The Corroboree
mutant

Cannabis abuse and nihilism

I love everything about it. The aroma of fresh, dried and smoked bud drives me crazy. I can’t think of any better taste in this world than when exhaling the smoke of some quality bud. I think raising a cannabis plant would be pure joy too (although I don’t know due to the draconian laws of the country we live in, obviously!). I could sit and just stare at a stinky healthy cannabis plant for hours on end without getting bored.

But most of all out of anything, it’s that incredible feeling that comes from smoking some bud after at least a month without any. I have never felt any other better feeling in this life, it’s what I’d imagine heaven would feel like if it existed. Everything is just bliss, everything has meaning and all the great questions of life just seem so clear and simple, boredom is non-existent and just being alive feels like such an honor, a great privilege I have been gifted with. It’s pure happiness!

I think that’s my greatest problem with cannabis, after that initial high wears off, I just end up smoking copious amounts of it. It’s probably a psychological attempt to achieve that first no tolerance high, which after a few months just results in getting the exact opposite effect from it.

• Like 2

Got a message from my friend:

Anodyne that was sweet and very insightful of you.

I want both.

It's really pretty complicated but for some reason you hit some nail here.

The only tool I image can help analyzing what you said is astrology. my chart shows in what places there is bold and important stuff.

a super sagittarian (typicall vulnerable to undulging in substance abuse like alcohol and pleasures in general, but enthousiastic optimistic and person that likes to get on to do lots of different stuff)

with a leo moon (again a sould that enjoyes pleasure and creativity} double sagitarrian with

on the dynamic side

but and also a couple pisces positions, that also increase the drug relation, and bring on this seclusivity that I got some times.

Indeed I have taken up more stuff, interests, hobbies if you like, philosophy, stuff in my mind than I can manage in some logical way

Strong Virgo positions as well couple strong scorpio positions also allow me, I think to deepen a lot more.

you know, I remember this many years from now, like 7-8 years ago, or more, we talked a lot with a friend about philosophy , and I had something like a goal, I was searching. It was philosophical , but it was essential . As time went on and I moved on in analyzing the world and perception in my own philosophy, I came to realise that the whole thing was to manage to unite all these different pieces - I know its kind futile, but I have a strong inclination to try to do it. So far I want/plan to write 3-4 books, lol, different subjects, I dont know when I should get started...

I dont feel particularly bad with being a loner from time to time , weird old cactus grower, I sure know I love a life of freedom , freedom from conventions..

You are true I am "unhappy" especially compared to a general past , two reasons mostly, one the break up with my girlfriend hit me strangely with a delay I had not predicted - and so, yeah, I kind of miss a girly, and typical for a greek ecomonical reasons . Good thing with me is I find my way to stay active and happy. F.e. these days I have been roaming the woods and picking lots and lots of mushrooms, how can you be unhappy these days?

SUB> maybe my situation is different because I first smoked at 17 and started using almost daily at 21-22 (I am 34 know), but have been abusing it A LOT for say, 5-7 years (meaning getting to the point smoking 2 grams a day, even 3 when drinking alcohol along) . So it kind of took me a long time to get from occasional, to frequent , to daily, to constant, to smoking before eating when waking up in the noon... Anyways your comments are interesting, but I dont believe no occasion is the same with everyone else. And especially not me! Yeah I am special in a number of ways, for one I dont think someone could easily smoke up so much like me and keep up with so many different activities at once (some of which require attention to detail) , remembering shit and all... y'know I dont know lots of pot abusers that their opinion is of some gravity... that is kind of different about me. I really care about knowing and about philosophy, which are actually one and the same.

And also, buying all this pot has become a problem, I mean, all the money I make I spend in this shit? This is getting on my nerves.., ya know... that's a good motivation... so, what do you know , each occasion is indeed different and of course it has to do with the character. Its not heroin for fucks sake, and even if it was, the character is of importance with heroin junkies too.

AN UPDATE: I have limited use to night these last days. This conversation has helped in various ways. Thanks.... Keep it up.. Its increadible how long this shit can last when you keep the use low.

• Like 1

Take Control

Believe

Change :)

Otherwise cycles are doomed to repeat.

Edited by Change
  • Like 1

Anodyne that was sweet and very insightful of you.

