's called 'Looking In' (to a loph). I did an acrylic of a bridgesii the other day but haven't taken a photo yet.

5187_190282605706_733540706_7283474_3094168_n.jpg

Magnificent! Welcome to the forum :)

bluejay keep the goods coming my man, snap up some more photos!

Edited by mu.

Edited by paradox

hi bluejay & welcome. absolutely beautiful work man! i can't wait to see some more of your paintings! i'm just wondering though, do you have any drawings? i hate to sound like a kill joy but this is kinda strictly a drawing thread, gotta stay on topic & all :wink: do you do any preliminary sketches for your paintings or have a study book that you doodle in or anything? perhaps you can start a thread where you can post your paintings. i'm sure people are well keen to see more of your stuff, i know i am!

Hey thanks Paradox, no worries. Was wondering about the painting/drawing divide. I do have some drawings here and there. I need to put them up on the comp but will certainly upload soon :) Thanks for the support guys.

Some pics i did when in ecuador post ceremonyecuaya.jpgecuaya2.jpgecuaya3.jpg

Edited by blowng
  • Like 2

Great stuff guys. :)

Edited by Adrian Psy

Here's a new one. I've been working on a possible tattoo design, so don't steal it! :ana: haha

It's not finished... again. But you get the idea.

post-3855-1252380758_thumb.jpg

The red wavey line sorta reminds me of hot-dogs and mustard. :P

Edited by Stinkmeat
  • Like 2

Stinkmeat that is freakin awesome dood! mind candy for sure.

just keep in mind some of those colours might not work together on skin as you have to contrast the inks, eg, purple and blue dont stand out when side by side. its a pain in the ass and one of the bigger hindrances of applying normal artworks as tattoos, a problem me & my tattooist (he's an apprentice) are running into at the moment.

I'm pretty lazy with my drawing so most of it is just pencil, I'll find some more in my photobucket account later

stipple.jpghorse.jpg

(Talk about a pain in the arse! I only did this one in stippling for a TAFE class)

• Like 2

great pics everyone!

fancypants you should draw more you're really talented, the dot drawing is interesting :)

stinkmeat thats awesome!

this is one i scanned this afternoon

we_by_naja_sonador.jpg

• Like 4

^^^ That's awesome! Like liquid/acid Rorschach inkblot. I really like your style, it's so fluid and organic (to use a wanky word).

And I'm a dipshit, totally forgot to comment on others' sick drawings here 'cause it was a few weeks ago that I looked at them. Particularly love HolyMountain and Xodaraps'.