The Corroboree

I am wondering if anyone might have a short list of what ailments Solanum can be used to treat. I am not interested in information about its use as a psychotropic substance.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 2

solanum dulcamera as a smoke additive if the smoke blend is too chokey, is nice

its an olde asthma cig ingredient like datura metel which incidentally appears to go hand in hand spiritually when smoken together.. anyhoo

strongest part is the stems, and they are indeed that in very tiny amounts smoken

leaves seem to be faveourable , like... half a leaf just crumbled

full moon theyre really strong as seems to be the general concensus for smoke mix nightshades

they numb the lining of your airway so it cant feel what ever is irritating it, very powerfully compared to some things

... this can be useful for things like chokey smokeys making a perfect balance, fly agaric to add moisture ;)

i doubt it would be useful if that sensation or chokey were anything of a higher level than ....whatever being smoken is too chokey though, wouldnt want to numb any deeper

not found another use for it but it numbs fingertips when picked

and the berrys dont seem to be of any use smoke wise ...niether do flowers in my opinion

so basically it numbs things at the surface nicely and very efficiently ,

I'm sure that could make a very long list far beyond my knowledge of possible ailments

Edited by ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ
  • Like 2

solanum crispum is a very nasty smoke imo that causes considerable regret

both white flowered and purple flowered :P

I would personally rule that one out myself

• Like 2

interesting Thunder. If it numbs the fingertips when you pick it, it suggests it could be used as a local anisthetic, like the 'toothache plant', but stronger

• Like 1

- think so too but use for it currently is limited (by self) to smokes for chokes and maybe only about 25 times in a year.... if that.

A solution could possibly serve my vessel best for what your suggestion induced; of my thoughts outside of smoking, but...

I didn't research that (guesses solanine) as an anesthetic... possibly should have now reflecting back...

only found anesthesia as a use while reading about atropine though.... by chance....

and full anesthesis at that...

which further went into detail about its efficacy with opiates in the operating table (and OBE's n stuffs).

Personally my motive is now to find a natural replacement for the xylocaine the Dr has me spray up my nose (which I don't like at all - lol) and this could possibly be it , although Im sure, that out of my reach (in this tiny little plankton within a krill's stomach where I reside), ....there is a much better, safer bunch of leaves for this and they would belong to erythroxylums of the coca cola variety...

but seeing as they're pretty much isolated to south america and an ole dutch patch of asia ...

history that there is accessible record of; probably revered nightshades for anesthesia ...

Perhaps a deep dig into that history (and a lot of crap filtering along the way) would bring the local

"anesthesial gold" to your pot too?

Thanks Freewheelin! :)

Must be time to research creating: not just eye drops (in this case not for a nightshade, but a psychotria),

but also safe trans-nasal/dermal "carrier fluids" (for nightshades),

-they may be the same fluid for both , if so, will be easier-

and a doseing chart...,

if they already exist...

and if decision sway in the direction of replicate of a pharma method already applied ...

(and assuming its even the right avenue)

• Like 1

I too would like to would like to experiment with the coca cola variety of plantlife you speak of. unfortunately the only person I know of that has this magical plant is twice removed from my circle of friends, and long since otherwise removed due to circumstances. I have heard about that being used in eyedrops with instant results. Only recently I injured my eye with a slash across the pupil, and was hoping for such a remedy but alas all the doctor gave me was condesension and some codeine. oh well, next time.

My eye still hurts from time to time due to scar tissue, and I will be trying the psychotria eye drops when my plants are established enough to harvest. As far as doesage goes... i'll just take it easy and amp up the dose if need be. I think with these things that alkaloid content would vary greatly with climate, fertlizer levels, phase of the moon, the songs you sing while you are watering etc... so unless you have a breaking bad type lab where you can actually measure alkaloid levels, i think anyone's guess is as good as another.

• Like 1

psychotria eyedrops were for treatment of clusterheadches btw

and i shd probably stress that the xylocaine is administered nasally (as far up as poss to try get to the headache apparently) - not in the eye (lol would fkn hurt a lot i reckon - its got alcohol in it)

I'm not sure how they would perform for pain relief in the way you describe, for a cut in the eye,, I personally wouldnt introduce anything into my eye had I cut it ...

but I'm sure there will be someone on SAB who will be able to help towards your goal or explain if its applicable w viridis eye drops

sorry to sway off topic :innocent_n: but theres a lot of evidence pointing to MJ for eyesight and eye healing

(i might know of somebody who no longer has to wear glasses after just 4 years of reg toking - infact i may know of a lot more than just them too , all previously had astigmatism {rugby ball shaped lens} and went on to pass army sight tests rated 20 20 vision , also know of one who self treated glaucoma with that plant)

i think i may have started a thread on psychotria eyedrops and gave up checking it after ages...

if I find it I will add the link here.

just to sway back on topic,

found tomato leaves a nice smoke addition , theyre a solanum ... lycopersicum, perhaps it's the same plant blood ingredient as the more pleasant dulcamera?,

not ventured potato leaves yet tho

• Like 1

Yeah i was aware that it was for headache treatment, but thought it was worth a try anyway lol

As far as treatment for eye pain, I know one person who had similar issues as tells me he was given a cocaine-based eye drop which instantly killed the pain. Seemed legit.

Ok... back to topic...

• Like 1

oh cool , sounds like ya got the minerals of info ya need , perhaps time will throw more up on psy viri drops

maybe it was a post i ws gna make n never did

and good to know coca has prescedent applicable to the eyeball :blink::)

ok last week i found some black nightshades growing out of a concrete wall at school , collected berries/seeds, got fingers stained the colour of magick/sweets from childhood that seem to have dissapeared nowdays

and woohoo a new one to report on later when grown and tested

-solanum nigrum

ok so i tested this herb last night for the first time and perhaps i have uncovered a slight interaction between the black nightshade

and my imitrex injections...

the smoking was fine and managed to get sleep no problem for once.. ok flavour, great relaxation and dried nice and quickly in prep too..

the morning after however (this morning) I had an unexpected cluster attack

(and usually they are predictable give or take a half hour or thereabouts)

unfortunately it was right at the school run time (which has never happened before)

I wonder if the combination adjusted my frequency times because it's like midday and no cluster yet , hopefully this will reset by tomorrow or somethn or else I'm probably going to end up viewing black nightshade as a no no for my own personal use..

sure was nice to get a real sleep though ..

IF my frequency returns to "normal" ... and if it isn't term time , and I really needed a good sleep, I would definitely use it again

• Like 1

been experimenting on using the juices of the plant (solanum dulcamara) on whitlows ... I don't appear to have any just right now to photograph .. maybe it's fixed em?