I want both.

It's really pretty complicated but for some reason you hit some nail here.

Not so insightful maybe, I think I just have a lot of thoughts and perhaps behaviours in common with your friend. I too tend to fixate on things, and take my hobbies to an obsessive level. This can lead to problems, especially where drugs are concerned, and it can also make it difficult to connect to other people sometimes.

One thing I would recommend for a fellow obsessive who is trying to quit/reduce any of their obsessions, is to find a replacement! Find something else to focus on, to keep you busy and keep your mind off... whatever it is - whether it is the drugs you want to be taking or the relationship you have lost or whatever else. Maybe you have something you want to learn: how to weld, or paint with oils, or something. Just find something else to occupy your attention before trying to quit altogether. Otherwise your busy busy mind will just be working overtime with thoughts of things you would rather be doing, like getting high. You need another focus, something to fill that space. I once spoke to some junkies who were trying to get clean, they recommended World of Warcraft as a good substitute addiction. :lol:

But it sounds like you're doing all this already, you said you were staying busy and taking up hobbies. I think you are mostly moving in the right direction and being honest with yourself, and those are the important things.

Edited by Anodyne
  • Like 1

And as for the more philosophical side of things, well I may be a bit out of my depth here, but I'll give it a shot...

Nihilism & drug use do tend to be linked. But I believe some folks misunderstand the connection: they think that it's a purely hedonistic motivation, that if "nothing matters anyway" that we might as well just do whatever we like: "eat, drink & be merry for tomorrow we may die" and all that. I can see problems with that idea:

First, that nihilism doesn't mean that "nothing matters". It just means that there is no inherent meaning to life, to the universe, to anything. As I see it, this therefore means that any meaning you do find, must come from within. Far from the pointless, amoral existence that many associate with the term "nihilism", I believe this philosophy can be used to build a system of morals and beliefs that is much stronger than those which embrace a "higher power" (whether this is about god(s), Gaia, karma, Fox News or the Flying Spaghetti Monster) because their beliefs are imposed upon them from outside. This is not to say that I reject the idea of some kind of superior beings - I just don't think that they should have a say in what I think & do. Now this leads to my second point: that this kind of philosophy in the context of drug use can be a problem, because so many of the reasons not to use drugs, are externally-imposed ones: legal issues, opinions of friends, family, some religions, medicine...

This is where I was going with the earlier comment about deciding what is important to you. I decided long ago that the logical endpoint of a nihilistic view is that of ultimate personal responsibility for everything I do. But this can be a very lonely path, you must look at the various factors in your life - your friendships, drug use and personal philosophy have all been mentioned so far - and assess which are affecting the others, and how important this is to you. For instance, is your obsessive pot-smoking driving away some of your straighter friends, and if so, how much does this matter to you? Enough to stop smoking?

And again, this is an aspect of nihilism that many view differently, especially when they do not share the belief themselves. They seem to think that nihilism is inextricably linked with a fatalistic kind of determinism - that everything is pre-ordained and lacks any kind of worth or meaning. Whereas I don't think that the one idea necessarily must follow from the other. Again, I'll say that nihilism doesn't mean that there is no meaning to anything, it is simply the belief that there is no greater, underlying meaning which directs our lives and defines "right" & "wrong" as some kind of universal constants. Some find this idea to be unbearably depressing. I find it a source of great mental freedom. And responsibility of course. Because the way I see it, if there is no meaning to be found outside, then everything must come from within. At times this is a heavy burden. It might sometimes be easier to say "I must do this thing because the law, or my religion, or my partner, has told me that it is the right thing to do". But my beliefs don't allow this: I also have to believe that it is right, or else I will be acting wrongly just because I am afraid of those external consequences. I have lost many friends because I think this way, I'm not close to my family, and my job and lifestyle are certainly not the kind that would be judged "successful" by the general standards of my society. But usually I'm at peace with myself because most days, in most situations, I try to act with honesty and morality, even if they are only my truths and morals.

Whew, that rant went on for way longer than I intended. I think I repeated myself a bit, sorry, I'm ill and not thinking very clearly. I was just trying to respond to some of the philosophical stuff from the OP as some of it struck a chord with me - I apologise if I have misunderstood his writings at all, and I am certainly not trying to convert anyone (nihilism may not equal "pointlessness", but evangelism in its name must certainly be heading in that direction, lol). It just interested me and I wanted to throw some ideas out there. Goodnight all.

