The Corroboree
Francois le Danque

White Morning Glories

Question

i found some new MGs in my neighbourhood which are white with a blue stripe under each 'point'.

my question is what species could they be? i hope they aren't just some lame variety of the usual weedy purple ones. more to the point will they provide active seeds? what about the activity of flowers? i used google images to look around but nothing definite came up.

also i have no camera at the moment so no photographs are available. thanks.

8 answers to this question

yep, violacea 'milky way' PLEASE b careful with these plants, collectall seed before it ripens. this plant is really fucking environments.

grow responsibly. very beautiful plant.

hmmmm, most MGs inhabit the same preferred spaces and as cairica and indica are pretty much everywhere already I am not sure how these guys could do any more damage?

as for collecting all seed before it ripens.... NO WAY! just doesn't happen. even precious MGs we collect 'every' seed of end up selfseeding somewhere in the garden.

so yeah, this IS a bad weed, but if you already have MGs in your neighbourhood I can't see how they can make it any worse. Mind you, some species are worse than others. we are still trying to eliminate I.hederacea 4 or 5 years after we grew our first and last intentional plant.

hmmmm, most MGs inhabit the same preferred spaces and as cairica and indica are pretty much everywhere already I am not sure how these guys could do any more damage?

as for collecting all seed before it ripens.... NO WAY! just doesn't happen. even precious MGs we collect 'every' seed of end up selfseeding somewhere in the garden.

so yeah, this IS a bad weed, but if you already have MGs in your neighbourhood I can't see how they can make it any worse. Mind you, some species are worse than others.

it cant help by intoducing new genetics , bringing traitssuch as 'hybrid vigor' and maybee crating a morevigorus, p&d resistant strain. im justsaying be resiliant. same with sp. such as sida. we know they are bad, collect the seed. its not hard grow enough u can manage efficiently. T i know u collect z seed.. but yeah u know what i mean. It could be done.

we are still trying to eliminate I.hederacea 4 or 5 years after we grew our first and last intentional plant.

thats kinda my point. happens to everyone, u just hafto be careful with such vigorous plants. they are beautiful, u just hafto keep em under control, and yeah it is possible to pick all the seed. they are pretty eveident when they are maturing and will fully mature in a brown paper bag as u would know

i think the interbreeding is the hazrda or at least a hazard. blah blah

so do the milky ways set seed easily??? ive got one that just started flowering but cant find any info about it! this is the only thread i could find. its just a violacea right?

Edited by Bush_Turkey

can anyone id a mg looking vine with small white flowers approx 1cm long and 1 cm wide....minuta sticks in my memory....?

has pale brown seeds.

t s t .

Edited by t st tantra

not a Convolvulus tantra?

C. arvensis? gets a bit pink though i think...

Edited by gerbil

Queensland bellflower? It looks like an MG with tiny white blooms and very soapy, striped seeds in 2's and 3's. Short vines.