The Corroboree
Pat Uri

Positive Drug Drive test may not show impairment

Ah OK, I was hoping to find someone who had a few correctly stored/ cheap supplier for/ cases of the Securatec Drugwipe 2S, I think that's what the NSW coppers are using?

• Like 1

Now normally I'd say try NSW Crime Commission Assistant Director Senior Officer Mark Standen's glove box...

• Like 3

Gold :D

• Like 2

I was in a car accident and was charged with drink driving due to a trace of cannabis in my system .

They took my license and then came court with private law firm it took 7 months to get to a trial .

The judge saw it was only a trace and i was not drunk and threw it out .But the worst part was

i had spent $$$$$$ already on toxicology legal etc and my lawyer said if i plead i get my license straight back

but i thought I have come this far .But to have the judge just through it out like that was good in a way as he

was super pissed but i paid for a front row seat in a court of justice I wanted the full trial by this point .As it

smelled funny see there were two samples one of me drunk .18 and clean for everything else and another with the

dope and my medication and no alcohol .So i wanted to know who this was as i knew it was the other driver .but

they did't charge him with anything .

• Like 1

P'sD - bloody glad to hear that, big fella Red! Pity you had to go through all that stress - over f.a. impairment - and "buy" yourself your justice.

Yeah one of the defences to drink driving is that you were a police officer, SES officer, medical officer responding to an emergency to save a life. Because alcohol is legal and cannabis ain't. Yet have a trace of the herb in you and you're skrewed - high range impairment...If my life was in peril, personally I'd prefer a stoned rescuer than one who was drunk any day.

Top stuff BigRed!

Which reminds me = saw Mr Uri for a drink and cigar last weekend, not much more, and he said my yarn above wasn't bad (Pass Conceded) quite a few techo errors, but gist was ok, but I hadn't said Zinc solutions also farc the on=the=spot Immunoassay colour test. Zinc acts just like the necessary gold heavy metal would and causes the dye to react resulting in a false negative - drug is there, but the ink-on-paper says there isn't...We all know what the mindless, jobsworth drones are going believe - not you and the evidence in front of them - but the "all knowing" piece of paper, because "it's the law"!. Keep easy, good people. P'sDog.

Phaemons dog, just want to confirm if I read this correctly, are you implying that zinc (say a zinc oxide tablet dissolved in water) may cause a test to show a negative result? If so, that is very interesting information indeed. Sorry for the thread necromancy, but I've seen a few articles lately pointing out the inherently unfair aspects of the current testing regime. Notably that cocaine is not tested for even though the equipment is readily available, neither are benzos and other substances. We wouldn't want to upset the pharma applecart by suggesting that fine upstanding citizens using their perfectly legal products might be causing problems on the roads, would we.

Ain't you lucky window of opportunity exists. No only soluble salts of zinc. Bye. Blessings. P'sDog

Oh - Someone has really really pissed Pat uri off - forget any contact from the Clan. P's Dog

• Like 1

Intriguing.... (I mean the bit where somebody peeved off the mysterious paturi)

Edited by ThunderIdeal
  • Like 2

Yeah, it's a pity. As long as Phaemon's Dog still makes the occasional appearance, I'll be happy. (On that note, P's Dog, if you are reading this, and I know you will at some stage, would it kill you to check your PM's?)

Until Pat changes his mind, we will just have to figure this stuff out ourselves and muddle through as best we can.

Tartar-control mouth-wash anyone?

:bong:

Edited by Change

Ok. So zinc acetate is water soluble, and the acetate salt doesn't bind the zinc ions so that they are freely available. And zinc acetate is used in some cold lozenges for the purpose of lessening the duration and severity of cold symptoms, so is easily obtainable otc.

It would be interesting to try out as an experiment if the swab test kits were able to be procured. Theoretically speaking of course...

• Like 3

Well, I was thinking zinc chloride (in the mouthwash), but lozenges might be more convenient. Some testing is needed though.

• Like 1

Interesting about this zinc. Did a bit of reading. Apparently zinc ions bugger up ELISA urine testing - http://jat.oxfordjournals.org/content/35/6/333.abstract - full article here: http://jat.oxfordjournals.org/content/35/6/333.full.pdf+html

I assume that there is a connection. Get reading people!

• Like 2

I would sound at least one note of caution. To: 'Wilfully introduce or alter the amount of a drug in oral fluid or blood after being required to provide an oral fluid or blood sample' is to potentially risk a bigger penalty than testing positive to the weed.

As others have said, drive responsibly.

^what if you are just trying to get some relief from your cold/sore throat?

You both make good points. I just advocate caution - I would not someone to get themselves into deep(er) trouble after reading our hypothetical meanderings.

• Like 1

I wondered if you chugged your aclohol (rectum infusion) would it still come up in your breath test .As i have heard about people doing this

I'd say yes red. The blood moves through your lungs, carrying alcohol, and you breathe some out in your breath.

• Like 1

I would sound at least one note of caution. To: 'Wilfully introduce or alter the amount of a drug in oral fluid or blood after being required to provide an oral fluid or blood sample' is to potentially risk a bigger penalty than testing positive to the weed.

As others have said, drive responsibly.

After being required to provide... Potential loophole to ingest zinc when you've been pulled over, and before they get to the window.

But yes drink driving is fucked up.

• Like 1

seemingly positive drug driving safety laws may show impairment.

was that the title?

No - it was that seemingly positive tests may not show impairment - e.g: http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=42810&p=526787 where that guy tested positive 9 days after smoking (but was acquitted for reasons discussed in the last link I posted in that thread).

obviously, LOL, you missed my point...

dear me, yeti, oh deary me. wow.

• Like 1