The Corroboree
Roopey

Smoking the Sacred Sage

I've been wanting to try this for some time now, I've had a big jar of loose leaf white sage just sitting on the shelf for more than a year now, just waiting for my curiosity to take over. I just tried some in a pipe with some pretty impressive relaxation effects, and I am not easily impressed as I have smoke just about everything under the sun. I would definitely say it's stronger than lotus and damiana.

Has anyone else tried this? Or has this really been sitting under our noses the whole time!?

Edited by Roopey
  • Like 1

White sage used to feature prominently in my own mixtures years back.
Really highly rate the stuff

• Like 2

I just pack a loose bong with sage and camphor
Take it in deep
And I'm into like deep as relaxation and shit
It takes me deeper than heroin
I don't mind it obviously but it's not for everyone
Plus it may cause cancer and shit
Not for every cunt. Lolz

EDIT-My house mate trashed my account while my laptop was open and I was logged in. His sense of humour is slightly off and he suffers tourettes. I do love the guy though so cant be too mad. Please disregard this and any posts in the last couple hours. Cheers

Edited by shroomau5
  • Like 5

Are you comparing to fresh damiana or dried packet stuff Roopey? They're like night and day for me, fresh (gently dried) is unquestionably active and powerfully aromatic, the mass produced product has never done squat, although I've never tried tea.

• Like 1

Damiana Tea can be very strong, it just tastes awful though. I have unfortunately not had the opportunity to play with fresh damiana yet, maybe one day.

The white sage is like this deep, dreamy, meditative state. I haven't tried it as a tea yet, but I did read somewhere that the natives used to chew, brew, and burn it, so it should be safe to play around with. The flavor of the smoke is very strong and mentholated, so it should make and interesting cuppa, I'll have to try that next and keep y'all posted.

Edited by Roopey
  • Like 2

The difference between fresh Damiana and dried commercial Damiana is like the difference between chamomile you harvest yourself and the chamomile you get in tea bags. The latter tastes like carpet sweepings in comparison to the former. Much of the beauty is lost

• Like 2

I can definitely see how that is true, considering it is true for many plants, unfortunately I have never had any luck growing the darn stuff. Maybe I'll try again this season, although now I want to get a white sage plant too and see what chewing the fresh leaves of that is like.

common sage smoke relaxes the FUCK out of me, i'm a plumber (new here!) and its one thing that takes away the stonk of getting down a dirty old hole each day

Mostly it is smoked more like an incense. Not inhaled, that is, but allowed to permeate the ambient air. I understand that catnip is similar (to cats) in that it is mostly a scent-sory experience.

• Like 1

Good ole Roopey,

Still smoking anything that isnt nailed down.

Great stuff,

we all miss you bro,

Colhawk.

• Like 4

salvia officianalis - common sage used in cooking contains Thujone which is active. Wormwood, Artemisia Absinthium also contains Thujone.

Have tried both, i think Wormwood has the higher concentraton of Thujone.

Salvia sclarea is actve too, a.k.a Clary Sage. Grows wild.

Salvia guaranitic as well - a diazepine receptor agonist.

And of course Diviners Sage.

I'm not aware of White Sage being active?

A good read is Sage, the Genus Salvia. Edited by Spiridon E. Kintzios

Most of the active Sages really come into their own once prepared as concentrated extracts.

• Like 2

It's definitely active, in it's own way.

Edited by Roopey

concentrated extracts from Diviners Sage id like to do this, i have plenty growing about the place.

anyone know how its done?

• Like 1

I tried some x10 concentrated dividers sage in NZ. Bloody hell it was wild and psychedelic. I could see the fabric of the universe and everything was cartoonish, then a hole opened up and tried to swallow the universe. I grabbed hold of the hole and dragged everything back into existence. When I came back to reality my arms were pressed straight down and my hands out flat trying to hold everything in place. I'm not sure I'd try it again. My mate had a malestrom open up and held out his hand, I grabbed it and held on until he came back. He said he was getting sucked in until a magical hand appeared and stopped him from being taken away.

• Like 3

bought some 35x about 10 years ago, smoked it in a roll up and fell over.. got back up less impressed ...

nothing else happened .. will have to try again .. maybe the label was BS or somehow diminished ...?

still cant seem to grow more than a leafy cigs worth tho yet...

this white sage and clary sage sounds scrumpscious though , must hunt some down and report when can

Edited by ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ

bought some 35x about 10 years ago, smoked it in a roll up and fell over.. got back up less impressed ...

nothing else happened .. will have to try again .. maybe the label was BS or somehow diminished ...?

still cant seem to grow more than a leafy cigs worth tho yet...

this white sage and clary sage sounds scrumpscious though , must hunt some down and report when can

You need to put it through a pipe and use a jet lighter, a regular lighter isnt good enough. It needs a high heat to activate the psycadelic compound, Salvinorin A. You also need to hold it in for as long as possible. It took my budgie lungs 2 hits to finish, after the first hit I was still in this realm and during the second hit it kicked in and didn't realise until I'd come down.

setting is everything.

For salvia hardheads, try combining some shamanic tribal drumming recordings to enhance your journey.

Heaps of shamanic tribal beats are available on Youtube to use.

The beats seem to have some primordial stimulus on the brain.

The Pineal Gland is central to all of this.

This recollection of a Journey, by Vades seems to be a common theme with Salvia dosing... nature in all its wonderment!

… I saw a pulsating purplish light that
changed to an insect like shape, perhaps
a bee or moth, and then changed
to a pulsating sea anemone. It expanded
into a desert full of prickly
pear cacti, and remained so for several
minutes…Suddenly, however, I
was in a broad meadow with brightly
colored flowers. I had just crossed a
stream by way of a small wooden
bridge. Next to me was something
that seemed to be the skeleton of a
giant model airplane made of rainbow-
colored inner tubing. The sky
was bright blue and I could see a
woods in the distance. I found myself
talking to a man in a shining
white robe …"

Leander J. Valdes III

Re: @: " The difference between fresh Damiana and dried commercial Damiana is like the difference between chamomile you harvest yourself and the chamomile you get in tea bags. The latter tastes like carpet sweepings in comparison to the former. Much of the beauty is lost "

Yes, totally agree, alot of the herbs are sourced from Europe & Asia & there really is an incentive to onsell rubbish, low grade herbs, by grinding the stalks, bark, whole plant, to bulk up the herbs, which are sold by weight.

I bought some Wormwood from an outfit in N.Z & it was rubbish. Then managed to source some from someone's own garden & the difference in potency was like night & day.

time of harvest, how the herbs are dried, Storage, are also major determinants of potency.

Salvia divinorum for e.g, shouldm't be harvested whilst flowering or in winter time as the Salvinorin content is way less...maybe 2/3 less potent than a summer harvest.

• Like 2