• Like 3

Thanks mate. I think you're the only person that can relate to my friend so much. Your words and reference and philosphy strike so close. The last years have brought more isolation to my friend, and also misanthropy, nihilism,cynicism - thing is , I am quite sure they are real and only enhanced by pot use. Being impatient with peoples bullshit is recently one of the main problems, my friend claims he has been more agressive than usual, but with no remorses on his aggressive behaviour.. Maybe its the social situation here as well...

I will read at night in more detail your philosophies. It's always so important to find someone who can really relate!

Actually this is a typical situation for my friend: he never manages to find mates for his somewhat unusual interests locally, so the interent is always a fine alternative, when there's a void locally...

On the social side my friend has lots and lots of friends who dont smoke, or smoke very occasionally, so its not really difficult for him to associate with more normal people. Point complicating stuff is that the beer use is very linked with social situations, which is not really bad in itself , but it brings my friend insane cravings for pot ... after a couple of beers....

He always thought the last day before going cold turkey should not include alcohol, but today it feels kind of difficult....

And the first cold turkey day also feels hard w/out alcohol , well he doesn't remember its been a long time!

Change>> I appreciate, but where does the studying part fit?? you seem to assume lots of things about my friend, except if you're talking about your friend.... it's nice for more people to participate, but try to understand the situation here, and not link it with every cannabis abuse story you know..

.... because in this way not only you're not helping, but you just justify my friends opinion on how people are so fucking stupid and skin deep.

Your friend comes across as arrogant and self absorbed, that is of course if he would truly think the above about some one trying to help him...

• Like 1

^^^^^^^

he is very egoist, yeah, but he wants relevant answers to the issue, not impersonal stuff. Of course this maybe cannot be possible to people who have not been in this forum for along time.

If anyone else thinks the OP is an arrogant whatever, than please dont post again here. maybe he is, so what? Or, if you wanna play hard , then tease my friend in not being able to do it, this way you can both insult him and maybe hit that particular nerve in his egoism. But dont say general things. This is a philosophical / spiritual thread and certainly specific to my friend in question...

I am really happy with talking f.e. to Ceres and Anodyne and vegetarium, which , despite my obvious negative traits to anyone who's reading this forum for some time, seem to kind of accept what I am - heck Ceres seems to even like me , so they kind of understand what the fuck I am talking about, or they're getting closer than anyone IRL close to me.

====

Message from my friend:

Ceres you're right. You said I dont sound like I have really decided to quit and I havent. Thanks for your input too, this is nice (think of the leo moon of me) all encouraging input is greatly appreciated: here you dont really have to work out some mental vibe to send: a plain good word will work if it sounds real!

I kind of saw those 3-4 days, that despite there was some tension in not smoking at noon and afternoon, all was better, productivity, reformation, re-organisation,

CHEERS FOR THAT to vegetarium , tapering off , starting with night use only seems to make sense to me, as various indicators showed in the past... nights of extreme abuse led to early intake , and hardcore nights with alcohol added needed early intake as a 'hangover' antidote.. a mess...

BEING SOBER FEELS COOL AGAIN - that must be my mantra - well ok, being sober half the day - lets see what tomorrow shows....

• Like 1

From what I can tell Ceres tries to always be a positive spirit and comes across as liking everyone, especially when the person comes across as being in need of a positive and nurturing perspective. I wouldn't take it to personally.

Other than that, once you post a thread on a public forum it then becomes the property of admin and does not belong to you. There for anyone can post whatever they want, if they feel it’s relevant to the topic, unless of course a mod decides differently. In this circumstance anything related to cannabis abuse in a seemingly meaningless existence should be more than appropriate.

If you are looking for a conversation that revolves around just you, or someone’s perspective that treats you like you’re the centre of the universe, then maybe a public forum is the wrong place to be and you should probably consider forking out for a psychologist.

Cannabis 'addiction' will be knocked on the head by a good chat with Mother Aya. Just sayin...

• Like 1

Woah so much going on in this thread i dont know where to begin in composing this post, so forgive me if its a bit jumbled.

