The Corroboree
gtarman

Sunshine Coast meet (QLD)....

I fear Thunder may be correct. I'd be pushing it to get there in any event plus it'd be good to make sure Gtarman and others can attend so I'm putting a vote in for rescheduling for at least a couple of weeks and making more of a day/night/day of it... Maybe early or late Feb?

Edited by Xenodimensional
  • Like 1

Yeah agreed guys, I'm gunna be pressed as well.

Have a lovely Sunday :)

Yeah sorry y'all, I won't be able to make it today. Money is not on my side

Re-do in April? I'm just getting established on the coast and would love to network with some fellow flora-nerds :)

• Like 1

april it is, which weekends are everybody available? RC, xeno, me, meditator (where did he go anyway?) are all close enough to realistically make it to the meet, who else is in?

let's take a vote who realistically thinks we should make this one a camp/meet? bearing in mind that big plans are less likely to eventuate than modest ones.

• Like 1

An overnighter is always going to be a bit of a push for me at the moment, so I'm more inclined to chuck my vote in for a meet, even if I pop in to a camp for a bit.

my birthday is on the 23 would be good to make a weekend of it

• Like 1

*BUMP

I can easy make the weekends starting the 6th through to the 20th I reckon :wink:

13th then? Buderim Forest Park is fairly accessible and beautiful, but I'm new to these parts and am easy.... just quietly :blush:

Im down.

Buderim sounds good to me, im pretty close to there and i love waterfalls.

saturday 12 or sunday 13?

just to clarify, is this area suitable for overnight or not?

buderim forest park.

Wait were camping there O_o?

Edit: I seriously have no idea how i read the entire page and missed the camping part.. Fuck

Im down to camp though, that actually sounds like an awesome idea if we can.

Can we make a fire to cook some food and hot cocoa? Are we even aloud to camp there? If so This should be great.

Edited by Meditator

Don't know about the camping side actually, I would assume not though :unsure:

.... there had been some talk of some camping and others just rocking up for the day. forget all that, lets not waste this momentum.

Well we could always spend the day at Buderim and then go to a camping place? If need be carpooling from here to there. The idea of camping just sounds too awesome to miss..

An overnighter Sat 12 to Sun 13 in the holidays would be super awesome for me. I know some sweet green pastures on the banks of a nice river, I've camped there a few times.

Buderim falls will be packed during the holidays, it's always packed these days, and you certainly can't camp there.

Anyone else keen on Sat 12- Sun 13?

post-8867-0-85351800-1396099481_thumb.jp

srthwrth.jpg

srthwrth.jpg

Edited by Halcyon Daze
  • Like 3

I would tend to defer to Halcyon's local knowledge here for sure.

I can't camp, but as long as it's not a 4 wheel drive, 2 hour from the Sunny Coast drive I'll be there. :wink:

Depends on what your idea of camping is though. Obviously there's no showers or electricity at that particular location, but there's no other people around and it's not too hard to get to.

• Like 1

We need a place where we can make a fire without worrying about causing a scene in any way.. Like we dont want to alarm anyone that a bushfire is starting or some shit and have a helicopter drop a ton of water over our campfire haha

What are we gonna sleep in? Sleeping bags and tents?

That spot is pretty wicked. No houses around, plenty of trees for privacy, nice little creek, birds singing & cows mooing. You even get a view of the glasshouse mountains in the distance :)

​There are places to park the cars but we will have to carry our backpacks across a couple paddocks to get to the spot/ area, so we won't have the cars right where we camp.

Tents or swags will be fine.

I would also recommend thongs, boardies, and a towell because the river is super awesome for a dip. If anyone wants to canoe to the spot then I'm up for that too but I can only have 3 in my canoe and I might even end up bringing a couple of nice open-minded international students (fingers crossed LOL).

• Like 2

Sounds sweeeeeeeeet :o:lol:

I can honestly say you'll be glad to have experienced this place. With the rapid growth of the sunny coast these magnificent areas are quickly turning to housing.

Let's get some numbers guys, who's keen on this idea.

If not, put up your suggestions asap.

Equinox has already passed so this could be the last chance for a decent camp-out before winter hits.

• Like 1

Man im keen as a bean

In.