^^^^^^^

he is very egoist, yeah, but he wants relevant answers to the issue, not impersonal stuff...

But dont say general things. This is a philosophical / spiritual thread and certainly specific to my friend in question...

Buddy. How can we not say general things. Any input from anyone here has to come from their own experiences, which will show varying degrees of relevance to this situation and this thread, depending on who is reading them.

I liked Change's posted (liked it and "liked" it with the button) because it reflected the attitude i came from to realise the limitations of cannabis abuse. It may not seem relevant at a surface glance, but it is!

You asked him "where does the studying part fit?"

Well thats right under your nose mate. We are all studying our pet subjects, (yours being astrology, philosophy, cacti and whatever else gets you excited and your mind buzzing) we all have goals, and many of us abuse substances which limit our progress in our chosen fields. Regardless of how well we are coping despite consuming masses of green smoke, there is still potential to be achieving a heck of alot more than is currently being done.

Yeah I am special in a number of ways, for one I dont think someone could easily smoke up so much like me and keep up with so many different activities at once (some of which require attention to detail) , remembering shit and all... y'know I dont know lots of pot abusers that their opinion is of some gravity... that is kind of different about me. I really care about knowing and about philosophy, which are actually one and the same.

I was very much the same, and while this egoist stroke of yours may think "Ha! As if some little kiwi stoner chick could smoke as much dank chronic as I and still keep up with many different activities and retain an opinion of any gravity" let me tell you that i think we are really quite similar, what others would find incapacitating, would fire me off on a new tangent with great enthusiasm, but then i would want more and more to sustain the inspiration of the high. Some people function very well on 4+ big skunky joints a day, which makes it even harder to stop because you think you're exempt from the stupefying effect everyone else seems to suffer.

There are a number of highly intelligent pot abusers who have achieved considerable advances in their fields and regardless of their addiction, they are still a credit to society. However, they are limiting their potential, i was limiting mine, and you sir, are limiting your own.

As Anodyne said, replacement is the way out of the habit. When i stopped smoking all day, i got bored as fuck!! I wondered how i had survived all this time without going completely crazy. When i realised that all this extra time was actually a blessing, rather than a curse, i began doing stuff, writing, drawing, thinking, gardening, and also interacting with others with a new energy, and finally i became thankfull for the abundance of creative and intellectual power which had accumulated in me throughout my life. No longer did i resent the fact that i found myself here on this earth with all this time and no-one to interact with who saw things the way i did, i was able to begin tapping my gifts and doing what i knew i was capable of - for me. For my own enjoyment and fulfilment, just to see if i could.

I sense that if you get through this wall of smoke, the same thing will happen for you also.

I had something like a goal, I was searching. It was philosophical , but it was essential . As time went on and I moved on in analyzing the world and perception in my own philosophy, I came to realise that the whole thing was to manage to unite all these different pieces - I know its kind futile, but I have a strong inclination to try to do it. So far I want/plan to write 3-4 books, lol, different subjects, I dont know when I should get started...

I have this same strong inclination.

Get started now. Today. Do it! If nothing happens today, try again tomorrow. Brainstorm, experiment with your mind, throw all the ideas you have out onto paper without restraint and take a good look at them. Dont worry if things dont make sense, just let the ideas flow.

Once you begin to see certain categories you can begin to unite kindred concepts. You begin to notice parallels between totally different subjects, techniques from one discipline which revolutionise the way you look at the other. Remove the divisions and see your mind for the majesty it offers.

By allowing, what i like to think of as an "ideas party" to happen, you can introduce parts of your mind to other parts of your mind, that dont usually interact with each other. Just like how someone when throwing a party would get nervous about their "philosophy-loving friends" meeting their "astrology-loving friends" and their "cactus-loving friends", worrying themselves silly about weather or not they would all get along, you think they will have nothing in common, but hey 9times out of 10 they do!

Just like that. Throw an idea party.

When you begin to appreciate what you can do when you apply yourself, you no longer feel the need to smoke yourself silly.

- or thats how it went for me anyway. But hey, this isnt over. I'm still wrestling that self-indulgent side that tells me to roll up a fatty and chuff the day away. But its a matter of keeping my mind occupied, and new ideas flowing.

Oh and mutant, of course i like you. You're a unique character and you take a stand for what you believe in. Those traits are seemingly rare from my limited experience.

And finally Anodyne,

I just wanna thank you personally for that post you made regarding nihilism - #31

Like a breath of fresh air, and somehow exactly what i needed to come across today. Thank you :)

• Like 1

However, i do have to agreee that seeking professional help is not something to turn your nose up at mutant (or mutants friend or whatever we are dealing with here), i have done so, and am incredibly glad i did. I dont know the depth of these circumstances but substance abuse is often an indicator of deeper psychological issues which result from unresolved trauma. Some issues you can fight alone with reasonable success, but in other cases it is an absolute blessing to have another person devoted to help you to unravel the years of negative behavioural patterns to find a healthy equlibrium and a fresh perspective of yourself and reality

not gonna write a new post cause i'm obviously not helping in anyway, but just wanna say, with this above comment i wasnt implying you should go see a doc and get SSRI's or benzos, but rather engage in some long term therapy with a therapist who suits you. Prescription meds are the last fuckn thing on earth that i think would benefit. But yeh, you dont seem to like this idea, i just wanted to clarify i wasnt telling you to get on the meds to make it all go away

--

Edited by Ceres
  • Like 1

Ok fuck it, I am taking it to PM

thanks for your time and sorry for being so arrogant I could not see the doctor is my friends solution.

And oh, change's post was completely edited so my response to it seems out of place.

but it doesn't matter, does it? this is a general discussion on cannabis abuse, so carry on your stories, because all of you seem to have solved your problems on cannabis overuse and all ...

and oh, FUCK Subaeruginosin

.... because in this way not only you're not helping, but you just justify my friends opinion on how people are so fucking stupid and skin deep.

And oh, change's post was completely edited so my response to it seems out of place.

I edited my post because i see no point trying to help some old asshole who wont help himself,

Its easy to point the finger and say someones not helping

Keep pointing it at Subaeruginosin if it makes you feel better

Real Change comes from within

It sounds like Subaeruginosin made that change for himself rather then having a big cry about it on the internet

I tell it how it is and they got nothing to say

I tell the haters I love them, just to fuck with their brain

Cos im insane, my flows like a swordfish

arrgh sorry mutant, i shouldnt have been such a rude little bitch and insulted you like that.

I was just projecting my own issues which dont belong here, and have nothing really to do with you.

Sorry.

Good to hear your friend has been able to cut out the day time use and is feeling better for it.

Onwards and upwards.

Edited by Ceres
  • Like 1

Nah man, stick around - this is just getting interesting!

That anger, you can use that, to get where you want to go. When you were trying to goad people into challenging you ("I bet that you can't stay clean for a week", or whatever), you were looking for a motivation, trying to create a strawman to be angry at. But you don't need that - you have real things to be angry about, so why not just use them instead? You've already said that the financial cost annoys you, so how about using that as your motivation? It sounds like your lack of control over your habit is another source of anger for you, and hence another potential source of motivation for getting some control back! Because somehow I don't think that the vaguer types of reasons for quitting ("I might get lung cancer in 30 years time", "my mum wouldn't approve") are going to work for you - that kind of excuse seems very distant and wishy-washy when it's standing betweeen you and something you want to be doing. You need something more immediate & direct, a reason that will be more important to you than the hassle of trying to change your behaviour. If you can channel that shit, your anger could be really useful here.

But being angry at everyone and everything, all the time, will lead to an early death, alone with your stomach ulcers. And I don't want that for you buddy, I like you! So I hope you stick around and work this out.

• Like 1

And finally Anodyne,

I just wanna thank you personally for that post you made regarding nihilism - #31

Like a breath of fresh air, and somehow exactly what i needed to come across today. Thank you :)

I certainly didn't expect it to be called that. :lol:

I'm a little flattered, and a little confused. Most people don't find this topic very uplifting.

But I guess if we were "most people", we wouldn't be here to start with. So thank you, it's nice to realise there's other weirdoes out there sometimes.

Well, anodyne, you’re right. It is getting interesting…I could not stay away from drama revolving around me!

Well what did we learn these days from cannabis abstinence experts?

First of all, in a thread where someones is having a problem trying to control his use, it doesn't really matter what HE thinks of the advice given, as long as the other folks who claim that they adressed similar problems in the past consider it good advice... So, a very specific subject, that only Anodyne, it seems, thinks deserves individual analysis and thought. Thanks dude. I will return to your previous comments.

Also it doesn't matter to the butthurt advisors if my friend really wants to cease use completely or control the daily abuse, so those who claim that adressed their issues in the past obviously think cannabis abusers are a certain category of people and as such my friend should do what they think one should do, what they did with their issues.

Well its kind of unfair for Ceres as she at first approached this more personally, but not anymore, it seems the insulted Leo cannot be specific anymore, so I will stick with the second, butthurt incarnation. Its funny how much stuff we assume when we are insulted or angry. Why were you insulted again?

Again its the pattern of the majority of people, say whatever you say, but dont get deep.. Depth is a parameter of pedal effects, people like wahwah and flangers, but not philosophical depth, you know what I mean? Be general, not specific. Specifics insult people. You 're saying I am a fool because I want the world to revolve around me... For one I have openly admitted this for years, I am a strong egoist and indeed the wolrd revolves around me. You did not break the pattern in this thread either. The discussion is still revolving aroung me, only now from the non-specific comments on my friends issue and general advice, we got to the ultra-specific analysis of my character and how ungrateful and super egoist and old fool I am.

So shallow , it seems, are some of you that you did not see that the comments that annoyed me were specific to me, only lacking any insight or details for who I really am. A 16 yo ? a 40 yo ? a depressed man? a tired man? a bored man? what?

So we should be be specific when we insult, but not when we give advice..

And let me tell you about the "Man up!" advice. To me it seems very likely that this person used to have an oppressive , sexist and possibly abusive father figure. This person seems like he would be an awful father himself.

Also he and Ceres are advising to go to the doctor...

What for? please say more... what is wrong with me? should I take SSRIs ? Benzos? You cannot give a personal advice but you can advise me to go to the shrink... please say more, or you're full of bullshit, know what I am saying?

if you dont have the skills or patience to examine a character for what he is and analyze a situation according to facts and not generalities, you dont have to assume that nobody does. That's why I am into astrology and you are not, know what I am saying Ceres? Of couese there's the opinion "the doctor is an expert! he should know... " about what? about pot? about the mechanics of pot addiction? to offer good advice or good drugs? what ?

So....

It doesn't matter if my friend is coming from a broken home or not, it doesn't matter if he is 34 years old or a 16 year old that gets stoned before the classroom, it doesn't matter if his father raped him or what. Of course it doesn't matter if some idiot with 2 posts comes and insults me, it doesn't matter that we cant know where he is coming from since he just arrived . ANd it doesn't matter if I have 4000 posts, so one would assume some people here have read enough of those to know this mutant character a bit more....

The embarassment you project to the thread about my own behaviour is somewhat awkward... I mean... I thought my friend was the one with the problem and you the super -duper guys that adressed the fucking problem in the past and now you are so fucking healthy and productive... Well, how come you are so insulted? If you really went through this, dont you remember cannabis addicts lowering their use actually are more agressive and short tempered? How come you're objecting in my trying to get more specific dialogue as opposed to general crap change or subaerunogin offered? How come is this so important matter to you and you are re-claiming the thread from my evil hands?

Could it be , just saying, some of you giants of will, that got over the cannabis abuse story , are jealous? Jealous of what I hear you say?

Well, I dont know if you noticed, but while accusing me of my huge ego, for a week or so my friend has both lowered his daily intake dramatically and also limited the use to night only. High is more enjoyable, day is more productive, and last but not least so much fewer money spent on the shit. But you probably missed this part while trying to project general shit in a very specific situation...

but you wanna gimme shit for dissing insulting and irrelevant IMO replies....

So yeah, if you smoke once every two months, would this thread bring you cravings?? And me claiming this and claiming that gets on your nerves, because you go "who does this fucker think he is? better than us? that he is able to do more things under the influence than we? "

Well Ceres, I did not say that, but I dont know any one with such a high level of intake and so much passion about so many different activities. I dont know anyone who can smoke so much and maintain a deep philosophical discussion for hours without getting bored... or forgetting the subject constantly... anyhow, why be so insulted?

You feed me the "man up" advice and force me to acept it as a good advice? Fuck you !

My friend is watching Sopranos at night, and he will smoke... I even lost my text in here and did not loose my temper - I figure, never mind, second time I will be more efficient... nothing better than a healthy portion of sagittarian optimism...

Change>> at least you figured out I am an "old fool" and not the 16 year old you imagined, hence the stupid comment on studying.

- ceres says

Its up to you, and you alone. No one else is in your mind, no one knows how you think, and no one can make a change for you.

bollocks. if we are so fucking alone and hermit in this fucking world, than how come we are discussing? Are we just babbling parallel monologues here or are we are actually trying to connect with the others needs/problem? youy know, a problematic situation is never vague, never general, its very specific...

Of course noone can make a change for you, but last time I heard, people's addictions are quite complex and seeing them as one type of occurance reveals lack of insight...

You are supposed to accept astrology for its ability to scan and reveal a wide range of characteristics , personality traits and all. And this is equivalent with character analysis. This whole fucking thing is based on the fact that each one of us is different.

The archetypal idiotic idea is that all men are the same or all women are the same. All junkies are the same and all potheads are the same...

So, my friend trying to claim he is very unlike your typical pothead shows his egoism, he is a fool and all.. He should have accepted his case is exactly the same with everyone elses, right??

Then everyone would thank everyone in this thread about the awesome advice and vibes and all... Well fuck that...

Last time I communicated with the centrals , what's important is what I think is helpful to me.

Anodyne PS : my friend never tried to get on with activities as a means to get over pot. he was always like that, and for the most of those activities he never saw pot as inhibiting the productivity in these activities... ( beer and cannabis is another matter though) Also, my stomach is like an iron. Well, I suppose it wont be like that for ever, but I assume and have experienced my body as pretty strong. Dont get down with the flu, dont get ill in general... With so much controvery I spread around me and swordy words , I would have had an ulcer already... Most people can't handle crisis and anxiety.. negative vibes.... When I am in hurry I feel motivated... Actually I often postponed some job until the lst minute - I found greater pleasure and motivation to do it the last moment than doing it on time...

Also you are right about trying to figure out what the best motivations would be for me. This is one big difference between your approach to the matter and the butthurt crowd: you got the will and skills to go there. They dont. Or maybe you are a bit like me.

some good motivations . realisations , like you mention, are :

*cost of the habit

* lack of interest for going out and flirting with females, diminished interest for social situations which in turn would be a playground for flirting and associating with females

* high is better with occasional use, while it's flat with constant.. regardless the quality...

* increase in agressiveness on my friends part, especially related with different strains of cannabis... now here this is linked with nihilism and trying to figure out where philosophy ends and starts becoming an alllibi for continued abusive use...

Edited by mutant
  • Like 1

I think you've got it worked out man. Take it easy

Glad to hear you're doing so well with your goal of cutting down. And it sounds like you've worked out some very good reasons for keeping your usage down. I'll probably cop some flak for saying this, but from what I've read, I can't see that there would be any great benefits to quitting entirely... except maybe just to prove to yourself that you can. Otherwise it sounds like a little pot is, in some ways at least, a positive influence in your life. If you can just cross that line back from "abuse" to "use", then I think it shouldn't really be a problem for you. And you are well on that path. One of the worst things people do with their drug use is to lie to themselves about it - and you don't seem to be doing this. I reckon you'll be ok.

And don't worry, you'll get no "how I quit successfully" stories from me. :lol: I'm only involved in this discussion because I think we have some similar personality traits and individual philosophies. Honestly I think that these things are far more interesting to discuss, and in the long run are more fundamental and important to your life. If you know yourself, and understand your motivations, I believe that you will be able to work out your drug "problem", or any other behaviours, that you want to. Whereas the reverse isn't really true - I think if you looked only at your drug use, without considering well... everything else in your life... then any changes you made would be superficial.

Let us know how it all goes for you. Your posts bring a smile to my face, really they do. Like you said, they hit very close to the mark for me. I can't relate to everything you write, but some comments are like thoughts taken out of my own head... very peculiar sensation!

Edited by Anodyne